Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally, I have a custom DS trooper!!!!:blissy
IMG_2921.jpeg

I want them to make a 'Death Squad Commander', which they'd no doubt have to rename 'Death Star Commander' along the lines of Kenner's 'Star Destroyer Commander'. Their original non-PC name was always a source of grim fascination.

Visually, I think they look more interesting in grey. It differentiates them from Praji, the TIE Pilot, Death Star Gunner, and even Vader.

I dug out an old photo of my very cheap kitbash interpretation, made from spare parts, and posted it here last month. Since I've been upgrading my photo collection with the new camera I gave him the treatment too.

IMG_0543 Death Squad Commander.JPG
IMG_0544 Death Squad Commander.JPG

(I think he might've accidentally dropped his helmet down the trash compactor chute!)

Lovely custom @Asta ! I’m looking for a way to make a strap and to get the helmet to sit better. How did you do it? Also, where did you get the head?

Thanks. :)

The sculpt is from DAM's U-2 Dragon Lady pilot:

7.jpg

It was meant to be Clint Eastwood. Because it had sideburns I thought it'd be an appropriate sculpt for 1977. He also had a determined expression appropriate for a 'Death Squad Commander'.

To get the helmet to sit right I put a square of cotton wool wadding inside to replicate the effect of a liner.

The chin strap is from the Solo Mudtrooper, which is a problem now because today I decided to put the Han sculpt back on that figure and remove his gas mask...

53129309445_a48776f049_o.jpg

I may have a solution that will free up Han's chin strap.

That solution for the strap, which came to me as I was typing the last post, was to take the chin strap and webbing out of a Dragon Models WWII US Army airborne helmet, since it has a chin cup.

I have to dunk it in hot water to soften the glue holding the webbing as it would be useful to use on the sculpt to hold the strap in place.

The trooper could come with an alternate David Byrne oversize white suit to go with his mixing consoles and overhead stage lights. Might drive more interest and sales. :dunno

4725.jpg
Who the hell is David Byrne? Is he part of the Max Reebo band with Sy Snootles?

I want them to make a 'Death Squad Commander', which they'd no doubt have to rename 'Death Star Commander' along the lines of Kenner's 'Star Destroyer Commander'. Their original non-PC name was always a source of grim fascination.

Visually, I think they look more interesting in grey. It differentiates them from Praji, the TIE Pilot, Death Star Gunner, and even Vader.

I dug out an old photo of my very cheap kitbash interpretation, made from spare parts, and posted it here last month. Since I've been upgrading my photo collection with the new camera I gave him the treatment too.

View attachment 657358View attachment 657359

(I think he might've accidentally dropped his helmet down the trash compactor chute!)
Very cool custom. I'd be happy HT to release the regular Death Star Trooper, as we've seen it first looooong time ago, and nothing.

View attachment 657358View attachment 657359

Great custom. I have no evidence for this but I always assumed that the name “Death Squad Commander” was just a shortened version of the actual name which should have been “Death Star Squad Commander” that Kenner just didn’t want to or couldn’t fit on the name bar of the card back for the figure.

Back