Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the sideshow jedi luke had a huge head which threw the proportions of the figure way off, and the sculpt is not as detailed as hot toys.
check it out and you be the judge if this is a well proportioned figure or not:
https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure.php?FID=26980&figure=lukeskywalkerjediexclusive

You may be right on the accessories though, and the boots, as the darth maul boots sucked. But I just think SS uses cheaper bodies and their headsculpts are no where near the quality of hot toys IMHO

I happen to own that figure, which was released in 2006... in that year, Hot Toys heads looked like this:

aponehead.jpg

You can't compare the detail of an HT 2011 head with a 2006 SS...
Besides, the price for HT SW figures will be much higher than any SS SW current or past...

Sorry if this has been posted before....:monkey3

The DX should come w/two heads: Luke before his encounter w/Vader and after w/the scars after his duel.

:wink1:

I see it coming with an X-Wing outfit and helmet, removable hand, blaster, lightsaber, carbon freeze base just like Boba, and the battered face sculpt.

Happy day indeed for SW collectors and it looks like this SDCC will have some exciting announcements. I just find it funny that we haven't seen one photo or prototype and fanboys are pledging to throw out entire collections just to start all over again:rotfl
Someone even said you have to collect "one or the other":slap. I still have Hasbro pieces that I'm pretty sure won't make it into a Sideshow or Hot Toys line and thier decent figures for what I paid. It's all relative...collect what you like!

I'm a fan of both companies- my jaw drops (as does my wallet) for the occasional Hot Toys figure of Batman or Iron Man figure I buy. However Star Wars is the bread and butter of my collection and for the value (just look at the Battle Droids), Sideshow never disappoints. That and thier Customer Service is the best of any company I've ever dealt with, both inside and outside of Toy collecting. You can't put a price on something like that.

Yeah...my 12" collection went from an average $20 a fig, to $80-120$ a fig and now stand to go up some more in price-I just don't think I'm ready to sell off my great collection Sideshow helped me put together when I really only think Hot Toys will only be doing Deluxe versions of main characters. It's the fans that benefit the most from this:yess:

:exactly::goodpost:

I agree with you here. I'm really excited for this announcement, and I'm really looking forward to this Luke DX, but to say you have to pick one or the other is not accurate. I can't see Sideshow making any partnership that would make their loyal customers (that have purchased many of their prior products) want to dump their other figures because they don't display well together. Just doesn't make any sense.

I think this partnership will be very selective and prudent in terms of what and who is produced.

And just as the above post mentions, SS has best-in-class customer service which has kept me coming back for years. Sometimes you can't put a dollar amount on that and that in and of itself is becoming a lost art these days.

I see it coming with an X-Wing outfit and helmet, removable hand, blaster, lightsaber, carbon freeze base just like Boba, and the battered face sculpt.

I hope the stand is that thingy (technical term) he lets go of before plummeting down the shaft. In addition, a replaceable arm with a severed hand, yoda's back pack.....whoo hoo

I'll probably get this, I've really warmed up to the Bespin costume, even liked how it came out on the Sideshow figure, just the so-so paint and soft sculpt of the Sideshow don't quite do it for me, plus the body is flimsy. It would be cool if being DX meant a clean and a beat up head from the duel.

I'll probably get this, I've really warmed up to the Bespin costume, even liked how it came out on the Sideshow figure, just the so-so paint and soft sculpt of the Sideshow don't quite do it for me, plus the body is flimsy. It would be cool if being DX meant a clean and a beat up head from the duel.

That's what I really want... a beat-up, distressed Luke.

I'm most interested in what these are going to cost.

I'm still quite happy with many of the Sideshow figures I've collected. I like the occasional HT figure, but I'm not going to "replace" all of the Sideshow stuff with HT.

I'm still not that impressed with the HT Indy figure...it just looks "off" and the Sideshow release suits me fine.

It'll be a case-by-case basis for me....but one thing's for sure, for those who treat Sideshow SW figures as strictly an "investment" (foolhardy as that is), you're about to watch that market crash...

I don't know why, but something about this announcement makes me a little sad....like the end of an era, when this hobby was fun and somewhat affordable. Now, with this new collaboration, those days are definitely a thing of the past.

Well, it's been fun....

Awesome news.
I wonder where all the naysayers are right now?

It was a long shot, but hell, hope springs eternal and all that...
I'm really worried about my wallet though, this will be really really tough on my budget. I fully expect this to be close to the 300USD mark.

One thing about having satisfaction with the old SS offering.... means your wallet gets a break.

But if you want to upgrade...and I'm sure HT will tempt you to... then its gona cost ya. Of course.

I'm willing to upgrade my Luke Bespin. If the sculpt is in league with what HT has been offering (other than Indy) then it will far surpass the SS version which never had a great likeness.

I'd also be fine doubling up because I can use one for battle damaged Luke hopefully and the other for just a regular Dagobah Luke to go with my Yoda.

I'd like to be more selective, but I have a feeling whatever HT offers in Star Wars, I'm gonna jump on it.

Back