Hot Toys C-3PO (ROTJ)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the time HT ships an ANH 3PO in about 5 years, InArt will have gotten the Star Wars license and will make an excellent ANH 3PO + R2 set.

I can wait... either way, I have to.
On the plus side, by then you'll be drawing social security, which should more than offset the InArt price penalty. :wink1:

Ill probably get this closer to the release like a lot of us. Mace and Padme on the way so I have to save some coins.

p.s. Why did we not get the almighty spinning Endor tree branch throne? I always loved that accessory as a kid.
I agree, this release (or a deluxe version) needed the Ewok throne, but that probably meant Hot Toys would have had to give us a replacement hip section so the legs could go into a sitting position.

1680968624225.png

Biggest thing I wonder about is the eyes. Are they going to look dead like the Sideshow version if the lights aren’t on? This uses batteries so you can’t keep it on long term.

Also I’m pretty sure the R2 being displayed with him is the OT version that was released a few years back.

The figure looks very limited in its articulation. If its that slight, then slimmer pistons would have been more accurate.

The hands are molded in positions. Not individual moving fingers like the SS or Tama ones.

These may not be huge issues, but it all adds up.
I really wonder how much those legs will even be able to move, with the solid crotch piece extending down like that. May end up being just as limited as the Tama figure.

Yeah while I'd argue the Sideshow eyes even looked a bit better than the Tamashii eyes when lit up, the electrics went on my Sideshow 3PO (fortunately I had a replacement head) and unlit eyes on the Sideshow really looked pretty awful - just not like 3PO at all.

Hopefully this HT 3PO is the same as the Tamashii - where it still looks pretty decent when the eyes are unlit. Given that pretty much everyone displays figures unlit 99% of the time, it really should be a requirement on something like 3PO's eyes where it should look almost as good unlit as it does lit.
Yeah, I wish they would just ditch light up eyes. That or do another faceplate where the eyes just look like they’re on but are just painted. That way people have both options.

Yeah I have a feeling that subtle weathering will be replaced in production by the black speckling they put all over Chrome Mando and everything else these days...
The weathering is not subtle. If you look at close up shots, there are lots of weathering.

Yeah but there's at least some variation and it looks like the gold has actually been worn away in places. Not so sure we'll see the same thing on the production figure.

It would be nice to get a swap out pelvis so 3PO could sit. Especially since he sat in the Ewok throne in ROTJ. Wouldn’t be that hard.
You could also use him for ANH scenes as well.

Attachments

• 3766541E-A5C3-4140-8147-5122991B6B78.jpeg
    3766541E-A5C3-4140-8147-5122991B6B78.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 84025400-0799-4356-A042-D8ADE0C0A6F3.jpeg
    84025400-0799-4356-A042-D8ADE0C0A6F3.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 0
How did they manage to make him sit in real life? Camera angle trick with half armor?

I agree, since they already have the face plate technology here, it would be good to add another one with painted light up eyes.

I’m curious to see the AOTC version. That should give a pretty good indicator as how this one will be. I actually might end up with both.

It would be nice to get a swap out pelvis so 3PO could sit. Especially since he sat in the Ewok throne in ROTJ. Wouldn’t be that hard.
You could also use him for ANH scenes as well.
THIS is a brilliant idea. I have the JazzInc falcon cargo hold and I'd love to be able to have his sit at the Dejarik table as well as sitting in the chair as he flies around the Ewok village.

Thanks. I thought about making one for my tamashii version but the hips don’t come off like the rest of the pieces do so it would be impossible without ruining the figure. For those that don’t have it, the legs arms, head, and shins separate with a series of clips. It’s pretty cool for an ESB ugnaught display but he’s way to heavy for a cargo net back pack for Chewy.
image.jpg

If the hip piece was interchangeable and had an extra one where the upper thigh portion was fixed in a 90 degree angle the legs could attach in a sitting position.
1419243B-183A-4698-AAE0-8C6889B82FCD.jpeg

Another idea I had was to make a chair with a hole in it to accommodate the upper thigh portions of the pelvis and have the legs off but propped up onto the pelvis as if he is actually sitting.
97F1DCFB-35E5-4CC7-872B-73C1AE6BF460.jpeg

DEE909A1-2DF3-4C95-98A9-9869228408D1.jpeg

In this position 3PO looks like he has a set of huge golden balls.
A2961246-7784-412C-97D9-22E368894751.jpeg

Realistically I wouldn’t have displayed 3PO in the throne. It would have just been something to add extra cost.

Had they made it my OCD self probably still would have wanted it. :lol

I think it’s really quite apt this and the Vader being simultaneously announced, even though I’m sure other announcements are to follow

Back