HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really surprised they didn't include a talking feature. Ultron seems like the kind of villain that is going to spew iconic lines (in James Spader's voice no less).

Missed opportunity there. Oh well, maybe Ultron 2.0! :lol

NECA has basically all but confirmed we will get a 1/4 scale Batman Returns Batman in 2016... Who wants to bet we have that in hand before this Hot Toys release (that was first teased 3 years ago)?

Hot Toys can stuff it.

Sallah

Yeah cross eyed Neca figure ftw!

Yeah restrictive full rubber bodysuit Hot Toys figure ftw!

Both figures have their strengths and weaknesses. Just because one cost three times what the other did doesn't necessarily mean it is any better or more accurate.

BTW- None of the 6 NECA 18" that went through my hands weren't actually cross-eyed. In fact, almost all the ones I've seen that appeared that way were just due to the way the mask fit. It can be remedied pretty simply by heating up the mask and just moving it around a little (since they actually did the mask as an entirely separate piece over a head... a step Hot Toys didn't take).

Sallah

To be fair to Hot Toys, it's a little difficult to have a removable mask and removable faceplates, and, of the two, I'd probably rather have the faceplates. That being said, folks best not be dissing on NECA. I only have the 8-bit Batman figure, but, even if they aren't as high-end (which they aren't supposed to be), they're delivering fan favorite figures on a far more regular basis than HT and I respect that, wholeheartedly.

To be fair to Hot Toys, it's a little difficult to have a removable mask and removable faceplates, and, of the two, I'd probably rather have the faceplates. That being said, folks best not be dissing on NECA. I only have the 8-bit Batman figure, but, even if they aren't as high-end (which they aren't supposed to be), they're delivering fan favorite figures on a far more regular basis than HT and I respect that, wholeheartedly.

I have the Hot Toys, and both the NECA 18" & 7". While I love the Hot Toys, and the 18"... It is kinda hard to top the 7" for all-around great release. Affordable, accurate, you don't have to treat it with kid gloves... It is my go-to Keaton Batman.

Sallah

...and while Hot Toys has "no plans" for this guy (despite stating 3 years ago that he was coming), NECA grabbed that ball and ran with it-

Penguin_5-1300x-678x1024.jpg

Fact is- We have a better chance at getting the BR trio from NECA.

Sallah

Yeah, I really want to pick that up at some point. Man, I hate this. I gave up 6" figures a long time ago, because, with expensive **** like this, I figured I'd rather save up what I'd be spending on the small stuff for the high-end figures, but there's so many amazing things happening in that scale right now. The TAS/TNBA figures, the 89 figures, and, now, Mezco's doing those 1:12 collective things. They look awesome, but I keep telling myself "nope, nope, nope...don't want to." In my best Hamill voice.:lol

NECA has basically all but confirmed we will get a 1/4 scale Batman Returns Batman in 2016... Who wants to bet we have that in hand before this Hot Toys release (that was first teased 3 years ago)?

Hot Toys can stuff it.

Sallah

yeah hot toys can suck it, just like bethesda and rockstar games. who needs fallout and gta when you can have the type of garbage that comes out quickly.

yeah hot toys can suck it, just like bethesda and rockstar games. who needs fallout and gta when you can have the type of garbage that comes out quickly.

some people would rather wait for quality than buy neca

Wow. Not sure if a NECA hater/HT fanboy, but maybe an elitist who'd only take the $300 version or nothing at all? I don't think Sallah was really giving up on HT's BR license. He's a frustrated collector who's disappointed that the elite company which formally announced figures coming from this license 3 years ago has not shown us much development while NECA surprisingly came up with their quarter scale Penguin-- no hints, no clues, no teases.

I don't see where your "garbage" and "quality" post come from. Because NECA doesn't take 3 years to show a single proto from a line? And when you say "that comes out quickly" -- I hope you do know/realize that HT's come up with quick proto-to-final product figures too and they're far from being garbage (some of the latest examples are TASM2 Spidey and GotG Star-Lord that took only 6-8 months from full reveal to release). This shows that HT's Batman Returns delay is not due to ensuring quality. It's delayed because HT can put it on hold, so they can do more stuff like Artist Mix Avengers because regular MMS Avengers wasn't enough.

Wow. Not sure if a NECA hater/HT fanboy, but maybe an elitist who'd only take the $300 version or nothing at all? I don't think Sallah was really giving up on HT's BR license. He's a frustrated collector who's disappointed that the elite company which formally announced figures coming from this license 3 years ago has not shown us much development while NECA surprisingly came up with their quarter scale Penguin-- no hints, no clues, no teases.

I don't see where your "garbage" and "quality" post come from. Because NECA doesn't take 3 years to show a single proto from a line? And when you say "that comes out quickly" -- I hope you do know/realize that HT's come up with quick proto-to-final product figures too and they're far from being garbage (some of the latest examples are TASM2 Spidey and GotG Star-Lord that took only 6-8 months from full reveal to release). This shows that HT's Batman Returns delay is not due to ensuring quality. It's delayed because HT can put it on hold, so they can do more stuff like Artist Mix Avengers because regular MMS Avengers wasn't enough.

:goodpost::exactly:

Hot Toys is the company that we all love and want when it come to release are figure of a license that we love because they have the QC and resources to release a home run, but honestly a lot of companies are getting better (except Sideshow) and someday they will be a better competition to Hot Toys than Enterbay like ThreeZero, (that breaking Bad Figure was a big surprise). so If Hot toys continues to tease us and not listen to fans, charge more for figures and release a crappy figure to justify that cult classics don't make enough money (The Crow), these new companies are gonna steal licenses away. I also think that HT is just focusing in Asian sales and not the rest of the world.

:goodpost::exactly:

Hot Toys is the company that we all love and want when it come to release are figure of a license that we love because they have the QC and resources to release a home run, but honestly a lot of companies are getting better (except Sideshow) and someday they will be a better competition to Hot Toys than Enterbay like ThreeZero, (that breaking Bad Figure was a big surprise). so If Hot toys continues to tease us and not listen to fans, charge more for figures and release a crappy figure to justify that cult classics don't make enough money (The Crow), these new companies are gonna steal licenses away. I also think that HT is just focusing in Asian sales and not the rest of the world.

More and more, other companies are making figures from movies/TV shows I want represented in my collection. HT needs to get better on the customer relations aspect.

There is several reasons for delay. Usually it's licensing where it's a boxing match to come with one price. Each character from this movie might have 3 greedy little paws to satisfy. Warner has rights to batman, then you have Tim burton for conceptual design rights, finally likeness rights.

Then there is materials. Ht may want to do all 3 characters in one go so they don't have to go into the ring again. The penguin costume on surface looks simple but I made a custom for someone and it's a very complicated pattern. Catwoman has her own complication since costume deteriorated 3 different times. Most likely they will do the 2 nd costume because the 1st and last costume was only in 1-2 scenes.

Catwoman's white stitches are intricate work. And customers won't be pleased if this was done in a print. No they want texture for there money. They could do in theory what studio did and do stitches separately and glue groups of stitches to body suit. Or hand stitch them on either way she will end up a pricey figure.

They probably spent 2 years clearing licensing. What's holding things up is waiting in approval and making changes based on the proto. And Warner's final sign off. This is not Hot Toys fault. Place Blaine on Warner Bro's there a pain for anyone to deal with and extremely sue happy. The only time that isn't slow is for those cheep toys that come out after the movie. That's usually already done before movie is finished.

Dc comics just gets a royalties check for use of there label unless it's a comic based figure but usually easier to deal with but warner has to get their cut. Which slows down each and every figure.

Last edited:
Don't be surprised if batman is close to $500 penguin is just alittle more and Catwoman comes in at $600. That's cost to recover cost to make them if warner is reasonable.

Don't be surprised if batman is close to $500 penguin is just alittle more and Catwoman comes in at $600. That's cost to recover cost to make them if warner is reasonable.

Oh, I would be VERY surprised if they cost that much. $500 for Batman and Penguin? $600 for Catwoman? No way

Just for nostalgia factor I would pay whatever it takes

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back