Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it?s just because I saw it used a lot for customs, but I associate the non-BD sculpt as a really good ROTJ Luke.
Still, no beating the BD one for Bespin Luke. For me, it?s impossible to top that with the regular hairpiece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What appealed most to me about the 2.0 figure they had displayed was the seemingly longer sleeves on the jacket, which covered up the wrist pegs better than the jacket on this figure does.

However, I recall watching ESB again on TV a few months ago around when TRoS came out in theaters and the jacket sleeves actually were pretty short, which is reflected better on the sleeves on the jacket of this figure.

I?m also in the minority here, but I?ve actually always taken a liking to the non-BD sculpt with this set. Not perfect by any means, but I never really got the impression that it?s a poor portrait, or even outdated. Maybe slightly outdated, but for being a what, 8 year old figure or something like that, I think it still holds its ground. I actually think it?s a better portrait than the RotJ sculpt, which I don?t think is poor, either.

Maybe it?s just because I saw it used a lot for customs, but I associate the non-BD sculpt as a really good ROTJ Luke.
Still, no beating the BD one for Bespin Luke. For me, it?s impossible to top that with the regular hairpiece.

Yeah maybe that's it - it's like an older ROTJ Hamill. And yeah, I have it on the custom below (I replaced the head on my non-Bd Bespin Luke with the newer Jedi Luke version but ESB hair, next pic down) and it always strikes me as just a little underwhelming, hard to put my finger on why. To me it's a more "male model" Luke, too chiseled and handsome.

I get what SS17 is saying, and I don't see the newer Jedi Luke head as a bullseye (slightly weak jawline for Hamill on that one, and also works better for ROTJ than ESB) but the DX07 non-BD just feels a tiny bit meh when I look at this Hoth base custom, and I've seen people install it for a custom Hoth Luke and I still don't quite love it.

It's not a great pic to illustrate it, but the paint quality difference on the DX07 vs the newer Jedi Luke is fairly noticeable. But as I said, still defineitly able to be displayed alongside newer HT stuff.

moXye8H.jpg

rUKZ0sZ.jpg

Regarding the light up weather vane,, has anyone ,or is there a way to retro fit it so it will take AAA batteries or somthing ?,,, those button batteries only last for minutes

Yeah maybe that's it - it's like an older ROTJ Hamill. And yeah, I have it on the custom below (I replaced the head on my non-Bd Bespin Luke with the newer Jedi Luke version but ESB hair, next pic down) and it always strikes me as just a little underwhelming, hard to put my finger on why. To me it's a more "male model" Luke, too chiseled and handsome.

I get what SS17 is saying, and I don't see the newer Jedi Luke head as a bullseye (slightly weak jawline for Hamill on that one, and also works better for ROTJ than ESB) but the DX07 non-BD just feels a tiny bit meh when I look at this Hoth base custom, and I've seen people install it for a custom Hoth Luke and I still don't quite love it.

It's not a great pic to illustrate it, but the paint quality difference on the DX07 vs the newer Jedi Luke is fairly noticeable. But as I said, still defineitly able to be displayed alongside newer HT stuff.

moXye8H.jpg

rUKZ0sZ.jpg

Wow these both look fantastic

That hair sculpt on the HT RotJ Luke sculpt actually does look pretty good on the DX07. It could just be the angle, but I like the way the hair looks a bit more poofy, for lack of a better word, especially on the sides, as opposed to closer against the head like with the regular non-BD sculpt and hair.

I get more this vibe from it, which to me looks closer to this look than the standard DX07 sculpt and hair:

958e0d1a958fbe5c4cb9948297b105b5.jpg

Just tried my hand at swapping the head and hair. Not bad.
3668ac34a4c11f29131e14d1af1a8efd.jpg

Wow these both look fantastic

Thanks, I'm just trying to keep pace with Turd and JediJim's Luke collections, which is hard.:lol

That hair sculpt on the HT RotJ Luke sculpt actually does look pretty good on the DX07. It could just be the angle, but I like the way the hair looks a bit more poofy, for lack of a better word, especially on the sides, as opposed to closer against the head like with the regular non-BD sculpt and hair.

I get more this vibe from it, which to me looks closer to this look than the standard DX07 sculpt and hair:

958e0d1a958fbe5c4cb9948297b105b5.jpg

Yeah, I do think that SSC has that odd poofiness that Hamil''s hair has in some scenes in ESB. It's hard to capture because it can look weird, but when it's done right it really jumps out as "very ESB."

I'm redoing my Bespin display to have the DX07 with the new head/hair as the centerpiece - it made me fall in love with the fig all over again.

Thanks, I'm just trying to keep pace with Turd and JediJim's Luke collections, which is hard.:lol

Yeah, I do think that SSC has that odd poofiness that Hamil''s hair has in some scenes in ESB. It's hard to capture because it can look weird, but when it's done right it really jumps out as "very ESB."

I'm redoing my Bespin display to have the DX07 with the new head/hair as the centerpiece - it made me fall in love with the fig all over again.

Welcome to the club.

Sideshow has a “coming soon” page up for the new Bespin Luke:

It means nothing.

Hot Toys showed off tons of stuff over the years and Sideshow has 'coming soon' graphics for all of it, whether it's going up for pre-order or not.

Well that’s a bummer. I thought maybe it was a tease for some sort of virtual SDCC 2020 but now I see the blurb on the page says it’s from SDCC 2019... Darn. It’s weird though b/c it showed up on the page for hot toys Star Wars figures for sale, which I hadn’t seen before.

Back