Hot Toys Darth Vader : tips , tricks and any other mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. Put a low starting bid then buffered it at the last minute. Surprised no one went for these
d50812f987c9830fcfc94cf3c421c1cd.jpg

No ones cares about ANH Vader anymore -- ESB Vader is coming.

I like ANH Vader best. The weathering, and the way the helmet looks, and the inner robe over the chest armor just looks so much cooler and much more like he’s a part of the world.

Don’t get me wrong though, I love the shiny pristine Vader too, and I will definitely get the ESB Vader. I just hate that there is such an obvious seam running right through the rods on the sides of the mask. I don’t even need the removable mask, I’d rather they save that for the RotJ Vader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried using the HT Vader dome and a different mask? I wonder if a slightly wider mask would make it look more accurate.

Has anyone tried using the HT Vader dome and a different mask? I wonder if a slightly wider mask would make it look more accurate.

The HT Vader helmets in general are about 10% oversized so it's hard to match them with the Kaiyodo mask, which is the most correct facemask sculpt so far. We'll see what the HT ESB brings.

Out of curiosity, what's with the two tone Vader helmet in the films? Was it a production error or design choice? Seems like a weird decision.

The HT Vader helmets in general are about 10% oversized so it's hard to match them with the Kaiyodo mask, which is the most correct facemask sculpt so far. We'll see what the HT ESB brings.

Yeah, I have the Hurricane version of the kaiyodo. It is too small for most the domes. If only someone could increase the size of it. Or decrease the size of the HT dome. Anyway, I have hopes for ESB as well. I really hope the don't just use the same dome and mask.

I wired my Vader with an led light using a 5v USB and white led and the 2 belt boxes.

Parts needed:

USB cord
resister
led
wire
heat shrink or electrical tape

37033753_10156657329309040_4882604364956434432_n.jpg

In one of the Vader threads someone had, I think, painted their lightsaber so that it was more accurately colored without using the light up feature and stood out almost as if it were lit. I’m thinking of doing this with my ROtJ Luke, but wanted to see what paint, process, etc, but of course now I can’t find the post. Anybody know what I’m referring to?

In one of the Vader threads someone had, I think, painted their lightsaber so that it was more accurately colored without using the light up feature and stood out almost as if it were lit. I’m thinking of doing this with my ROtJ Luke, but wanted to see what paint, process, etc, but of course now I can’t find the post. Anybody know what I’m referring to?

I think I know... It was a youtuber who painted his Jedi Luke saber...

https://youtu.be/FOnRDfWfcVU

Yes, it was Dean's Vader I was thinking about! Now I remember I saw it in his review of Jedi Luke. Thanks!

Back