Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
459158-ds2.jpg

OK to hell with it I'm going to pose my DST like this........
hands up dance GIF by Ultra Music Festival

There is something just slightly silly about the fully enclosed console look with those cameras above. It does have a bit of a "DJ/sound mixer station at outdoor concert" look about it, especially because the cameras (which look like stage lights) are just on skinny "lighting stands."

On the fig, they really should have at least changed the headsculpt (instead of the seven year old one) and tweaked the helmet sculpt to make it more flared and longer. It kinda works for ESB and ROTJ but not ANH. They do seem to have redone the gloves, but they just look different, rather than better, than the pretty-meh HT Gunner gloves it had originally.

I'd likely get this set-up and play around with the display - maybe split the console up or divide out the cameras somehow to get around the Death Star DJ look.

It'll certainly be cool if it goes up for PO, but it'd be super slimy for HT to dust off such an old proto yet again and not put it up for PO.

They didn’t release the single figure years ago so I have a hard time thinking they’ll release the figure and a diorama now but stranger things have happened!

This is our fever dream figure, never to release.

Also, love that someone over at HT is aware of our interest but also sees it’s potential of shelf-warming (eg DS Gunner). Said person upgrade the set from time to time, while figure more or leas remaining untouched. In the early days (2016/17?), he only had a few consoles. Later, he was given a whole 360 set. Now, he even has the security cameras/headlights!

What’s next? Is HT preparing us for a whole Death Star prison diorama with retooled stormtroopers, an upgraded Luke and Han in disguise, Leis and Chewbacca!?

Oh no, I’m waking up!

Back