HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is several reasons for delay. Usually it's licensing where it's a boxing match to come with one price. Each character from this movie might have 3 greedy little paws to satisfy. Warner has rights to batman, then you have Tim burton for conceptual design rights, finally likeness rights.

No, there's only one reason: HT.

Then there is materials. Ht may want to do all 3 characters in one go so they don't have to go into the ring again. The penguin costume on surface looks simple but I made a custom for someone and it's a very complicated pattern. Catwoman has her own complication since costume deteriorated 3 different times. Most likely they will do the 2 nd costume because the 1st and last costume was only in 1-2 scenes.

Catwoman's white stitches are intricate work. And customers won't be pleased if this was done in a print. No they want texture for there money. They could do in theory what studio did and do stitches separately and glue groups of stitches to body suit. Or hand stitch them on either way she will end up a pricey figure.

WTF??? Are you serious??? Ht having problems with fabrics or materials??? Oh my god... Have you seen Batmobile, Chewbacca, Delorean, Ripley, Robocop...???

They probably spent 2 years clearing licensing. What's holding things up is waiting in approval and making changes based on the proto. And Warner's final sign off. This is not Hot Toys fault. Place Blaine on Warner Bro's there a pain for anyone to deal with and extremely sue happy. The only time that isn't slow is for those cheep toys that come out after the movie. That's usually already done before movie is finished.

No. They have spent 3 years (not 2), just because they know that the money (big money) is on Iron Man, Avengers, etc... Burton's Batman is not a big business, fans of this franchise are not so large as IM, Avengers or Nolan Batman. This is a fact (and it hurts me, believe me).

Dc comics just gets a royalties check for use of there label unless it's a comic based figure but usually easier to deal with but warner has to get their cut. Which slows down each and every figure.

There you go...

Exactly.Those are crazy numbers even by HT standards.

Nah, they're pretty accurate, if there was more than the less than a snowball's chance in hell that we'd actually see those 1/4 scale figures Howard also promised.:lol

Returns Batman is too hard to produce. Hot Toys has never done anything like it before.

batmang.jpg

No, not really. But one can dream, right?

:lol

Yeah right. Next figure release will probably be Thor, Black Widow or any of the other repaints AoU has to offer. Then once you endure that, you've got the newbs like Scarlet, Quicksilver and Vision. Don't forget about QS Iron Man! Then when you think you've gotten to the light at the end of the tunnel, an Ant-Man release will be there to grace us with it's presence. Terminator Genysis collectible hype seems to be in full force, so don't expect Keaton or Devito until after old man Arnie or Asian T-1000!

Then before you know it, Stah Wahs 7 1/6 and 1/4 Collectibles coming soon!

Oh yeah, I fully expect Thor to go up this week followed by Widow or vice versa. :slap

Don't forget to throw in a weird, random, unexpected license like CHAPPiE.

And I still think it's possible that they make another Nicholson Joker before Batman Returns, which at this point, would be obnoxious.

NECA, Mattel, Sideshow, etc. refuse to pay the fees that Nicholson demands because what he wants is outrageous and not profitable from a product/toy making stand point. It's got me thinking, what did Howard pay for that? Half a mil? A million? Two million? Even though DX 08 and Mime were supposedly over produced, I highly doubt they've evened out from that deal. :lol

That's why I think they went the extra mile with Alex Murphy. Of that had been an ordinary license deal, it probably would have been just regular Robo and Damaged. Since it was the Peter Weller situation though, it makes sense to get the most out of it with policeman Murphy.

Last edited:
As much as I admire Ol' Jacky Boy, I can only imagine what it's like to deal with him. :lol

You really believe HT will do another Nicholson? I would think Howard's learned his lesson by now.

As much as I admire Ol' Jacky Boy, I can only imagine what it's like to deal with him. :lol

You really believe HT will do another Nicholson? I would think Howard's learned his lesson by now.

Dude's a hell of a businessman. His Batman deal is the stuff of legend, and, when you think about stuff like Hot Toys, it makes it all the more impressive. They've got to pay him to use his likeness on a bunch of toys that he'll get a cut of...after he's already been paid. I have to assume that they'll try to milk his likeness for as long as they've got it. Personally, I'd love to see a 1/4 Scale version of him. I doubt it's happen, but, if we lived in a world where we got QS 89 Batman and Joker? Fuhgetabodit.

Dude's a hell of a businessman. His Batman deal is the stuff of legend, and, when you think about stuff like Hot Toys, it makes it all the more impressive. They've got to pay him to use his likeness on a bunch of toys that he'll get a cut of...after he's already been paid. I have to assume that they'll try to milk his likeness for as long as they've got it. Personally, I'd love to see a 1/4 Scale version of him. I doubt it's happen, but, if we lived in a world where we got QS 89 Batman and Joker? Fuhgetabodit.

The figure varies depending on the source, but didn't Jack make $60M for Batman? According to IMDb, it was a record as of 2003, but I thought Keanu made more for the Matrix movies.

Also, according to IMDb, when Jack hesitated when offered the role, it was offered to Robin Williams, forcing Jack's hand. Williams later refused to play the Riddler in Forever.

The figure varies depending on the source, but didn't Jack make $60M for Batman? According to IMDb, it was a record as of 2003, but I thought Keanu made more for the Matrix movies.

Also, according to IMDb, when Jack hesitated when offered the role, it was offered to Robin Williams, forcing Jack's hand. Williams later refused to play the Riddler in Forever.

60 is what has been reported with all merch and everything. Including a 6million fee for acting.

But there have been five folks to get reportedly 100 million of more. A few others in the 70-90 million range. Tom cruise twice so far. When an actor takes on multiple duties like staring and producing or directing they get extra cash obviously, but it's when they go for a percentage of box office and merchandising that they really do well. It's a much riskier move, as there's no guaranteed income, (for films like john carter or Lone Ranger that wouldn't have paid off) but when it's indiana jones or mission impossible ir PotC and so on the actors do crazy good. Even something like Gravity with Sandra Bullock...so far her reported cut was over 70 million. But when this type of deal happens, it's what really makes the merchandising licenses (toys, tshirts, props, statues, posters ect) so much harder. Especially down the road. And then when it's an estate that has control that may not have gotten those large amounts of money and are trying to make some money of their own (Mj) that's when it gets crazy hard. And there are actors that really don't want a lot of marketing of themselves out there. Odd given their profession I know, but I can understand.

I am sure that if batman returns was a movie that was released like next year, as usual we would have seen pretty much the whole line up in prototype, but since there is no hype for this old movie, highly doubt we will see it until next year, marvel is killing it for everyone

Unless people in China or Japan start making customs figs and see profit.

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Ok fine batman at $350, penguin at $400 catwoman at $450 I think that is literally the lowest HT will go for these. If you don't believe me try making them yourself. everything burton does is intricate and pricy when it comes to reproducing them. It takes 9-10 Hrs to reproduce all those white stitches in that scale at 1/16th "-1/8". I should know i make the costume proto for dabbs. that's how long it to to hand stitch them onto the costume that's not counting the construction. the final battle damage was 5-6 hrs but carefully deconstructing costume while figure is wearing it.

I think you guys think it can be whipped up in a few hours. and charge 200 for a figure there is time and effort to be taken into account. those prices i mentioned is a low count for the amt of work.but i guess HT has a magic want that can produce these without effort. if they do end up cheaper dont complain if the costumes deteriorate.

$450 for a 1/6 Catwoman?

LOL. Probably if released in 2019, like The major said.

Instead of pure BS and nonsense, this thread needs more Keaton, seeing how HT has no plans of ever releasing this.

7d87bd4200437e339025878330147226.jpg

You're comparing apples and oranges when you say to "try whipping them up yourself." Mass production has a significant impact on the cost of these things that I don't think you're necessarily grasping. The recent 3Zero Heisenberg figure is a good example. A small, custom outfit had to charge about $500 for a release of comparable, albeit somewhat superior product, while the new figure is up for $150.

I'm just saying there is very few options to produce Catwoman where pieces didn't have to be done by hand. It's avant guard. Technically ht could recycle the 89 Keaton suit with some additions. And unless you studied the costumes I'm sure penguins sewer suit could be done up cheap looking. If they include his suit he could easily top at $400 but I guess if they got cheep labor in china it might be $350.

TheKumik and brothers made a fail BR Catwoman that's what cutting corners looks like.

Ht won't make it from latex because they know people are to lazy to hose it down with latex shine to make it shiny. Imagine how Michelle phiffer felt at freezing temps doused in the stuff every few hrs.

Last edited:
1419952462-2014-12-31-returns.png

How the Batman Returns poster was made

Batman_returns_poster2.jpg

saw this and thought it might lighten the gloom of this lines failure to launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back