Hot Toys: Cad Bane - Book of Boba Fett 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And that was ALWAYS the exact point! For both Favreau/Filoni in BOBF and Filoni for CW. Bane was always dreamed up as an alien channeling Lee Van Cleef...

I remember Filoni creating him to be the Van Cleef to Boba being Blondie.

And then creating Din to take on that role instead until he just became a dad:lol

24b78a8860ad97cf36f49d14204ec2e4.jpg

7uuwbh.gif

LOL this comes back up every few months - 1/6 - NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?
Even Corey Burton is invoking Van Cleef's voice.
Not sure why so many think he's invoking Eastwood's character, when he's so obviously the Bad analogue.

And that was ALWAYS the exact point! For both Favreau/Filoni ...
I remember Filoni creating him to be the Van Cleef

That was apparently more Lucas than Filloni

The character underwent significant style evolution, before Lucas gave the specific direction of referencing Lee Van Cleef as Angel Eyes in The Good, The Bad and the Ugly and For a Few Dollars More.
George Lucas instead suggested the creation of an entirely new bounty hunter with a Western design. The result was inspired by Western film actors such as Lee Van Cleef's portrayals of Angel Eyes in The Good, The Bad, and the Uglyand Colonel Mortimer in For a Few Dollars More,[2][3]
While Filoni researched the character, he happened across unused concept art from the original trilogy of a gun-toting bounty hunter with a wide-brimmed hat that helped determine the character’s final look.[2] Filoni speculated on George Lucas' original idea for the character that became Cad Bane: "Something you notice about George Lucas after a while is that he'll mention a name like 'Mace Windu' in a [1973] version of Star Wars, and then it pops up in 1999. So, this, I guess might have been an idea George had for the character Cad Bane way back when, and now finally he's getting around to bringing him to the screen in The Clone Wars.
da03e54d7dff68752494e8dfe348b54d.gif

Last edited:
some people are touchy.

I totally get it’s screen accurate. Yes, he had a smaller hat in TBB. No, a bigger hat does not make this TCW accurate, because his clothing is wrong. However, being that I will never touch SS TCW line - a slightly bigger hat makes this MY TCW Bane.

IMG_2229.jpeg

This hat is gonna the most popular accessory on the secondary market:lol

View attachment 649591
I dunno about that, this piece is going to be the only sideshow clone wars figure I pick up. I considered the jedi but cant justify investing in the whole line with what the first 2 figures came out like. The yoda looks decent but one piece out of 3 isnt enough for me to save the entire line up. However I'll be getting the sideshow bane purely to have him back to back with the HT version

Yes, Regan's video gives a great look at this figure. Digging the insane level of detail HT poured into this. Heck, even the herringbone patterns on the coat line up, and at this scale! Impressive.

Was this close a while back to dropping this PO. Not that invested in this character, but I've changed my mind. He'll definitely jump out on display. Just went for the regular release though, not into the flying toaster thing or the little foot flames. What may look okay in animation may not be as effective in live action.

Said it before...it's just really something to see one release after another coming out looking so good. Crosshair, Koska, Fennec and now Bane! Keep up the good work, HT!

Exactly man! The smaller hat is completely screen accurate for both clone wars and live action.

I think people just dont remember some of the small details sometimes. But hey heres the proof, I mocked up a side by side just for reference.
The addition of Todo and the jets for his boots was also not screen accurate to BOBF but hot toys included that so why not an extra hat? I get he lost it before this point in the timeline but it would’ve been a nice inclusion for those that wanted a more first appearance look since that’s what they were going for by the deluxe accessories. Not a deal breaker but still a legitimate concern for those that want one. Diminishing peoples need for an accessory they want might make you feel better but it doesn’t make you right.

Back