Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you joking Jye? That's been discussed and joked about ad infinitum.

Definitely a big :nono

Depending on who you ask. :monkey3

Clean water doesn't hurt the rubber, I tested it on an extra suit I had from the one I had to destroy for Sideshow. It actually improves it quite a bit.

Just make sure it's not too hot as the washers for the cape clips and knee pads will fall off because the heat will weaken the glue.

Clean water doesn't hurt the rubber, I tested it on an extra suit I had from the one I had to destroy for Sideshow. It actually improves it quite a bit.

Just make sure it's not too hot as the washers for the cape clips and knee pads will fall off because the heat will weaken the glue.

Best to use distilled water then, so there's no residue. Tap water has impurities.

Don't put any type of chemicals on your Batman. Just not a good idea. You will end up with a puddle of goo.

:hi5:

Are you joking Jye? That's been discussed and joked about ad infinitum.

Definitely a big :nono

Depending on who you ask. :monkey3

:hi5:

Please remember that my 13,000 posts mainly consist of the following unproductive posts:

lolz catz

:exactly: and :lecture to anything DiFabio says :lol

Best to use distilled water then, so there's no residue. Tap water has impurities.

Yep. I wouldn't recommend it unless you don't care about taking the suit off. No way am I taking the rubber suits off my OC and my two Begins exclusives. If the torso wasn't glued to the leggings, maybe, but that would be a huge no-no for me. I figured I'd see what the rubber could take on the figure I had to destroy. So far it's held up really well.

Maybe I'll hit it with some armor all just to see what happens.

Yep. I wouldn't recommend it unless you don't care about taking the suit off. No way am I taking the rubber suits off my OC and my two Begins exclusives. If the torso wasn't glued to the leggings, maybe, but that would be a huge no-no for me. I figured I'd see what the rubber could take on the figure I had to destroy. So far it's held up really well.

:exactly::lecture

Well I Armor-All-ed a G.I. Joe Frogman black rubber suit about 10 years ago, the reissue from the '90's and put it away. When I went to take it out it had melted so bad I had to throw the whole thing away. Couldn't even save the nude body. It was a chemical reaction. Just a blob of goo. :horror

Well I Armor-All-ed a G.I. Joe Frogman black rubber suit about 10 years ago, the reissue from the '90's and put it away. When I went to take it out it had melted so bad I had to throw the whole thing away. Couldn't even save the nude body. It was a chemical reaction. Just a blob of goo. :horror

:horror :horror :horror

I've got to try that - it sounds awesome! :yess:

I really wouldn't recommend it. There's no telling what the paint is going to do to the rubber. Some people don't even clean their rubber figures with water. Why do You even want to repaint it? You're thinking that with a coat of acrylic paint, it won't be such a dust magnet?

However If You're really set on doing it, then I think airbrushing would be the way to go about it. It would be less invasive than covering the suit in thick coats of paint by brush. Or if You don't have an airbrush, then maybe some black acrylic primer in a can.

I still think its a bad idea though.:)

thanks for the tips.
this is my first time to attempt to repaint a rubber material, so I'm a bit scared :lol
And it's batman exclusive we're talking about here :panic:

Why do you need to repaint it?

:goodpost:

Good question. Very good question.

Because some collectors aren't looking for anything logical, like keeping their figures stock. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some collectors just want to repaint and customize their figures and watch the world burn with envy of their 1/6 Kato Armani suits.

Last edited:
I have to mess with the cape, I don't like how it looks on mine. But after seeing what other have managed to accomplished look wise with the stock cape I believe there is hope for mine.

I have to mess with the cape, I don't like how it looks on mine. But after seeing what other have managed to accomplished look wise with the stock cape I believe there is hope for mine.

But the velvet cape is soooooo much better.

Please don't deprive your Batman of his velvet :tap :nono

:lol

I shouldn't talk really, I have deprived mine of his cape clip connectors :panic:

His cape is held on by cowl, which is not movie accurate :slap

Last edited:
Back