Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because some collectors aren't looking for anything logical, like keeping their figures stock. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some collectors just want to repaint and customize their figures and watch the world burn with envy of their 1/6 Kato Armani suits.

Oh, I'm not a stock nazi by any means (as you know, having seen my neck mod), but modifications should have some kind of purpose behind them.

For example, since my Begins figure has some of the matte finish rubbed off the legs there would be some value in touching that part up with paint, but I don't get why anyone would want to go out of their way to paint the whole suit if there's nothing wrong with it. :dunno

the lforigno one or is there another? please do tell. I'm short on cash, but maybe on payday.

YEah, I was referring to Lforigno's, awesome cape it is.

Oh, I'm not a stock nazi by any means (as you know, having seen my neck mod), but modifications should have some kind of purpose behind them.

For example, since my Begins figure has some of the matte finish rubbed off the legs there would be some value in touching that part up with paint, but I don't get why anyone would want to go out of their way to paint the whole suit if there's nothing wrong with it. :dunno

HT should just include extra parts with their figures so that correction modifications can be done, at the minimum a spare neck :lol

Does anyone have lforigno's dyed rayon Hero Template cape on their Batman (Rhetorical question as I'm sure many people have but I want to see their pictures)

I've just been futzing my stock cape and even dared removing the cowl and the clips (and after day 1 of getting this figured I promised I'd never do that again) but I just can't get it to look right (unsurprisingly). As you look at him the right side seems to pop up off the shoulder rather than sitting flush like the left side so I've decided enough is enough and I want a nice custom cape for him.

Problem is I'm not a fan of the velvet look or the bits of fluff it leaves on the suit. I actually like the material of the stock one just not the way it sits so I'm guessing the dyed rayon is the most like the stock one without all the negatives?

Do you have the takara? That's the cape I'm using on mine. Looks pretty good actually.
IMAG0596.jpg

HT should just include extra parts with their figures so that correction modifications can be done, at the minimum a spare neck :lol

:lol That would be awesome! :clap

However, I believe a well executed mod doesn't necessarily reduce the value of the figure. Commtech's neck mod is totally invisible, as it is all internal. And the result is such an improvement to the look of the figure that I can't imagine it hurting resale value much. In fact, if I were a buyer it would make the figure more desirable.

:lol That would be awesome! :clap

However, I believe a well executed mod doesn't necessarily reduce the value of the figure. Commtech's neck mod is totally invisible, as it is all internal. And the result is such an improvement to the look of the figure that I can't imagine it hurting resale value much. In fact, if I were a buyer it would make the figure more desirable.

I'm one of those that will always have to own the original parts unmolested, mods be performed on extra parts. :lecture

But mod away to your hearts content with the spare parts I say.

I'll have to look into one of them

Doooooo eeeeetttt.......get tu da velvet cape choppuh..........

Why thank you :wink1:

I'm patiently waiting for the Takara to fall below $100.

Hey, it worked with the Mark 1, I literally saved hundreds on that one :lecture :lol

I'm one of those that will always have to own the original parts unmolested, mods be performed on extra parts. :lecture

I'm that way to some extent. Like I have two cop badges 'cos I wanted to mod one while still having a mint/complete figure. But that was only like a $15 investment. Buying a second neck/head for the DX02 is a bit more extravagant. I did look into it for a while, but couldn't find one for a price I was willing to pay. In the end it came down to: what do I want to look at on the shelf?

In the case of my Batman Begins neck mod, I think diminished resale value is a bigger factor. However I never plan on selling that thing. Ever. And it's worth much more to me with a more natural looking neck. :)

I'm that way to some extent. Like I have two cop badges 'cos I wanted to mod one while still having a mint/complete figure. But that was only like a $15 investment. Buying a second neck/head for the DX02 is a bit more extravagant. I did look into it for a while, but couldn't find one for a price I was willing to pay. In the end it came down to: what do I want to look at on the shelf?

In the case of my Batman Begins neck mod, I think diminished resale value is a bigger factor. However I never plan on selling that thing. Ever. And it's worth much more to me with a more natural looking neck.
:)

Can't argue against that logic :lecture

Same. I actually bought extra cape clips for the cape to carve up so that my originals remained undamaged. They were super cheap though, so no problem there. Nothing is permanent.

The only other mod I've ever done is the paper clip trick for the T-800's leather jacket, but then, again, nothing permanent.

I almost wish I had another set of clips. But not so I can keep them mint. Rather, so I can drill new holes in the suit/body for them to stick in. :D

Took some pics of Comparison

Bruce Wayne headsculpt on the Batman Begins Suit

6810433169_f94e41af62_z.jpg

6810433509_558cc92f08_z.jpg

Bruce Wayne headsculpt on the DX02 Batman Body

6780005947_8a27862c69_z.jpg

6810523015_38ec96a019_z.jpg

Great shots man!

weird that it sits so low on your DX bats though. mine doesn't sit that low on the body
SAM_2395.jpg

SAM_2399.jpg

Do you have the takara? That's the cape I'm using on mine. Looks pretty good actually.

If there's one thing I miss, it's the takara cape. That cape, while not being accurate material wise, I feel is the best batman cape i've ever owned.

What do you guys think are the odds Hot Toys makes a 1/4 scale Batman from Batman Begins? I have the 1/6 but am in a pinch for cash and am thinking about selling it now because I would be more interested in a 1/4 down the road and I like the Begins suit design better than the Dark Knight or Dark Night Rises which I assume they will make a 1/4 for that because of the movie coming out.

Back