Hot Toys: Cad Bane - Book of Boba Fett 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope HT will make TCW version too.

Only if they use some kind of durable synthetic material instead of pleather for his outfit.

They could make a TCW. The more difficult work is already done. And it’d sell.

But making the deluxe set with Todo leads me to feel like they’re saying this is as close to TCW as we’re getting.

O
That looks brilliant.
I didn’t even realise why yours just looked more cool initially. Thought it was simply great posing and photography but those chaps really do add something.

The Clone Wars look is certainly superior; it’s such a shame Sideshow suck so hard that they cancelled their great looking version after giving us 4 lazy Jedi.

I also wish they interpreted his signature waistcoat with tails for live action instead of going with a standard duster.
The former just perfectly encapsulates a quick-draw gunslinger who’s primed to drop his bounty at a second’s notice.

But I guess you can’t do that dramatic gesture of brushing the coat aside to reveal and make ready your pistol/blaster for the draw, thus creating tension before a standoff with his TCW coat so the BOBF duster at least served a cinematic purpose of sorts.

Last edited:
O

That looks brilliant.
I didn’t even realise why yours just looked more cool initially. Thought it was simply great posing and photography but those chaps really do add something.

The Clone Wars look is certainly superior; it’s such a shame Sideshow suck so hard that they cancelled their great looking version after giving us 4 lazy Jedi.

I also wish they interpreted his signature waistcoat with tails for live action instead of going with a standard duster.
The former just perfectly encapsulates a quick-draw gunslinger who’s primed to drop his bounty at a second’s notice.

But I guess you can’t do that dramatic gesture of brushing the coat aside to reveal and make ready your pistol/blaster for the draw, thus creating tension before a standoff with his TCW coat so the BOBF duster at least served a cinematic purpose of sorts.
Yup. I wish Sideshow would have led with Cad Bane. I wouldn’t have been as disappointed if they’d cancelled the line after that.

Yup. I wish Sideshow would have led with Cad Bane. I wouldn’t have been as disappointed if they’d cancelled the line after that.
Totally. You can fudge the animated alien characters to fit in with the live action stuff but, now, the figures they did release will only ever remind me of how SSC wasted the potential to milk a gigantic cash cow for years.

Totally. You can fudge the animated alien characters to fit in with the live action stuff but, now, the figures they did release will only ever remind me of how SSC wasted the potential to milk a gigantic cash cow for years.
IMG_0744.jpeg

Ooo, he’s back on the coming soon page with all the other figures that have a 50/50 shot of seeing release.
That still counts as hope.

Maybe Sideshow saw the disappointment online and have decided to give this line some respect.
Can't wait to see the next wave of disappointment over the final product :lol

Can't wait to see the next wave of disappointment over the final product :lol
I’m almost guaranteed to not learn my lesson and PO this immediately, then regret it immensely when SSC release yet another quarter-assed (half the effort of half-assed) stinker that I paid full price for when I could have waiting two weeks till after release and picked one up for 50% off.

I understand the underlying pessimism here due to some recent Prototype to Production disappointments, but I do have hope.

I always thought that Sideshow did their best work on aliens/creatures rather than human portraits/proportion. I still have my Greedo, Hammerhead (sorry guys old school), Sandperson and creature pack and think they still hold up well. Also they have already produced a Cad Bane headsculpt in a historical offering and I thought it was good for the time.

So, that is why I have some hope for this figure and will pre-order day one, if this goes up.

I’m almost guaranteed to not learn my lesson and PO this immediately, then regret it immensely when SSC release yet another quarter-assed (half the effort of half-assed) stinker that I paid full price for when I could have waiting two weeks till after release and picked one up for 50% off.
I love how you did the math for us! LOL. I am hopeful they do a better job with this, but don't think that they'll resurrect the line past Bane, unfortunately...

I understand the underlying pessimism here due to some recent Prototype to Production disappointments, but I do have hope.

I always thought that Sideshow did their best work on aliens/creatures rather than human portraits/proportion. I still have my Greedo, Hammerhead (sorry guys old school), Sandperson and creature pack and think they still hold up well. Also they have already produced a Cad Bane headsculpt in a historical offering and I thought it was good for the time.

So, that is why I have some hope for this figure and will pre-order day one, if this goes up.

That was old Sideshow when they tried.

I agree they did make some great figures, especially aliens which I still have.

But new Sideshow doesn’t care about little things like quality control and build quality when it comes to their own figures. Plus these are heavily stylized and not the same effort they used to put into their past sculpts.

I highly recommend waiting for in hand reviews. You can probably get it at a discount even. Don’t give them money now just because they used to do something well a decade ago.

I finally got a conversation at SS but I don't get paid until Friday and they won't let me get it as payment plan. Smh

Back