1/6 Hot Toys BW Movie Taskmaster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I happily ordered this because I really liked the design and some of her fight scenes were cool… but I agree they ultimately failed the character. I’m very keen to get this in hand… it’ll look cool as on my villain shelf!

So, shouldn't the underlying body used for this figure be female? :monkey3

Love all the behind the scenes pics of the male stunt guy playing the character, then the reveal as female and the body does not match up one bit to every previous scene.... :rotfl

What a joke Marvel turned this character into. I still haven't watched Black Widow. Everything I read aggravated me enough to know to stay away. Tired of watching movies that anger me.

Love all the behind the scenes pics of the male stunt guy playing the character, then the reveal as female and the body does not match up one bit to every previous scene.... :rotfl

What a joke Marvel turned this character into. I still haven't watched Black Widow. Everything I read aggravated me enough to know to stay away. Tired of watching movies that anger me.
Same anger I had during Iron Man 3. Worse still, when the REAL "Mandarin" please stood up, I still wasn't impressed. Boo to Marvel Studios for sacrificing good villains for the sake of shocking the audience.

The movie wasn't bad it just should of been made years ago. based on the movie with all the black widows around the globe, I'm willing to bet that wasn't the only taskmaster either! Just saying

The hood on this sits pretty nicely, especially with some futzing, no reason they couldn't give Moon Knight a fabric hood.

Love all the behind the scenes pics of the male stunt guy playing the character, then the reveal as female and the body does not match up one bit to every previous scene....

[...]

Yeah I'm wondering if the body used for this figure is male or female. I reckon maybe the former (until someone such as TA breaks this down), which would be somewhat funny since this is technically a female figure :lol

Yeah I'm wondering if the body used for this figure is male or female. I reckon maybe the former (until someone such as TA breaks this down), which would be somewhat funny since this is technically a female figure :lol
From Justin's review it's pretty obvious that it's a male figure (it towers over the Endgame BW figure). It looks great so I'm fine with that. And FYI - Olga Kurylenko is 6" taller than ScarJo, so while it's a bit too tall it's not ridiculously so.

tmaster.jpg

I can’t imagine ever being able to find enjoyment in a film if one first consumes all of the spoilers and opinions of others before having ever watched it. That’s not to say I think you’d like Black Widow, I just think one would be setting themselves up for failure by going into a film with a head full of preconceived notions based on having spoiled the entire thing prior.

It has always been my experience that the less I know about a film the better.

I can’t imagine ever being able to find enjoyment in a film if one first consumes all of the spoilers and opinions of others before having ever watched it. That’s not to say I think you’d like Black Widow, I just think one would be setting themselves up for failure by going into a film with a head full of preconceived notions based on having spoiled the entire thing prior.

It has always been my experience that the less I know about a film the better.
If I'm excited to see a movie, yes I avoid details that may spoil it and I'll watch it. And then form my own opinion regardless of what others think. There's lots of movies people seem to dislike that I do find enjoyable.

But, if I read about an upcoming movie, watch a trailer and I feel it sounds/looks like crap, then I'd rather wait to hear and read about the movie rather than watching it and end up wasting my time to just be aggravated. This movie looked like crap from day one. So if anything I hope reading spoilers may change my mind about wanting to see a movie. They rarely do.

And unfortunately today (last several years), most things look like crap. Disney has destroyed Star Wars (other than Rogue One) and have now proceeded to destroy the MCU post Endgame. Today's ideals have ruined most franchises. Forcing them to conform to new standards. The list is long and continues to grow unfortunately.

Obviously a male body since we were misled for the entire movie to thing it’s a guy (as it should have been).

If I'm excited to see a movie, yes I avoid details that may spoil it and I'll watch it. And then form my own opinion regardless of what others think. There's lots of movies people seem to dislike that I do find enjoyable.

But, if I read about an upcoming movie, watch a trailer and I feel it sounds/looks like crap, then I'd rather wait to hear and read about the movie rather than watching it and end up wasting my time to just be aggravated. This movie looked like crap from day one. So if anything I hope reading spoilers may change my mind about wanting to see a movie. They rarely do.

And unfortunately today (last several years), most things look like crap. Disney has destroyed Star Wars (other than Rogue One) and have now proceeded to destroy the MCU post Endgame. Today's ideals have ruined most franchises. Forcing them to conform to new standards. The list is long and continues to grow unfortunately.
So out of curiosity which era's ideals should be reflected in the contemporary MCU?

Just asking.

funny thing is, the person in the clone armour in the Obiwan Kenobi show opening was a woman, so would it be appropriate to have a female body in the clone trooper figure?????? (not seriously wondering that of course, but funny how female stunt actors exist and yet BW used a male Stuntman to play a female character... I am sure that Taskmaster was not originally going to be revealed as Olga. I think she was brought in late during re-writes. thing is, despite being older than Scarjo she was playing a woman much younger (Scarjo was an adult when Olga's character was a schoolgirl) so obviously not much thought was put into it at all.

So out of curiosity which era's ideals should be reflected in the contemporary MCU?

Just asking.
Obviously not current ones, which will be short lived. Movies need to be timeless. When you inject current year social politics into movies they become dated and do not have the longevity that defines so many classics.

funny thing is, the person in the clone armour in the Obiwan Kenobi show opening was a woman, so would it be appropriate to have a female body in the clone trooper figure?????? (not seriously wondering that of course, but funny how female stunt actors exist and yet BW used a male Stuntman to play a female character... I am sure that Taskmaster was not originally going to be revealed as Olga. I think she was brought in late during re-writes. thing is, despite being older than Scarjo she was playing a woman much younger (Scarjo was an adult when Olga's character was a schoolgirl) so obviously not much thought was put into it at all.
Good point

Good point
I was just about to reply with a similar response made above. Simply, none at all if possible other than those related to the story at hand rather than reflecting real life at the time.

Scifi/Fantasy movies & shows particularly should be made for escapism. To watch and have fun and not be reminded of any current climates. There's a reason some movies are timeless and others already not. When a movie is about made up fictional non human beings, certain tropes do not need to be included what so ever.

Back