Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 100% confident this will get a PO in the next month or so.

Not only has the outfit been redone and new hands created, but the console segment detailing is quite different to anything shown in the past. So much of the elements are all newly created, it's not just a re-display of what was shown in the past.

And in the past, the console was nothing more than a display stand add-on - never more than two console segments shown. It has now been quadrupled from 2 to 8 segments and had the camera stands added to create a "design centerpiece" aspect that didn't exist with any earlier showing.

So this release, despite looking like just another appearance of the same thing shown in the past, has in fact a ton of all-new elements (uniform, hands, console detailing,) plus a fundamental rethink of it where the accessory is as much of the selling point as the figure. With the amount of work they have put into this, the console is as much a "product" as the Blurrg is.

It could go up soon as a ROTJ figure hence the ROTJ style helmet, doubtful it goes up any time soon as a ANH figure. I of course could be wrong in my assumptions
It could based on the figure (though this HT uniform is uncommon in ROTJ, nearly all are jumpsuit style), but the consoles are more ANH in style - they were a bit different in ROTJ.

HT itself has called this a "Detention Block Control Console" from "A New Hope" but it doesn't really match that detention block console either (which wasn't a full circle.)

I do believe that full circle console is actually two consoles put together.
I don't think so. The console tops are in a random order all the way around rather than a single layout repeated. Unless there is the ability to customise the position of each part but that seems unlikely with electronics.

Behind the scenes at Hot Toys' HQ...

Everyone apart from Howard:

Picard.jpg

Howard:

card.jpg

picard2.jpg

At the risk of taking the bait - :LOL: - I enjoy all kinds of musical genres and performances including DJ and electronic acts.

:duff

Electronic dance music has fragmented into hundreds of sub-genres, but speaking in broad terms ... there are highly skilled DJs and electronic artists and there are poor or mediocre ones.

Woo boy there’s sure plenty of them! :lol

The best ones are doing something musical and complex when they turn those knobs, they aren't just 'pushing play' or messing with equalizers.

Yep! I like to perceive it’s - it’s sort of akin to playing the piano, if that makes sense 😅

And being in a huge crowd losing their damn minds to some incredible percussive beat and dancing their asses off is an experience that does *not* require chemical enhancement to be enjoyed.

Awww mannnnnn, man! EDM festivals are intense! 😁😁 SO MUCH collective energy one can go on for hours and hours!

I also love classical, opera, traditional rock & roll etc. etc. etc. the list goes on ... most music has something to offer ... although I also have genres I actively dislike or don't resonate with, so I totally get it if those two guys in the stadium don't resonate with you.

Agreed!! 👍

The trooper could come with an alternate David Byrne oversize white suit to go with his mixing consoles and overhead stage lights. Might drive more interest and sales. :dunno

4725.jpg
An underappreciated gem of an observation. Same as it ever was around here. A post like yours comes around once in a lifetime lol...

Last edited:
Back