1/6 Hot Toys-BvS: DOJ-1/6th Scale Armored Batman (Black Chrome Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it's a Stoney base! Love it !

Cool, thought it was :lol I need to get me one of those for when my figure arrives...can't be doing with the crappy stand this figure gets in the box. Hard to understand why it didn't get the same stand as the regular version.

30854789792_90f3edc389_z.jpg30971176045_5961ffb329_z.jpg30669671540_3d7299e53e_z.jpg30854788232_f8681ed84b_z.jpg

Yeah. Flash does destroy the look and create colors that just aren't there.

Sans flash, he's just black, and looking mean.

I picked up the regular edition today, so I'm interested in seeing how they compare in a lense.

Very nice poses. :clap

However, I would advise no flash pictures. Especially for this figure.

Yeah. Flash does destroy the look and create colors that just aren't there.

Sans flash, he's just black, and looking mean.

I picked up the regular edition today, so I'm interested in seeing how they compare in a lense.
Thanks. Calm down with the whole advising thing. It's just your opinion if you don't like using flash. I know the figure looks darker without flash.:wink1:

Last edited:
Thanks. Calm down with the whole advising thing. It's just your opinion if you don't like using flash. I know the figure looks darker without flash.:wink1:

Of course, when did we ever say it wasn't (our opinion)?

Although most people have all shared the same collective opinion that flash pictures for this particular figure don't really seem to do it justice as well as what non flash ones do, as flash tends to emphasize and embellish the white lines and scratches on the suit a bit too much and it doesn't get the same natural shadowing. Just attempting to help you get the most out of your figure in photos, that's all.

If you prefer flash though, that's all that matters. They're your pictures. :duff

Got this monster last Friday.
As much as I want to say he's flat out phenomenal, there's quite a few things to say that hinders me from saying he looks amazing straight out of the box.
For one thing, he is heavily...HEAVILY dependent on lighting. What's weird is that I always preach when talking to fellow collectors
about using LED lights to give it a museum look...and for some reason, this figure actually looks better outside of the detolf with room lighting.

When its outside the detolf and its being hit by lights all over the room, he is breathtaking. As I mentioned before, it should have been called Stealth armored Batman cause I now understand why there are no gold colored parts, it looks amazing all black.

Now, when you place him in the detolf, it is ultra dependent on how the LED lights hits it. When there's too much light, the white paint in between the armor pops out and I'm not too fond of it. I can see now why some pictures have the white paint very visible, and in some, its subdued. It is soo sensitive to light placement.
Too much light and he looks plasticky.
When you place him where the white paint is totally subdued, the figure then is also too dark, so you dont see much of the details. So you really have to move him inch by inch so that the white paint is subdued, yet you can still see a lot of the details.

When you do find just the right lighting, he looks amazing. He is gigantic. he makes all the figures around him look puny.
I like it. Such a different look for Batman compared to all the batman figures I've owned before.
Had a busy weekend so I havent had a chance to mess with him much, so I may play around with the posing later on.

Last edited:
As much as I want to say he's flat out phenomenal, there's quite a few things to say that hinders me from saying he looks amazing straight out of the box.
For one thing, he is heavily...HEAVILY dependent on lighting. What's weird is that I always preach when talking to fellow collectors
about using LED lights to give it a museum look...and for some reason, this figure actually looks better outside of the detolf with room lighting.

When its outside the detolf and its being hit by lights all over the room, he is breathtaking. As I mentioned before, it should have been called Stealth armored Batman cause I now understand why there are no gold colored parts, it looks amazing all black.

Now, when you place him in the detolf, it is ultra dependent on how the LED lights hits it. When there's too much light, the white paint in between the armor pops out and I'm not too fond of it. I can see now why some pictures have the white paint very visible, and in some, its subdued. It is soo sensitive to light placement.
When you place him where the white paint is totally subdued, the figure then is also too dark, so you dont see much of the details. So you really have to move him inch by inch so that the white paint is subdued, yet you can still see a lot of the details.

When you do find just the right lighting, he looks amazing. He is gigantic. he makes all the figures around him look puny.
I like it. Such a different look for Batman compared to all the batman figures I've owned before.
Had a busy weekend so I havent had a chance to mess with him much, so I may play around with the posing later on.

So put him in a very brightly lit Detolf isn't a good idea? Might have to think about putting him somewhere else then.

He looks pretty damn spectacular in your photos, still can't wait to get mine.

Tremendous photos.

Thank you. :)

So put him in a very brightly lit Detolf isn't a good idea? Might have to think about putting him somewhere else then.

He looks pretty damn spectacular in your photos, still can't wait to get mine.

Brighly lit detolf is good, but you may have to place him further at the back so that he wont be too lit.
I remember someone here mentioning the same thing in this thread a while back, and after having him now, I completely understand what he said.
I basically reiterate what was mentioned, and that depending on the light, this figure can look incredible, or he can look also a little cheap and plasticky.
So its very very dependent on how you light him. If you dont have LED in your detolf, he's probably gonna be too dark. He can look cool and mysterious, but you dont see much of the details, such as the separations on the armor.
And as I said, when you do find just the right amount of lighting, he looks incredible.

Of course, when did we ever say it wasn't (our opinion)?

Although most people have all shared the same collective opinion that flash pictures for this particular figure don't really seem to do it justice as well as what non flash ones do, as flash tends to emphasize and embellish the white lines and scratches on the suit a bit too much and it doesn't get the same natural shadowing. Just attempting to help you get the most out of your figure in photos, that's all.

If you prefer flash though, that's all that matters. They're your pictures. :duff
No worries man. You explained your point well.:duff

Looks great, man! Very nice. :clap :duff

Are you going to get the regular Armored Bats figure as well to do an in hand comparison?

Thank you. :)

Brighly lit detolf is good, but you may have to place him further at the back so that he wont be too lit.
I remember someone here mentioning the same thing in this thread a while back, and after having him now, I completely understand what he said.
I basically reiterate what was mentioned, and that depending on the light, this figure can look incredible, or he can look also a little cheap and plasticky.
So its very very dependent on how you light him. If you dont have LED in your detolf, he's probably gonna be too dark. He can look cool and mysterious, but you dont see much of the details, such as the separations on the armor.
And as I said, when you do find just the right amount of lighting, he looks incredible.

I'm replacing the dioder strips with 2 strips of daylight white LED's on each detolf shelf. The other figures I have look great with that level of brightness when I've tested it but I'm thinking this guy won't fare so well. Adding a dimmer could be a good way of controlling how much light he gets.

I don't mind giving him his own shelf outside the cabinet though if that's where he looks best, its a great stand alone figure by the looks of it. Enjoying those last pics you posted, looks very close to the rooftop scenes in the dark.

Your whole display is awesome :clap did you create those backgrounds yourself or buy them someplace?

Looks great, man! Very nice. :clap :duff

Are you going to get the regular Armored Bats figure as well to do an in hand comparison?

I'm thinking about it.
You know, I was hoping that once I have this, I would say to myself, yup...I made the right call.
Honestly, I'm still curious if the regular might have been the better choice for me.

It doesnt help that when I explained to my gf that I was sooo torn on which version to get, so I showed her pics of the regular version,
she said she likes the regular vesion better. :thud:

I know ultimately, the decision is mine. But that didnt help. :lol

Back