Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be a ******* heartache for this not to go to PO.
There are too many new elements to this updated reveal for it not to go into production. Not sure that anyone has even noticed yet, but this 2023 figure has an all-new outfit (cut and sew is new, and no shoulder emblems this time) plus new hands. I'd argue the old outfit had much better tailoring, but this is new nonetheless.

Stranger things have happened, but it seems a little odd that HT would make such a major change to this figure and then not release it.

The only chance this may have is if they make it under the rotj 40th line. I just have no faith after wanting this for about 75 years now.
This version of the DST is seen in ROTJ, and seen manning a similar type of console (even if the detailing on it is very different to the ANH style HT has created,) though it's not the most common one.

I think we should keep bumping this to the top of the page for another 10 years and maybe then we will get our Death Star trooper.

There are too many new elements to this updated reveal for it not to go into production. Not sure that anyone has even noticed yet, but this 2023 figure has an all-new outfit (cut and sew is new, and no shoulder emblems this time) plus new hands. I'd argue the old outfit had much better tailoring, but this is new nonetheless.

Stranger things have happened, but it seems a little odd that HT would make such a major change to this figure and then not release it.
As I said it seems to be a mash up of the ANH and ROTJ versions.

20 minute mark

A couple screenshots from that video:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

From HOT TOYS Facebook page:

"There’s also Sandtrooper & Dewback, Death Star Trooper & Detention Block Control Console from Star Wars: A New Hope being exhibited."

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

That screams Star Wars and I think would be a solid stand-alone on a Detolf shelf. I don't have anything lit up in my Detolfs currently but might make an exception for that console!

Odds that HT actually releases this thing?

That screams Star Wars and I think would be a solid stand-alone on a Detolf shelf. I don't have anything lit up in my Detolfs currently but might make an exception for that console!

Odds that HT actually releases this thing?
The odds of Hot Toys successfully releasing the Death Star Trooper and detention center console are approximately 3,720 to 1!

Back