Hot Toys: Cad Bane - Book of Boba Fett 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly man! The smaller hat is completely screen accurate for both clone wars and live action.

I think people just dont remember some of the small details sometimes. But hey heres the proof, I mocked up a side by side just for reference.
Hopefully this helps other people ;)

But yes, exactly this!

I'm a Star Wars fan (who doesn't collect Star Wars) but if I did...I would buy this. Came out great. The entirety of the Mandalorian and BoBF class of figures has been really good by HT. I've been tempted!

Exactly man! The smaller hat is completely screen accurate for both clone wars and live action.

I think people just dont remember some of the small details sometimes. But hey heres the proof, I mocked up a side by side just for reference.

Yeah, I’ve never seen so many people want an accessory that wasn’t screen accurate as much as Cad Bane’s hat.

And it isn’t just for this Hot Toys one, I’ve seen it over and over when people discuss the smaller Hasbro versions too. Odd.

Yeah, I’ve never seen so many people want an accessory that wasn’t screen accurate as much as Cad Bane’s hat.

And it isn’t just for this Hot Toys one, I’ve seen it over and over when people discuss the smaller Hasbro versions too. Odd.
Kinda the same thing when people were complaining that Fox didnt come with his Phase 2 helmet. Or how Rex didn't come with his animated head.

Kinda the same thing when people were complaining that Fox didnt come with his Phase 2 helmet. Or how Rex didn't come with his animated head.

Those are more valid than wishing for a custom hat he didn’t wear with this particular costume. So kinda, but not really.

Those are more valid than wishing for a custom hat he didn’t wear with this particular costume. So kinda, but not really.
Could you elaborate on how thats more valid?

Fox's phase 2 design is night and day different from his phase 1 design. What difference is that to including the large hat with Bane?

Theres also a significant difference between animated clone armor and realistic clone armor that throwing in an animated head wouldn't work. Its no different than including the larger hat.

1689174677405.png

Here's Fox phase 1 and phase 2. How would the inclusion of his P2 bucket make sense that including the larger hat wouldnt make sense?

I forgot they changed his color but that’s just more proof for companies to not always listen to “fans” because that’s just dumb.
It's slightly more than just color but yeah lol. People were also complaining on the reds not matching the p2 CG but they clearly didnt realize that the p1 CG were a darker red.

Glad to see I'm not the only one letting out a little wee for ehats arguably the Clint Eastwood of star wars!

He came out right in schedule too! So darn happy I ordered the deluxe because what's Bane without faithful T0D0! I think getting him without the butler droid is like getting a horse without legs 🤷‍♂️

I've been putting off buying the Sideshow clone wars figures till their Cad Bane drops but I think that will be the only figure I get from sideshows line. As cool as they look I just cant justify buying the jedi as I sold all my hot toys and old sideshow jedi figures long ago. Starting the same process with Sidrshows Clone Wars line would be far too expensive. Although having this Bane and the animated version next to him on display would be a thing of beauty!

The hat looks like it fits just fine 🤷‍♂️ that's just personal opinion though. I've made my fair share of hats for fugures too. This one doesnt look bad at all though, usually you can tell from the photos that it's not going to work. From what I can see here though it just looks like that clam shell material with flocking glued on. I hope I'm mistaken and its a more durable plastic but even with the way it looks now I'm more than content with it.

Those face plates are really where it's at for me though! They came out so screen accurate! Plus moveable eyes! I mean c'mon! What more could you want! Even the ankle joints have so much more freedom of movement than I could ever have hoped for! I think I'm biased because Bane is my all time favourite bounty hunter but hey!

Now I'll be anxiously waiting for my orders to arrive!
Lee Van Cleef of Star Wars*

Redundant use of 'literally' but thanks for pointing that out. I guess he found some benefit to the short-brimmed hat as he kept it for 25 odd years.
I say "literally" because even when the evidence is there people still chose not to accept it for some reason.

I imagine a cowboy hat to a cowboy is probably something they hold dear to them. The first time he lost his hat you could tell he was distraught about it.

Some people’s OCD might be relieved about the hat history, but the big one looks cool. That’s why I’d want it. People (and blue bounty hunters) can own more than one hat. It would’ve made a nice bonus accessory for the deluxe set.

…can’t believe I got sucked into Hatgate.
Also, as Star Wars fans we can never be happy about anything, so this figure is perfect! 😜

Some people’s OCD might be relieved about the hat history, but the big one looks cool. That’s why I’d want it. People (and blue bounty hunters) can own more than one hat. It would’ve made a nice bonus accessory for the deluxe set.

…can’t believe I got sucked into Hatgate.
Also, as Star Wars fans we can never be happy about anything, so this figure is perfect! 😜
Gotta save the big hat look for the next iteration when he comes back in Filoni's SW movie.

So Hat-Gate discussion aside, anybody get charging soon emails for this guy? Koska was about 5 days between blogger pics to charge date for me and I know some folks got said notification even before then. So anybody get one for CB yet?

So Hat-Gate discussion aside, anybody get charging soon emails for this guy? Koska was about 5 days between blogger pics to charge date for me and I know some folks got said notification even before then. So anybody get one for CB yet?
My last FLEX pay (which I made early) was rescheduled by SSC to August 10. So I don't anticipate him shipping from them before that.

Back