1/6 Hot Toys Custom Hall of Armor Projects / Display Base Mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys “Straight/ No Radius” Hall of Armor Project

Yea, he posted some pics, someone was excited to see the rest of the project complete, you came in and made a snarky post, **** blew up, 3 of you started slapping each other. Unless something got deleted before I read all of it.

Well I'd like to see your project when it is done, Boba

I'm eagerly waiting to see what you do with your 13 Hall of Armor set.

It still baffles me why we don't have a dedicated "Marvel Custom" Section like they have in the DC threads. I remember I suggested it once, and someone (a MOD I believe) said that not enough people make Marvel Customs.

Uhhh, you guys on crack? Between this, the numerous amounts of Tony Starks, Wolverines, Captain America, Deadpool, Peter Park, etc bashes I've seen on this thread it certainly warrants it's own section.

Sorry to derail your thread Boba, I just figures we can have this in an area where it wouldn't be lost in the general Marvel AF section

Well I'd like to see your project when it is done, Boba

I'm currently busy packing kits for a huge project I ran on another forum so I have not had time to work on this since I did the initial breakdown.

I'm eagerly waiting to see what you do with your 13 Hall of Armor set.

It still baffles me why we don't have a dedicated "Marvel Custom" Section like they have in the DC threads. I remember I suggested it once, and someone (a MOD I believe) said that not enough people make Marvel Customs.

Uhhh, you guys on crack? Between this, the numerous amounts of Tony Starks, Wolverines, Captain America, Deadpool, Peter Park, etc bashes I've seen on this thread it certainly warrants it's own section.

Sorry to derail your thread Boba, I just figures we can have this in an area where it wouldn't be lost in the general Marvel AF section

No worries, I doubt this comment will derail anything.

I'm looking for left over walls.... No one is selling them on ebay...

What type of project do you have for left over walls?

I listed a bunch of mine on ebay for $20 each but no one bought them.

I was able to work on this today. So far I was able to get everything cut. Now I need to deburr all of the parts and verify that the lights still work.

Once that is done I can start hooking them together to make the 4 bay left and right units.

I sold some parts to help offset the cost of this project.

So far I sold 8 walls, a set of holograms, all 14 acrylic hologram panels and the extra bay from the 7 pack for a total of $340. I still have 8 walls and 6 sets of holograms left so this could end up not costing much to finish

Here is a brief explanation of how I cut the parts:

I made a quick jig to hold the base and top while I make the initial cut on one side with my miter saw and a special blade. Even with a special blade and a good saw This is a very violent process and if something is going to break it will happen here:

Then I cut the other side on my table saw because it is less violent and leaves a clean cut line:

I also use my table saw to cut the backs. The first cut is a smidge over 8 3/8” and the second cut is 7 3/4”

Here are all six bays cut and ready for final assembly:

I’ll post some assembly pictures when I start putting them together.

Re: Hot Toys Custom Hall of Armor Projects

Excellent work!
I am glad to see this going on.
Custom HOA projects are really cool and it's rare to see them going on(Even as a mod to the HT HOA set).
Keep up the good work.
I hope to be able to post my own custom project here when i have the parts and a more detailed plan of what i am going to do.

This is how I hard wire my walls.

Since I am doing irreversible mods to my HOA I can be a little more destructive with my walls so that I can use a single dowel rod instead of 2, which seems to be easier

I remove the battery partitions inside the compartment.

Then I remove the small raised are on the battery compartment cover and drill a hole in the center of the cover

I build the dowel rod adapter and twist the wires together in the middle of the rod.

Then I install it, replace the cover and test the wall before I attach it to my HOS bay with screws

Here is a picture that shows a modified and unmodified wall unit with my dowel rod battery adapter:

I finished the right 4 bay unit.

I set it beside the center unit and was relieved to see that it would align without the use of any mechanical fasteners.

Now I just need to finish up the left unit and this project will be complete.

BTW: This unit weighs 13.5 pounds so if you average that for 13 bays the total weight of this display will be close to 44 pounds with out and figures in it.

looks sweet! Just wondering, is there a difference in the above head LED for some of the units? Or is that just the picture causing it?

looks sweet! Just wondering, is there a difference in the above head LED for some of the units? Or is that just the picture causing it?

It's just the picture, in person they all look very evenly illuminated.

That is one of the reason I hard wired the set and run it on converters. Batteries fade at different levels so you get inconsistent lighting and changing out batteries would suck.

I also have the converters plugged into a remote controlled outlet so I can turn the display on and off with my smart phone so no need to push 40 buttons to turn it on and off

It's just the picture, in person they all look very evenly illuminated.

That is one of the reason I hard wired the set and run it on converters. Batteries fade at different levels so you get inconsistent lighting and changing out batteries would suck.

I also have the converters plugged into a remote controlled outlet so I can turn the display on and off with my smart phone so no need to push 40 buttons to turn it on and off

cool, what are you using to do that?

oh that phone trick is cool, I assume you turn them off when watching a movie :wink1: I cant stand a single light when watching stuff

Back