Hot Toys C-3PO (ROTJ)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe its just me, or maybe it's because in literally EVERY SINGLE promo shot they have him leaning back at the hips, but that exposed mid-section with the wires and hoses looks awfully long and exaggerated to me.

Is it me, or is the torso section with the wires exposed too long? I don't remember that much wiring exposed.

I saw this too. I still think it may be a combination of it being very tilted back and maybe a prototype issue?

Yeah the proportions do seem a little off on this, although not sure if it's the elongated torso or smaller chest piece.

He also comes off looking a bit more bronze than gold for some reason.

440587-09B2852C-4B1A-49CF-AEC2-A76ACEB4E836.jpeg

I like displaying figures together, as though they're standing together. Anything like a pedestal/podium prevents that when most other stands are closer to the level of the shelf. They're a pet hate of mine.

The old oval stands are still my favourite. Hot Toy's rectangular ones are okay because they can sit right next to each other.
This is something I've never understood about hot toys, sideshow, or medicom, why not make bases that can stand alone or link up to make a floor (if they are from the same scene) and why not have the inner boxes have the backdrop from that scene inside? The star wars line has had a few bases that work pretty well together and you can slide the name plates off(are the likenesses so far off I need to be reminded who the figure is?)but this seems like a step in the other direction.

This is something I've never understood about hot toys, sideshow, or medicom, why not make bases that can stand alone or link up to make a floor (if they are from the same scene) and why not have the inner boxes have the backdrop from that scene inside? The star wars line has had a few bases that work pretty well together and you can slide the name plates off(are the likenesses so far off I need to be reminded who the figure is?)but this seems like a step in the other direction.

Money, shortsightedness, lack of planning and foresight, laziness; take your pick.

Hot Toys has long made stands seem like a trivial concern. They don’t care if stand types don’t match between figures within the same movie sometimes, let alone the same franchise.

They should’ve given the entire Star Wars line the same type of stand with additional diorama stands where appropriate. I actually like that Sideshow takes that approach though they don’t really do environmental pieces anymore.

Threepio's the winner of yesterday's announcements for me.

I already have four Vaders; wouldn't be using the Shaw sculpt, or the electrified helmet which would never be lit and probably won't look very impressive in hand anyway. The only thing I'd want from the Vader set is the set of stairs as a diorama piece.

Threepio, on the other hand, is a major improvement over the Sideshow in the thumbs department. Just hope there isn't much die-cast in him because Jabba and his throne already weigh a ton.

At least he won't be as heavy as Tamashii's, for as good as he looks I'm very limited where I can safely display him. I'm also always afraid he's going to fall out of his waist grabber. :panic:

Sideshow's is nice and light. If I get the HT maybe I'll put the SS back into one-armed mode, that way he only has one wonky thumb. :lol

Back