Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The V1 with the HT Artoo...

HT-LUKE-15.jpg

It will be interesting to see what accessories they include.

And how much this V2 will be....

DX07 still looks great overall. The paint might be a little dated on the skin tone but I really like the figure set. Once all the magnets are reglued the figures have such a presence.

I think usually $250+shipping. If they do a re-do of Bespin Luke it won't be the BD version, that's for sure.

Exactly!!
I can't see them replicating the Luke/Vader helmet anytime soon either.
Still an amazing set for what it came with and what it was worth back in the day.

Congrats, Hen! That DX was possibly Hot Toys' best DX release. Two complete figures plus stands and that amazing weather vane/antennae.

A very impressive set. They don?t go into as much depth with accessories and options like this anymore. The closest they?ve gotten recently is the deluxe ROTJ Luke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have been better likenesses and better paint since, but I feel like somewhere around DX07 and DX09 was when Hot Toys peaked and has been on a very slow, very uneven decline since.

There have been better likenesses and better paint since, but I feel like somewhere around DX07 and DX09 was when Hot Toys peaked and has been on a very slow, very uneven decline since.

While the BD portrait is still the best Luke so far (even if very scene/expression specific so not useful for other Luke looks,) the non-BD is a kinda weak likeness to me.

I also think the paint app on these Bespin Luke heads is starting to look slightly dated - not bad at all but nothing close to the work on newer figs like the HT Luke Jedi.

DX07 is still one of my favorite things in the collection, would never sell it. I hope the new set comes with Dagobah training accessories and a new Hamill sculpt.

Back