Hot Toys Colossus???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only way I see it happening is if, by some miracle, the X-Men franchise starts to catch fire in the way that Dark Knight or Iron Man did for Hot Toys. Would probably require an insanely good movie, much better than any of the previous ones, that would somehow capture the imaginations of geek moviegoers in a way few movies do. I can't imagine it will happen at this point, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

I can probably bet that HT will make a Iron Man Mark Whatever: Colossus Armor before they ever make a X-men Colossus Figure. Though any figure from the X-men line other than Wolverine would be awesome.

Marvel legends or icons did a 12" colossus that, for a $25 toy, was not bad at all. Think that's the best you're goingto get.

Would love to see one but I think your best bet is going the custom route on this one.

End of the day they make figures that sell units, :( colossus sadly is a figure that may not hit those numbers :(

I'm not big into the Ultimate designs, but Colossus looks pretty snazzy in the black uniform.

I would definitely buy a 1/6 scale Colossus. He's one of my favorite Marvel characters. He'd have to have a custom bigger body. Plus, I don't want a movie version cuz I want Colossus to be huge (not Hulk huge but definitely bigger than Hugh Jackman's Wolverine).

I'd so buy a Colossus.

colossuslarge.jpg

This in 1/6 = :drool

Sadly nowadays HT just like to remake the same superhero characters over and over rather than tackle new ones.

Hot Toys Colossus?

Yeah.. :lol

A nice high end 1/6 Colossus would great sure, but a Singer version?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh. :lol

Yeah it would need to be Colossus with the ribbed looking skin armor.

There's NOTHING 'colossal' about Singer's approximation of the character. :huh

I don't mind the Singer version, but I've always preferred the comic look.

Unless he appears in an Iron Man movie, probably not.

When it comes to high-end figures it's movie version or no version at all.

I'll take movie version over nothing.

The only way I see it happening is if, by some miracle, the X-Men franchise starts to catch fire in the way that Dark Knight or Iron Man did for Hot Toys. Would probably require an insanely good movie, much better than any of the previous ones, that would somehow capture the imaginations of geek moviegoers in a way few movies do. I can't imagine it will happen at this point, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Seeing how HT never touched a comic version of anything, you're probably right.

I can probably bet that HT will make a Iron Man Mark Whatever: Colossus Armor before they ever make a X-men Colossus Figure. Though any figure from the X-men line other than Wolverine would be awesome.

:goodpost:

Criminally untapped potential

Marvel legends or icons did a 12" colossus that, for a $25 toy, was not bad at all. Think that's the best you're goingto get.

All Good points made my Friends, that said, the only thing I can see is if X-Men Future/Past does very well and Hot Toys may make him, that would be Cool but we shall see how well the movie is received and what part he plays.

@ Ali, I already have the Marvel Legends, Great Piece, still have him in the box

Be Cool
Al

Ok, so Deadpool has been immortalized in 1:6 glory thanks to Sideshow. However, Hot Toys scored what I think is a bigger hit with their official movie-based version. Seeing what HT has done with figures like The Hulk, Iron Monger, etc., my question is this: what are the odds HT will make Marvel's man of steel, Colossus?

It'd be cool if they do Colossus but it's hard saying for sure. I'm kind of thinking Deadpool was easy to secure as there's not a Reynolds sculpt but with Colossus they'd need the actor's likeness rights.

if Deadpool is a hit then I see them making him no problem, realistically looking at the film there doesn't seem to be many characters that would be interesting to see in 1:6 form so I would imagine that helps his chances

I'm kind of thinking Deadpool was easy to secure as there's not a Reynolds sculpt but with Colossus they'd need the actor's likeness rights.

I'm pretty sure Colossus is CGI throughout the Deadpool movie and his face is not based on the actor who did the motion capture..

I'd like to see a movie version too.
I think you'd have a better chance of walking up to God and punching him in the throat though.
I don't think a figure will happen.

Colossus Will Only Be In His Metal Form For Deadpool | CINEMABLEND

They have an actor paid as a "face actor". There are rights issues attatched. If he is cred as the actor and not voice actor then he has rights attatched.

But these actor likeness rights are not usually (outside of the xmen films) hold up figures. The studio (fox) and marvel both have to sign off. Even if there are no actor rights there is still plenty of rights issues with a figure. It's just different people involved. With an actor it's just more. That's all. Even without actors any fox film has twice as many rights issues as any standard MCU film.

Back