Hot Toys Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this put me in a good mood before I go to sleep. I probably will be up later in the night to look at him again and salivate so more, man I'm a loser.

stupid noobish question I know but where do you guys think is the best place to preorder? I've never actually preordered a figure, I always end up paying like double for when it comes out early because I'm a very impatient boy.

Most of the time I use Alter Ego. They have great customer service and their prices are usually some of the lowest. Bigbadtoystore is also good becaues there's no penalty for canceling orders( not that would be the case on this figure). I use them on figures I'm not sure about at first and want to wait til the final release to make a decision on keeping it or to cancel.

CRAP just saw it's Q3 2011, COME ON HOT TOYS give me a break! I am going to be soooo poor this year :( but in a good way :D

In movie parlance "Hero" means the main one of anything. A "hero" model would be the one with all the details for up close shooting. A "hero" weapon would be one that fires, lights up, etc. In this case it means the main costume he wears in the movie as opposed to a modern costume (if he wears that) or the USO costume.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the term. But it still seems like an odd choice to use to describe this outfit. I mean its not like we are getting a stunt version later on or something along those lines. And I would think those unfamiliar with the term would be saying "duh, he's the good guy."

But you know its a good figure when we can only complain about the subtitle on the nameplate of the base :lol

Most of the time I use Alter Ego. They have great customer service and their prices are usually some of the lowest. Bigbadtoystore is also good becaues there's no penalty for canceling orders( not that would be the case on this figure). I use them on figures I'm not sure about at first and want to wait til the final release to make a decision on keeping it or to cancel.

Think I might actually use BBTS, I've dealt with them more than razoredge and the whole no penalty for canceling thing is pretty sweet, not that I would cancel this guy.

aw man, no evans sculpt makes me sad. :(

figure still looks great though.

Brilliant!!!!!
This movie could literally call my deceased mother names to my face and I would still purchase this figure.

amazing.gif

Greatest GIF.... well, today.

I'm really hoping HT adds a mask-less portrait before this one releases... :pray:

Looking at the head closer it looks like the helmet might be removable. Am i right or is it wishful thinking?

Looking at the head closer it looks like the helmet might be removable. Am i right or is it wishful thinking?

Wishful thinking... if it was removable HT would've advertised it as such and shown the head sculpt without the helmet. :(

ehem its oficial Capt America is mms156. LOL

So it goes like this on the Marvel main characters:

MMS103 Wolverine
MMS113 Blade
MMS123 Iron Man Mark IV
MMS133 Ghost Rider
MMS143 Spider-Man
MMS146 Thor
MMS156 Captain America

They changed from 3's to 6's

I wonder if Hulk or Hawkeye will be MMS166

Last edited: