Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would putting a clear gloss coat over the HT gauntlets do a passable job of making them more accurate? I'm not interested in hunting down Takara gauntlets myself.

Also how does one apply it? Will it be possible to avoid obvious brush strokes for an absolute painting amateur like me?

It also come in a spray can.

Thanks Toylion. I was hoping to be able to use what I have and apply with a brush but if you guys would recommend against that...

I understand. If you already have it have you used it before? Did it leave brush strokes? I've only ever used the bottled gloss for eye and small things like that. Use spray for larger stuff. The bottled stuff will remove paint if you brush too much with it.

Well, I'll test it on something and see what happens. Only thing I used it on recently was to apply a shine to blood I painted on a BD-T-800 custom. I wasn't concerned about brush strokes there.

Would putting a clear gloss coat over the HT gauntlets do a passable job of making them more accurate? I'm not interested in hunting down Takara gauntlets myself.

Also how does one apply it? Will it be possible to avoid obvious brush strokes for an absolute painting amateur like me?

I just finished my final coat of glossy black on my newly acquired Takara gaunlets.

I wanted them really shiny.

Spray can > Brush.

Only downside to spraying, do it in garage or outside.

$2.85 for a small can which is plenty for gaunlets.

a-dev, i would suggest practicing a bit with the spray before hitting your gauntlets. Become a master of the can sort of thing. It is somewhat of an art. :peace

Testing out a Canon, and what better way than with a Hot Toy.

IMG_4845-1.jpg

Why not do it the most safest way. Baby oil with cotton wool. Can always wash it off again.

So I went to dust this figure last night and noticed his left boot/foot was loose. I tried to put the ball joint back into place and felt something rattling inside. The god damn socket was in pieces. Anyone have a spare pair of boots? Worse comes to worse I suppose a pair of Keaton boots would work.

I highly doubt these figures that are in stock today are "new". They've got to be used, returns with some sort of defects.

JUST recieved mine from a fellow board member. I'm REALLY liking this figure but holy eff is it hard to change out his wrist pegs. My thumbs are throbbing and the pegs have not been moved LOL!

Back