Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish they had gotten the darkening around the eyes more like the Keaton bats. The Keaton bats IMO has very lifelike shading of skintone and makeup. Whereas the Bale bats almost has a solid dark look with very little skin look.

I agree , the 89 Bats make-up around his eyes actuall looks like its make-up with the color of his eyelids showing through . Hot Toys nailed it on this one

Thats how Keaton looked in the film

Bale's make-up was completly black so hot toys painted it that way to match the film

I really wish they had gotten the darkening around the eyes more like the Keaton bats. The Keaton bats IMO has very lifelike shading of skintone and makeup. Whereas the Bale bats almost has a solid dark look with very little skin look.

I was just thinking the same thing looking at my HT Begins/TDK figures lastnight.

I agree , the 89 Bats make-up around his eyes actuall looks like its make-up with the color of his eyelids showing through . Hot Toys nailed it on this one

Bale's make-up was completly black so hot toys painted it that way to match the film

Sounds valid enough for me :lol

is this the short or long cape? looks great! :clap

Neither... it's his latest "studio template" cape. I have the BB long cape and TDK short cape also, and this one falls in between those two for length. Lance ships it with a neck hole so it's held in by the cowl. I cut off the front part of the neck hole and poked some tiny holes for the clasp posts.

In that case to be a nitpicker I wish they had painted the area around Bale's eyes with a flat black instead of the glossiness it has. Just something to help accentuate the difference between the cowl and the eye area.

IT WORK!

OK, got my Batman back cause buyer said he received it broken. I check it out before I shipped it, but that the way the cookie crumbles. Anyways, I been thinking how am I going to repair the boot when I get it back. And just like most of my kit-bashes, I had repaired it in my head before I even got it back. It worked just as I had imagined. Now this repair isn't for the faint of heart, lol. I figured I had nothing to lose so I just dove right in with my idea. Just about turned the boot inside out to do it, but got it done. Removed the black plastic defect foot inside and replace it with a TT foot. Know the photo shows a left foot but I put in the correct right one in. Had to pry it out by grabbing the heel with needle nose pliers and wedging a screwdriver under it. Got to be careful you don't break the sole when you do pry it.

100_5390.jpg

100_5391.jpg

cool repair! I remember how i struggled to remove the old ht famous type feet from my crm toys mr torrance figures boots when i upgraded his body, struggled for over an hour and tore both my thumbnails loose. Gud times :)

cool repair! I remember how i struggled to remove the old ht famous type feet from my crm toys mr torrance figure when i upgraded his body, struggled for over an hour and tore both my thumbnails loose. Gud times :)

Fortunately no finger or thumbs were harmed, lol. But I was afraid I was going to break the sole of the boot. I pulled off the left boot, but it's fine so I'm not going to mess with it. But if it does break, I'm ready with "my left foot". :yess:

IT WORK!

OK, got my Batman back cause buyer said he received it broken. I check it out before I shipped it, but that the way the cookie crumbles. Anyways, I been thinking how am I going to repair the boot when I get it back. And just like most of my kit-bashes, I had repaired it in my head before I even got it back. It worked just as I had imagined. Now this repair isn't for the faint of heart, lol. I figured I had nothing to lose so I just dove right in with my idea. Just about turned the boot inside out to do it, but got it done. Removed the black plastic defect foot inside and replace it with a TT foot. Know the photo shows a left foot but I put in the correct right one in. Had to pry it out by grabbing the heel with needle nose pliers and wedging a screwdriver under it. Got to be careful you don't break the sole when you do pry it.

100_5390.jpg

100_5391.jpg

Are those his socks :lol

I removed the broken foot part from my Bat's boot last night. Got the foot out eventually, but had to do so much manhandling of the vinyl that I've managed to rub the black paint off the outside of the boot! It looks like some of those pics where the paint had rubbed off the thighs of some people's figures. Thankfully I have a spare boot (broken too) so I'll probably end up gluing the ankle peg into the foot on that one.

I removed the broken foot part from my Bat's boot last night. Got the foot out eventually, but had to do so much manhandling of the vinyl that I've managed to rub the black paint off the outside of the boot! It looks like some of those pics where the paint had rubbed off the thighs of some people's figures. Thankfully I have a spare boot (broken too) so I'll probably end up gluing the ankle peg into the foot on that one.

Sorry to hear that. What I did was turn the top of the boot down almost pass the ankle section. That's what I meant by saying 'almost had to turn it inside out'. I had figured, what did I have to lose anyways. Boots are selling for $60-$70. on eBay. And there's no guarantee they won't break too. Then I grabbed the heel with a pair of needle-nose pliers and wedged a small screw driver under neath the heel. Gently prying and moving the screwdriver forward at the sides of the black foot. Had to break the glue, but didn't want to break the sole of the boot. Like I said not for the faint of heart. Also by turn the boot down over the foot did stretch it a little, but it worked it self back to it's original shape over night.

OK, I have a mild case of OCD and even though the left foot wasn't broken I couldn't leave it like it was. Couldn't live with one boot having a TT foot and the other with what I thought was a black plastic boot foot like the right one. Imagine my surprise when I found a clear plastic one instead. Hot Toys must of know they had problems with their Batman Begins boots from the start and switch the material on the one that broke at the factory. Any ways the boot with the TT foot looked wide so I decide to change the left one too. Here's how I did it.

100_5395.jpg

100_5396.jpg

100_5397.jpg

100_5398.jpg

OK, I have a mild case of OCD and even though the left foot wasn't broken I couldn't leave it like it was. Couldn't live with one boot having a TT foot and the other with what I thought was a black plastic boot foot like the right one. Imagine my surprise when I found a clear plastic one instead. Hot Toys must of know they had problems with their Batman Begins boots from the start and switch the material on the one that broke at the factory. Any ways the boot with the TT foot looked wide so I decide to change the left one too. Here's how I did it.

100_5395.jpg

100_5396.jpg

100_5397.jpg

100_5398.jpg

Great idea.:clap sorry to be a total noob but where can I buy those feet? my right one is broke and it pains me to see it like that.

Back