Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want this set more than the dewback.

Hopefully both get preorders announced soon.
I want both and have wanted this for years. This and Han are my most wanted. I know it’s not happening. It’s like an old girlfriend coming back and getting your hopes up, even though you know it’s not going to work out. It’s a tease and I can’t see hot toys producing it. Toys can break your heart and wallet.
Thanks Howard

Separate Death Star Troopers using different heads and different hats/helmets with one section of console and lighting each so you’ll have to army build and console build at the same time. Eight troopers in all. Collect them all!

The console is giving me a bit of a Daft Punk in Tron vibe.

Attachments

• IMG_4303.jpeg
    IMG_4303.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4302.jpeg
    IMG_4302.jpeg
    22.9 KB · Views: 0
I actually don't see this display as being THAT big. This would easily fit in a box the size of Palpatine Deluxe. So I actually am personally feeling really good about this one going into production. This doesn't have the same feeling as things like the Safe House, Jedi Starfighter, Falcon, or that monstrous N1 that people are still telling me is coming. The console pieces aren't massive and the lights are small and just a couple of pieces. Heck, if we didn't have DX07 already and they showed the weather vane at a con, people would be saying "NO WAY that weather vane is coming out". It just doesn't seem all that intricate and absurd to me.

As for the helmet, I feel like the one that came with Leia and Wicket looks bigger. Either way, this guy's been teased for so long....I probably still won't believe he's coming until I get the shipping notice

definitely buying two in a heartbeat, one with console and one without, seeing Death Star trooper has a chance to finally seeing a production light makes me regret not buying a Death Star gunner though...

I still don't understand the concept of one or two guys turning knobs and a stadium full of people dancing.
At the risk of taking the bait - :LOL: - I enjoy all kinds of musical genres and performances including DJ and electronic acts. Electronic dance music has fragmented into hundreds of sub-genres, but speaking in broad terms ... there are highly skilled DJs and electronic artists and there are poor or mediocre ones.

The best ones are doing something musical and complex when they turn those knobs, they aren't just 'pushing play' or messing with equalizers.

And being in a huge crowd losing their damn minds to some incredible percussive beat and dancing their asses off is an experience that does *not* require chemical enhancement to be enjoyed.

I also love classical, opera, traditional rock & roll etc. etc. etc. the list goes on ... most music has something to offer ... although I also have genres I actively dislike or don't resonate with, so I totally get it if those two guys in the stadium don't resonate with you.

And being in a huge crowd losing their damn minds to some incredible percussive beat and dancing their asses off is an experience that does *not* require chemical enhancement to be enjoyed.

Writhing up and down on a bunch of girls with very little on in the heat of Ibiza seems like a dream come true. I think I could do that for hours.

Writhing up and down on a bunch of girls with very little on in the heat of Ibiza seems like a dream come true. I think I could do that for hours.

I'll stick with the mosh pit.
Sure, who doesn't enjoy grinding up against unsuspecting women on MDMA in a sweaty crowd- but it just doesn't compete with the thrill of roundhousing a complete stranger for no reason.

People sure are wild when you put enough of us in one spot.

Last edited:
Back