Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So who is keeping their Superman Returns figure(s)? for me, Reeve
is the one and only Supes, so I'm thinking about selling, even though the
2-in-1 set is pretty good in and of itself.

Keeping mine. Still a badass figure.

:lecture No Brainer.

asupes1.jpg

asr1.jpg

asr2.jpg

asr.jpg

If this happens they need to do Zod... on a slim body with sculpted neck and movie accurate disco costume meaning blackish red lining. And plus one on the tall Wesker body for CR.

I think the Hugh Jackman/wolverine body would be perfect for this. Muscled and toned like Reeve was in the movies but not Hyper.

Reeve looks bigger (and stronger) because he has a thicker neck than Routh's. Despite all the weight training, Routh still has a pencil neck look to him. I guesss it's genetics that no matter how much muscle you build, the wrists and ankles (or even the neck) will remain thin. Reeve, amazingly, has a thick neck even if he's not overly muscular, that he cuts an appropriately heroic profile especially when you view his head from the side.

One good example of this effect can be seen on the Batman cowls on Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. The BB cowl has a thicker neck, making Batman look more powerful (and panther-like) than in his TDK cowl which has a thin neck.

I don't think I will get rid of my Superman figures. They really have become two of my favorite 1/6 figures of all, and though the Reeve version will probably be the Superman centerpiece, these will nicely complement him.

I sold off my supes a while ago but always regreted it. Despite not enjoying the movie I always thought it was a kick ass figure.
Glad to see there doing Reeve. :rock

So who is keeping their Superman Returns figure(s)? for me, Reeve
is the one and only Supes, so I'm thinking about selling, even though the
2-in-1 set is pretty good in and of itself.

I'm keeping both V1 and the 2-in-1.

Thought it might be fun to see how the HT Reeve may play out against the Returns Jor-El figure -
These were shots I took some time back of the Jor-El I modified slightly to match his appearance in STM. And the Reeve is the Kris Meadows custom...IMHO, the one HT has to beat...

CW--Jor-el-Superman-01.jpg

CW--Jor-el-Superman-02.jpg

CW-Meadows-Reeve-Superman-figure-03.jpg

CW-Meadows-Reeve-Superman-figure-05.jpg

Thanks to Jim B. At CapedWonder.com for adding a touch of magic to my pictures!

nice custom just needs alittle more color to his face

Forgive me i didnt mean like juiced up freak but i want him to have a better body than the SUperman returns body..Im refering to the figures at all times. Mr. Reeve was in amazing shape, Anyone check out the Reeve Cinemaquetee coming out!

Yeah thats what I was referring to aswell - the Returns body was just too thin and ordinary. I know Reeve wasn't a body-builder but the figure should at least be more accurately built to Reeve's proportions than the 2in1 Superman was to Routh's.

I have confidence that it will be though. Hot Toys are making a lot of new base bodies specific to particular characters like Dutch, Wolverine and T-800.

Reeve looks bigger (and stronger) because he has a thicker neck than Routh's. Despite all the weight training, Routh still has a pencil neck look to him. I guesss it's genetics that no matter how much muscle you build, the wrists and ankles (or even the neck) will remain thin. Reeve, amazingly, has a thick neck even if he's not overly muscular, that he cuts an appropriately heroic profile especially when you view his head from the side.

One good example of this effect can be seen on the Batman cowls on Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. The BB cowl has a thicker neck, making Batman look more powerful (and panther-like) than in his TDK cowl which has a thin neck.

I think that's exacly why I always had a problem with Routh. He played the character well, had a great face, but a thin neck. Somehow, Supes has to look like as though is as strong as a bull, and the thick neck conveys this strength. That's also why I think that Tom Welling would look good.

that said, I liked returns though it was too much on the melancholy side, and I'll be keeping my V1 and V2!!!

I have no ambition to pose mine in the flying pose, just hands on hips with neutral/stern look hopefully and American flag! This is why i would opt for a sculpted neck, i think a neck joint would just look ugly and distracting with the suit/cape being so low on the neckline.

I think that's exacly why I always had a problem with Routh. He played the character well, had a great face, but a thin neck. Somehow, Supes has to look like as though is as strong as a bull, and the thick neck conveys this strength. That's also why I think that Tom Welling would look good.
I don't feel this way personally. As a kid, Reeve was Superman to me (not the comics version), so he will always define what I figure Superman should be. But having said that, in the comics, he was usually a 'roided freak like Ah-nold, and if that is the "definitive" Superman, then even Reeve fails to really reflect what Superman is "supposed" to be, IMO. I didn't mind Routh's size, but only because Reeve came first and made it OK for Superman to be an almost regular-sized guy. But personally, I don't think Superman needs anything beyond a slightly-above average muscular build to be "Superman." The neck isn't a huge deal to me.

For the Hot Toys Reeve, if it is coming, however, I would bank on the rubber, sculpted neck. They've been doing that with almost all characters who reveal any part of their chest recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back