Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So...they're just going to remake figures Sideshow has done with moving eyes!!!
Yaaaaaay let's buy 12!!!!
Why not do characters we haven't seen!!!!

So...they're just going to remake figures Sideshow has done with moving eyes!!!
Yaaaaaay let's buy 12!!!!
Why not do characters we haven't seen!!!!

Because they can really improve on some of the important characters that Sideshow didn't do so well on. Like Han, Luke, and Leia

I think it's pretty certain though that Hot Toys will be handling a Chewbacca though. Maybe another Darth Vader version (not sure, since Sideshow went through one already and did a good job and could handle another).

that's my feeling as well. if there's one thing I really like about my SS SW figs is how they all go together with the same style. That's why I never bought the any of the Medi offerings

Medi Rotj Fett fits in nicely with SS figures , the rest of the Medi line
not so much.

Because they can really improve on some of the important characters that Sideshow didn't do so well on. Like Han, Luke, and Leia

I think it's pretty certain though that Hot Toys will be handling a Chewbacca though. Maybe another Darth Vader version (not sure, since Sideshow went through one already and did a good job and could handle another).

SS is releasing a ESB/ROTJ deluxe verion next year , doubt if HT/SS
will do another Vader on top of that.

I think your right about Chewbacca though.

Happy day indeed for SW collectors and it looks like this SDCC will have some exciting announcements. I just find it funny that we haven't seen one photo or prototype and fanboys are pledging to throw out entire collections just to start all over again:rotfl
Someone even said you have to collect "one or the other":slap. I still have Hasbro pieces that I'm pretty sure won't make it into a Sideshow or Hot Toys line and thier decent figures for what I paid. It's all relative...collect what you like!

I'm a fan of both companies- my jaw drops (as does my wallet) for the occasional Hot Toys figure of Batman or Iron Man figure I buy. However Star Wars is the bread and butter of my collection and for the value (just look at the Battle Droids), Sideshow never disappoints. That and thier Customer Service is the best of any company I've ever dealt with, both inside and outside of Toy collecting. You can't put a price on something like that.

Yeah...my 12" collection went from an average $20 a fig, to $80-120$ a fig and now stand to go up some more in price-I just don't think I'm ready to sell off my great collection Sideshow helped me put together when I really only think Hot Toys will only be doing Deluxe versions of main characters. It's the fans that benefit the most from this:yess:

That's what I'm doing. Hot toys makes great figures. But if they look too different from Sideshow...I won't like displaying them next to Sideshow...as was mentioned...just like Medicom...so they would be a no-go. If they fit in perfectly...if you can't tell the difference between lines by looking at the figures displayed next to each other...I'll upgrade Bespin Luke.

At first I was wondering strangly why everybody was raving about Sideshow's quality. The last time I collected a sideshow figure was when I bought a Luke Jedi knight figure, which was roughly 4 or 5 years ago. I haven't looked back until just now. I really dig the Hammerhead figure that Sideshow released. It does look pretty impressive. I also dig the new yoda body, and the points of articulation; but, I still think their paint job on the yoda head still is not up to par with hot toys. Sideshow has upped their quality since I last collected from them but still not up to Hot Toy's level yet.

Last edited:
if they concentrate on doing 8 or so main characters in the SW franchise, then i'd expect this Bespin Luke to be made more than once...just like they did with OC batman and the Iron man lines...HT never seem to complete and end all their movie lines gracefully....must be their damn marketing strategy...

Wow. This is a good thing and everyone bickering about HT vs SS or the choice. :dunno

Why is it versus ? They are working together so SS continues their line while HT gives collectors an alternative. Personally, I want Luke, Han, Leia and Ben from OT. therefore, I expect HT to revisit characters done by SS. We get anything else in addition to those four is a bonus in my book. SS can comtinue with armor, creature, bounty hunter and droid license give HT the human sculpts. Each company do their strength and collectors reap the benefits.

Wow. This is a good thing and everyone bickering about HT vs SS or the choice. :dunno

Why is it versus ? They are working together so SS continues their line while HT gives collectors an alternative. Personally, I want Luke, Han, Leia and Ben from OT. therefore, I expect HT to revisit characters done by SS. We get anything else in addition to those four is a bonus in my book. SS can comtinue with armor, creature, bounty hunter and droid license give HT the human sculpts. Each company do their strength and collectors reap the benefits.

Indeed man!!:exactly::goodpost::lecture I agree!

He might give us a Christopher Walken looking Han . .

"Your father knew if any ----- saw this lightsaber they'd take it away. As he saw it this lightsaber was your birthright. He's be damned if anybody was gonna take it away. So he hid it in the one place they wouldn't find it...."

That's what I'm doing. Hot toys makes great figures. But if they look too different from Sideshow...I won't like displaying them next to Sideshow...as was mentioned...just like Medicom...so they would be a no-go. If they fit in perfectly...if you can't tell the difference between lines by looking at the figures displayed next to each other...I'll upgrade Bespin Luke.

Oh thats what I'll do too! I think someone said they'll use thier SS Bespin Luke for a Dagobah "wife beater" Luke and I've been itching to do detail work on my old Hasbro Lukes that I'd like to do a raggedty I "just got my ass whupped by my old man" Luke:lol

Aside from space concerns, holding on to "some" stuff offers options that open a whole new level of collecting and enjoying the hobby.

Sweet.....give me an awesome Vader, Maul, and Jedi Luke!!!!

It would be interesting to see a Hot Toys version of Old Ben. IMO the Sideshow version is a grand slam.

At first I was wondering strangly why everybody was raving about Sideshow's quality. The last time I collected a sideshow figure was when I bought a Luke Jedi knight figure, which was roughly 4 or 5 years ago. I haven't looked back until just now. I really dig the Hammerhead figure that Sideshow released. It does look pretty impressive. I also dig the new yoda body, and the points of articulation; but, I still think their paint job on the yoda head still is not up to par with hot toys. Sideshow has upped their quality since I last collected from them but still not up to Hot Toy's level yet.

i wouldn't base an opinion on yoda unless you own one. for some odd reason he just don't seem to photograph well. he looks ALOT better in hand than he does in pictures. you want a good look at sideshows quality to compare with this guy when we see him? go look at The most recent GI joe offerings of Rock and Roll and Zartan.
or, if you just want to use star wars as a point of reference, go look at Rex and cody.

Here is a thought.. anyone wondering about the inevitable ROTS anakin with Robot arm?

At this point I don't care who produces it SS or HT, but coming from a fan who grew up with the OT and cherishes it-I really want to see a Prequel/Padawan Kenobi. Maybe I'll get my wish this year or next with the 3D release and all. Sideshow's "Order of the Jedi" seem kinda incomplete without him. I just hope for all the time its taken, one of these companies knocks out a killer Ewan McGregor sculpt and a great figure to boot!

Back