Hot Toys C-3PO (ROTJ)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know why they chose to pose it with the eye damage -- that's so distracting LOL.

You know I was thinking that too. Someone over there must be really proud of the damaged eye because even the lead promo pic features an up close shot of it instead of something more neutral.

I'm going to develop an OCD wince every time I see him on that stand towering above everybody else, but it'll be too tough to pass this up.
Everyone has different taste, of course -- but the only time I've perceived this to be the case is with uniform, custom stands. Almost every single HT stand I've seen looks cheap to me.

It’s nice of Hot Toys to keep sending customers to people like @Cocoboloboy to fix the results of their weird choices.

I imagine there’ll be an uptick in demand for dual R2 and Threepio stands. Well, in like 2 years anyway.

Great to see 3PO finally from HT.

NOT the Threepio I want, but it gives me hope for ANH 3PO in about 4 years.

Notes: the over-sized pistons and the hands bother me.

You know I was thinking that too. Someone over there must be really proud of the damaged eye because even the lead promo pic features an up close shot of it instead of something more neutral.

It’s nice of Hot Toys to keep sending customers to people like @Cocoboloboy to fix the results of their weird choices.

I imagine there’ll be an uptick in demand for dual R2 and Threepio stands. Well, in like 2 years anyway.
And the Display Heroes / Hot Toys partnership lives on. 😁

Great to see 3PO finally from HT.

NOT the Threepio I want, but it gives me hope for ANH 3PO in about 4 years.

Notes: the over-sized pistons and the hands bother me.
I wonder: Is the larger cylinder size a compromise in order to deliver some articulation without sacrificing durability? For that matter, does this even have any elbow articulation? Also, what's the hand issue? Forgive me, but this is (potentially) my first C3PO figure, so I'm not up to speed on the finer details. :)

The figure looks very limited in its articulation. If its that slight, then slimmer pistons would have been more accurate.

The hands are molded in positions. Not individual moving fingers like the SS or Tama ones.

These may not be huge issues, but it all adds up.

The back arm piston will hardly allow any extension. So yes, the pistons could have been slimmer.

The figure looks very limited in its articulation. If its that slight, then slimmer pistons would have been more accurate.

The hands are molded in positions. Not individual moving fingers like the SS or Tama ones.

These may not be huge issues, but it all adds up.
The back arm piston will hardly allow any extension. So yes, the pistons could have been slimmer.
Agreed - if there's no elbow articulation to speak of then those pistons should be slimmer. Maybe HT will surprise us and fix them before release.

I wasn't paying close attention & assumed the fingers were articulated like those on IM figures. So, 6 total hands instead? I don't recall C3PO doing much with his hands besides waving them overhead when he's either frightened or panicking, so that's probably sufficient. :lol

Really hoping they announce an R2-D2 to go along with this. I don't really want a C-3PO on his own but I'd love the pair of them.

Really hoping they announce an R2-D2 to go along with this. I don't really want a C-3PO on his own but I'd love the pair of them.
Doesn't really make any sense when the AOTC R2 isn't even out yet. All the R2's are basically the same. Other than the weathering and included gadgets/accessories.

Don't see what a ROTJ version would have that's any different? :dunno

Electrocuted effect with plastic lightning when trying to open the bunker?

Unless they re-release the deluxe in new 40th Anniv ROTJ packaging. But the AOTC version comes with nearly all the same stuff, plus the new boosters and line to drag 3PO's head.

Doesn't really make any sense when the AOTC R2 isn't even out yet. All the R2's are basically the same. Other than the weathering and included gadgets/accessories.

Don't see what a ROTJ version would have that's any different? :dunno

Electrocuted effect with plastic lightning when trying to open the bunker?

Unless they re-release the deluxe in new 40th Anniv ROTJ packaging. But the AOTC version comes with nearly all the same stuff, plus the new boosters and line to drag 3PO's head.

A drink tray and a matching stand would be nice, but maybe I'm just dreaming :)

It's also no longer available for preorder on Sideshow, so maybe I just need to go find somewhere else to preorder.

A drink tray and a matching stand would be nice, but maybe I'm just dreaming :)

It's also no longer available for preorder on Sideshow, so maybe I just need to go find somewhere else to preorder.
Yeah, i completey forgot about that... :lol

Considering I have the SS version and now have him with that setup after getting the HT deluxe R2. But that would be kind of pointless for HT to make without announcing a Jabba 1st.

I’m gonna need another switch out face plate and chest plate with green slime.

Attachments

• 037C4E3D-D593-4EF4-A468-542E3BDF9E78.jpeg
    037C4E3D-D593-4EF4-A468-542E3BDF9E78.jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 0
Maybe we can figure out if the elbows are articulated by counting the points of articulation. They're "over" 26.

I can't believe they're forcing us to wait for a 3rd C3PO to get the gold chrome version. (Actually I can believe it 😐 ) They're really milking this. And I know some fans want all 3-4 depictions but majority want the shiny gold chrome ANH version. Just let us have it 😫

Personally, I don't want multiple C-3PO figures aside from the Chewbacca backpack, especially when the difference is basically the luster of his finish. They should have made an all-in-one set, like the deluxe R2 figure with swap out parts. They could have given him removable armor plates and then the internal model would be the bare C-3PO from Phantom Menace. But why would they do that, its more profitable this way. Well I guess I'll order it Im tired of waiting.

Ill probably get this closer to the release like a lot of us. Mace and Padme on the way so I have to save some coins.

p.s. Why did we not get the almighty spinning Endor tree branch throne? I always loved that accessory as a kid.

By the time HT ships an ANH 3PO in about 5 years, InArt will have gotten the Star Wars license and will make an excellent ANH 3PO + R2 set.

I can wait... either way, I have to.
I don’t see a Howard letting go of his golden goose at this point. He’ll do everything in his power to keep InArt from getting Star Wars. And even if they did, look how long it took HT and SS to do R2 and 3PO.

Back