HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One reason I am very selective with my HT purchases and keep them one per case. These figures are expensive and when displayed they should reflect that. Agreed when bunched together (not saying this particular pic as it seems it's purpose is only for a group shot) in a display cabinet they look like cheap, affordable toys. Just my 2 cents!

That's very true... I have a Mark IV on display and it doesn't look all that great... I sold off 5 armors, plastic doesn't work very well with the IM line IMHO... I have the Mark III Die Cast on pre-order and am getting WM Mk 2 (die cast), I hope these look better or I am out...

I have DX09 though and I find that looks cheap too... I'm not a fan of the rubber bodies, they look like run of the mill toys... the cape was a disaster, looks like a five your ould cut out some rubber pieces and stuck it to a cowl... I've been really disappointed with all my figures so far except for the T-600 weathered skin terminator... that looks wicked but the plastic is cheap... there's always something...

My Ultimetal Optimus on the other hand.... work... of... art..... !!!!

Man of fine taste, I see. Welcome to the club of Ultimetal awesomeness! Can't wait for the rest of the line!

Having that said, it's a little unfair to call the DX08 "cheap". It's a rubber suit, as accurate as possible. While I like NECA's approach, it still doesn't feel right. I still love It though.

Die cast doesn't necessarily make things (in this case, toys) better. They display the same.

And yes, everything is **** compared to Ultimetal Prime. Fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man of fine taste, I see. Welcome to the club of Ultimetal awesomeness! Can't wait for the rest of the line!

Having that said, it's a little unfair to call the DX08 "cheap". It's a rubber suit, as accurate as possible. While I like NECA's approach, it still doesn't feel right. I still love It though.

Die cast doesn't necessarily make things (in this case, toys) better. They display the same.

Fine taste? He is basiclly dissing all figures except Diecast Iron Man and Optimus. My poor DX09 was compared to an Iron man!

I have DX09 though and I find that looks cheap too... I'm not a fan of the rubber bodies, they look like run of the mill toys... the cape was a disaster, looks like a five your ould cut out some rubber pieces and stuck it to a cowl...

The cape can work very well.

2-The-Dark-Knight-quotes.jpg

That's very true... I have a Mark IV on display and it doesn't look all that great... I sold off 5 armors, plastic doesn't work very well with the IM line IMHO... I have the Mark III Die Cast on pre-order and am getting WM Mk 2 (die cast), I hope these look better or I am out...

I have DX09 though and I find that looks cheap too... I'm not a fan of the rubber bodies, they look like run of the mill toys... the cape was a disaster, looks like a five your ould cut out some rubber pieces and stuck it to a cowl... I've been really disappointed with all my figures so far except for the T-600 weathered skin terminator... that looks wicked but the plastic is cheap... there's always something...

If you're unhappy with your DX09 cape then you could always try to track down a Tony Mei cape.

Fine taste? He is basiclly dissing all figures except Diecast Iron Man and Optimus. My poor DX09 was compared to an Iron man!

For the record, I'm not praising die cast iron man, I have ordered 2 and not received any of them yet. I do not like the IM line to date, it has been very underwhelming...

I also understand that there's a difference between a $300 figure and a $1,000 display piece so that wasn't the point I was making, just that I'm underwhelmed so far... I'm hoping the new 1/4 line will offer me something I like...

Yeah that Ultimetal is awesome and Megatron looks sick! They're also releasing a weathered UM-01 (but he looks badly beat up, not sure I'd want to spend my money on a figure that looks like it was dropped from my balcony lol) and the Ultra Magnus looks wicked too, he's supposed to come with his armor, that will be one pricey figure lol!

As for the DX09, I think the cowl and sculpt are beautiful, was really impressed with that, but some of that rubber in the legs really turned me off... having said that, for the price, it's a great figure and it's still one of the last few hot toys standing in my collection because I like it more than the rest...

If you're unhappy with your DX09 cape then you could always try to track down a Tony Mei cape.

I was thinking about that, it's hard to find now and quite expensive, but I'll have to keep searching more diligently for it... the Tony Mei cape is really nice!

I wish I could get it to look like that... mine looks so shapeless even though I've tried folding and creasing it several times :(

Nah, having your figure permanently look awful against having it permanently look great for a one-off payment?

Gonna have to disagree with you there friend. The stock cape is quite manageable to make it look right. Just my personal opinion.

I still like you though! :)

Yeah that Ultimetal is awesome and Megatron looks sick! They're also releasing a weathered UM-01 (but he looks badly beat up, not sure I'd want to spend my money on a figure that looks like it was dropped from my balcony lol) and the Ultra Magnus looks wicked too, he's supposed to come with his armor, that will be one pricey figure lol!

As for the DX09, I think the cowl and sculpt are beautiful, was really impressed with that, but some of that rubber in the legs really turned me off... having said that, for the price, it's a great figure and it's still one of the last few hot toys standing in my collection because I like it more than the rest...

Let's continue this in the Transformers thread before they kill us here.

Btw, Ultimetal is also releasing the weathered parts as add-ons so that we don't have to pay another 1K. :)

the tony cape actually drapes naturally like a cape should, the stock cape is puffy and has no drape to it. It's that dumb wire they put in it so it could do the open look. I didnt have the nerve to cut the wire out of the stock cape and tony's tailoring is excellent and worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back