Hot Toys Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't possibly be more excited, but I'm really hoping they surprise us with an unmasked version. Displaying my IM and Thor without helmets... Would love to display Cap the same way.

I think the way the helmet is constructed, probably has multiple parts but is glued together.

Also hope they add unmasked sculpt

I'm really surprised there's no alternate portrait with an unmasked head. He's unmasked on the movie poster, on Entertainment Weekly's first look cover and on Empire's cover.

Maybe they had likeness issues with Evans and his people? Or maybe they are giving us another figure based on this look/outfit that will have the unmasked head?
captainamericachrisevan.jpg

There will be another USO costume with Chris Evan head sculpt for sure.

savee.jpg

Hot Toys – MMS156 - Captain America: The First Avenger: 1/6th scale Captain America Limited Edition Collectible Figurine Specification
~ MMS Series ~

Hot Toys is proud to present the collectible figure of the great superhero from the Marvel Studios - the 1/6th scale Captain America Limited Edition Collectible Figurine from the upcoming summer blockbuster Captain America: The First Avenger movie. The movie-accurate collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Chris Evans as Captain America in his hero costume in the movie, highlighting the newly developed head sculpt, highly detailed costume and weapons.

The 1/6th scale Captain America Limited Edition Collectible Figurine specially features:

- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Chris Evans as Captain America in his hero costume in the Captain America: The First Avenger movie

- Approximately 30 cm tall

- Helmeted head

- Muscular body with over 30 points of articulations

- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles and skin texture

- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable gloved palms including:

- One (1) pair of palms for holding shield

- One (1) pair of palms for wielding shield

- One (1) right palm for holding gun

- One (1) pair of relaxed palms

- One (1) pair of fists

- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:

- One (1) blue and grayish-white jacket with embossed pattern as well as stars in chest and arms

- One (1) pair of grey and red suspenders

- One (1) pair of blue pants

- One (1) brown leather-like belt with pouches and pistol sheath

- One (1) pair of brown boots

Weapons:

- One (1) metal-like electroplated shield

- One (1) machine gun

- One (1) pistol

Accessory:

- Figure stand with Captain America nameplate and the movie logo

Artists:

- Head Sculpted by EOM JEA SUNG

- Head Painted by JC.HONG

- Head Art Directed by KOJUN

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different

Release date: Q3, 2011

Captain America: The First Avenger, the Movie: © 2011 MVL Film Finance LLC.

Marvel, Captain America, all related character names and their distinctive likenesses: TM & © 2011 Marvel Entertainment, LLC and its subsidiaries. www.marvel.com. All rights reserved.

© 2011 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

HotToys-CaptainAmerica_TheFirstAvenger_CaptainAmerica_PR15.jpg

HotToys-CaptainAmerica_TheFirstAvenger_CaptainAmerica_PR12.jpg

I'm really surprised there's no alternate portrait with an unmasked head. He's unmasked on the movie poster, on Entertainment Weekly's first look cover and on Empire's cover.

Maybe they had likeness issues with Evans and his people? Or maybe they are giving us another figure based on this look/outfit that will have the unmasked head?

I just wanted that WWII bucket. As much as I love the actual suit, I always thought that something was just always missing from his headpiece and I thought the WWII bucket looked perfect on with this costume, but I guess that was just made for the smaller action figures, unless he has it on for a split second in the movie somewhere

That figure really is amazing. The detail in it and the way the shield looks is really just awesome looking. I cannot wait to add Cap to the collection.

Yes it does say Hero Costume jed. I LIKE IT!!! That figure is super badass! And I'm glad they stuck in a Tommy gun to mow down Nazis.

Yep, it says Hero Costume. Kind of a dorky name, but it works.

Knowing how HTs likes to milk the marvel lines, this will most likely be made. Love the look and would make an awesome display with the main suit.

Knowing how HTs likes to milk the marvel lines, this will most likely be made. Love the look and would make an awesome display with the main suit.

Agree completely. Especially since the stand for MMS156 reads "hero costume" I think we're going to get a second figure with the face reveal and battle damaged / ripped clothing

Hero is an odd tag either way despite justification. HT usually labels the Battle Damaged or variants not the main releases except for Batman is recent memory.

Watch SSC pull out the unmasked as the Ex :lol

Personally I like the term "suit" better, hero suit would sound better in my opinion.

"costume" reminds me of Halloween trick r' treatin' or Halloween dress up party hahaha

This figure is super awesome though. I'm gonna do a diorama for it too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back