Hot Toys Colossus???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not surprised you can't see it. Most people can't read faces.

It's not a perfect match. Didn't say it was. They flattend his nose and widened his face a bit. Squared it in a few locations. But it's his face they used as the basis. Pretty clear. I couldn't find a perfect matching shot of both versions but here's a quick overlay. You can see his face in the CG face pretty clear.

image.jpeg

^ you could pull that same overlay bs with tons of faces... this is basically saying that princess Leia was used for the likeness of Snoke... because they both have meth mouth and similar eye spacing...

and at the end of the day there is absolutely no likeness between the two that would cause an issue for likeness rights so its irrelevant

not even close

Not even remotely close. Totally different bone structure with not a single square centimeter in common. Even the cartilage parts like the nose are totally different. The poor overlay only stresses that they're completely dissimilar - nothing lines up at all. The poster only hopes that the resulting image is so obscured you can't see anything at all in it. It's a smoke screen, but even when one closes their eyes, BS still smells like BS.

:hi5:

This is one of my all time wants in figure form. Been trying to make a decent custom for years for my X-Men display. Managed to get something that works but no where near what I want or what Hot Toys could do. Any movie version of Colossus would do.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455115906.031741.jpg

I'd kill for a Hot Toys Colossus from the Deadpool movie. They finally got his look right in this one.

:exactly::goodpost: This! :lecture They got everything about the gentle giant right in this movie :lecture Hot toys will make him after seeing the massive success of deadpool, just wait it will happen and the motion capture guy looks nothing at all like colossus.

FINALLY saw Mr. Pool's finest work yet, and it did not disappoint. As a lifetime X-Fan, it was good to see X-Men in a less stuffy manner. It would be even better to see Miller's version of Colossus in 1:6 scale. Hopefully Hot Toys makes it happen!

Colossus doesn't resemble the stunt actor at all. They did however use the facial capture actor as reference, the dude's mouth and maybe chin resemble Colossus's. Besides that the character is a total cg creation.
Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 11.01.46 PM.jpg

No, he doesn't look like the stun actor. But they did use the facial actor as reference. They altered some of his face to make him more in shape and more comic accurate. But it was his face used for base. In the same way they used Brolin for Thanos. (Not exactly the same but same basic idea)

Fingers crossed for a HT Colossus but I'd also like a Negasonic to display them as a threesome. X Gonna give it...

This clears up the issue of how Colossus was made and why there's no likeness rights to attain. He's a CGI character formed from several actors and thus no one actor can claim likeness

It doesn't clear anything up. Lol the premise with this whole conversation was that the character would be easy Becuase he's a CG character. And somehow not having an actor makes it easier. But that would assume that Thor or black widow are somehow harder. And that's not hot it works. Licensing is insanely complicated. Just because multiple people are used to portray a character does not mean the likeness is less complicated. It means it's more. The only way to know for sure exactly how fox did the rights this time is to see the actors deals. If they compensated up front like marvel and DC and almost everyone else does...and fox usually does except they didn't for the xmen films because it cost them more then they got in return due to the split between them and marvel...if fox did it normal then it doesn't matter. RDJ and the three Chris's and Samuel L Jackson ect don't get to approve the sculpts the brand managers at Marvel (or DC for them ect) do. Only a couple actors have that right. So the sculpt can get kicked back but not usually by the actors. Again, the exception has been the fox xmen films because they didn't write likeness comp into the actor contracts.

And if the cgi character doesn't look like the actor is immaterial to if there's likeness deals. It's a union (actors) so if an actor is hired to portray a character on screen he has rights attached. Usually it's written into their contract but not always. Films like say bridges of Madison county or others that don't do much merchandising don't usually bother.

But as I said it doesn't really matter most of the time. Only one actor I know of that actually signs likeness deals ever does approvals or sign offs in advance and that's sigorny weaver. Most either won't if they have the power (Jennifer Lawrence and Fassbender) or sign over total approval. The issues hot toys has are with the studios. They get approval and QC on every figure. Every package. Every photo. And the hold up for figures is almost never an actor. Batman Returns wasn't an actor issue. The 66 car not an actor issue. yEllow Jacket not actor. Drax not actor. The only one that they got license for that was delayed due to actor issues is Ripley.

As I said....complicated. Lol

^dude... Licensing is a process... Yes. Likeness rights are a part of the process... And likeness rights can be a pain in the ass with an un cooperative actor. All anyone is saying is that colosus doesnt require that part of the process, so yes, it is in fact easier to license colosus as you have no requirement to involve the "likeness" aspect of the process. Is that really so hard to understand? Also thay video proves how full of it you were in arguing who colosus was based off in regards to "likeness". Really just shows you dont know anymore than anyone else on here

^dude... Licensing is a process... Yes. Likeness rights are a part of the process... And likeness rights can be a pain in the ass with an un cooperative actor. All anyone is saying is that colosus doesnt require that part of the process, so yes, it is in fact easier to license colosus as you have no requirement to involve the "likeness" aspect of the process. Is that really so hard to understand? Also thay video proves how full of it you were in arguing who colosus was based off in regards to "likeness". Really just shows you dont know anymore than anyone else on here

:exactly:

The only thing required for Colossus is licensing, which they have. So I can't see any issues preventing them from doing it if they wished to

It could be that they only got the license to make the main character only but they could negotiate for more and there'd be no likeness to acquire so it's easier than others like Negasonic for example as they'd have to negotiate with Hildebrand but with Colossus that's not a factor.

I've moved on from Deadpool now. I hope HT has some Doctor Strange figures at SDCC. I can't believe we're getting a HT figure of Benedict Cumberbatch.

**** Big Chief Studios and their overpriced Barbie dolls.

The reason Deadpool doesn't have an unmasked head is because Fox doesn't include the actor's likenesses in their X-men licenses. They have to get the individual actor's likenesses separately and have only felt Wolverine was worth their trouble. With Deadpool wearing a full face mask, that eliminates that problem. With Colossus being CGI, that too would eliminate that issue as well. So if the film continues to be popular and the Deadpool figure sells well, I think we'd have a decent shot at Colossus getting made. Much to Drax fans' dismay.

And just give him some extra hands, a pair of handcuffs, and a Deadpool hand and he'd be perfect.

This clears up the issue of how Colossus was made and why there's no likeness rights to attain. He's a CGI character formed from several actors and thus no one actor can claim likeness

"But, the likeness rights!"

Wait maybe all five of them will try to sue to stop it! :lol

Back