Hot Toys: Cad Bane - Book of Boba Fett 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 584189
I felt like I had to 😂

Anyway, while I'd LOVE them to put in some sorta Clone Wars head sculpt or something, I just don't see them doing that. Then you got the TMS BOBF Cad Bane with a Clone Wars addition. Hot Toys being Hot Toys would most definitely just release one under The Clone Wars tag to make us buy two. They would also add little Todo 360 and I would throw money at them without a second thought 🤣
Well...look at that 😂 I was so wrong and a day later we see that Todo is coming with it. That makes me happy and sad at the same time since if they were going to add Todo, they could've added a clone wars face sculpt. HOWEVER, I'm freaking super excited about this!

Ordered the Dx with $60 in reward points.
So no glitches they've just rearranged the checkout screen since my last order. Where you apply coupon codes and/or rewards is now at the bottom righthand side, below the "Place Your Order" button. Odd choice but whatever. Even so, I think I'll hold off ordering for a few weeks until I see what Toy Fair Exclusive figures are coming our way. I've got enough rewards to order 2 figures from Sideshow & I don't want to pressured into ordering an exclusive at full price.

We might get a Cobb Vanth announcement since they were probably waiting to photograph the 2 of them together.

I could see HT still releasing a Bad Batch version of Cad Bane. Reuse the sculpt, maybe add some new expressions with the toothpick, new hat.

As excited as I am for Cad Bane, I don't really feel any attachment to Todo 360. It would never leave the box so for me I'm saving the $20 and getting the standard release.

rocket boots
Yep definitely can't go past Rocket boots !!!

I mean look at that ****

289268514_10158664613942344_689470030830598719_n.jpg

Maybe the price is lower than expected because he's an alien and no likeness rights? Especially with 3 swappable faces.

Although I'd have though they were using a new body given how tall and lanky he is, he's not really proportioned like a regular person.

Is it me or does it look better than its BOBF appearance? It resembles TCW more.

By the way, why didn't Vader call Cad Bane in ESB? Is there an in-canon explanation?

Cobb can use this lanky body :)
Olyphant is a slim slender man but he ain’t 6’4”. Would love it if HT has created a new skinny, tall boy body though. Maybe just removing the ankle extenders would give you perfect Cobb Vanth proportions.
Is it me or does it look better than its BOBF appearance? It resembles TCW more.

By the way, why didn't Vader call Cad Bane in ESB? Is there an in-canon explanation?
Dave Filoni hadn’t invented him yet…
Maybe Anakin/Vader just thought he was a prick and didn’t want to offer him a pay day.

He does look a bit better as a figure. Maybe the irl costume and prosthetics were a bit janky and his gauntlets looked more oversized in the show plus I recall his arms appearing to be ridiculously long. Either way, I love this guy. Space Western is what Star Wars is all about.

I might be getting him mixed up with another bounty hunter but I remember seeing somewhere that he wasn’t exactly a fan of the Empire.

For all of the experts out there, what are the differences between this and the clone wars version of bane. Is it just the hat and color of the skin, or are there major outfit differences? I’d prefer the straight clone wars cad bane. I’m sure a clone wars version will come out eventually..

Ordered deluxe as well.

Holding off on Boba for now, will probably just pick him up when he's in stock.

Back