1/6 Hot Toys Black Widow - White Suit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait for the high end statues that I hope are coming from queen etc, companies have to tackle the white suit surely?

After watching the film ..I can wait for this ..nothing special anymore
Haha yeah, the film was a hot mess. I still plan on picking this up if the final product version turns out well.

The way I see it, HT won't be pumping out anymore Black Widow figures, so get em while you can.

Haha yeah, the film was a hot mess. I still plan on picking this up if the final product version turns out well.

The way I see it, HT won't be pumping out anymore Black Widow figures, so get em while you can.
Well I know they will attempt her sister since Pugh is getting all the attention

Still looking forward to this figure. I'd also buy Yelena and Red Guardian. I'd even get Melina, although I thought Weisz looked better in the black suit.

I'm still interested in white suit BW after seeing the film, but more in statue form. This isn't like the abomination that ww84 was, which totally put me off the character for good

I liked the white suit fine but would never buy the figure due to the nearly guaranteed future staining and discoloring issues. I think the black suit in this movie is about as good as it gets, I'd be interested if its not made of rubber. I bought the BW figuarts released last year for that reason and sold my older one. At least one film where the women were allowed to wear flats

At least one film where the women were allowed to wear flats

100%. I just can't buy action heroes in wedges. Stupidest costume design I have ever seen. If you must go there, go all the way with heels (which at least make better weapons) but DC and Marvel won't let it go.

I liked the white suit fine but would never buy the figure due to the nearly guaranteed future staining and discoloring issues. I think the black suit in this movie is about as good as it gets, I'd be interested if its not made of rubber. I bought the BW figuarts released last year for that reason and sold my older one. At least one film where the women were allowed to wear flats
Is it definitely guaranteed though? This is certainly a concern of mine, but what is the actual factor that causes white material to eventually discolor and turn yellow?

Is it definitely guaranteed though? This is certainly a concern of mine, but what is the actual factor that causes white material to eventually discolor and turn yellow?
Every material is different, but in some plastics, fire retardant chemicals (bromines) leech to the surface over time; they can be returned to white via Hydrogen Peroxide and UV (natural sunlight works best) ... not sure about other materials, whether it's chemical leeching, oxidization or what. Sometimes sun triggers those adverse chemical reactions too, which we all know...

Every material is different, but in some plastics, fire retardant chemicals (bromines) leech to the surface over time; they can be returned to white via Hydrogen Peroxide and UV (natural sunlight works best) ... not sure about other materials, whether it's chemical leeching, oxidization or what. Sometimes sun triggers those adverse chemical reactions too, which we all know...
Gotcha, thanks for the scientific breakdown of this. Yeah I mean, as long as the yellowing is scientifically inevitable then I guess these white figures (Widow and Vision) should be an obvious no-brainer pass then sadly.

Gotcha, thanks for the scientific breakdown of this. Yeah I mean, as long as the yellowing is scientifically inevitable then I guess these white figures (Widow and Vision) should be an obvious no-brainer pass then sadly.
Potential figure deterioration 5-15 years in the future should never be used for purchase decisions.

Will you never buy a house, car, clothes or food all of those deteriorate.

If a $500,000 house an $80,000 car, a $100 pair of shoes and a $20 hamburger deteriorate why should we not expect a $300 action figure to do the same.

Us humans deteriorate and then we die so if you want it buy it don’t worry about future deterioration.

Enjoy your life now no one ever promised us a tomorrow.

Potential figure deterioration 5-15 years in the future should never be used for purchase decisions.

If a $500,000 house an $80,000 car, a $100 pair of shoes and a $20 hamburger deteriorate why should we not expect a $300 action figure to do the same.

Us humans deteriorate and then we die so if you want it buy it don’t worry about future deterioration.

Vision got it wrong...something is only beautiful because it lasts FOREVER!!!

I'll probably pick up the white suit looks good and i can stick her with my white Iron Man and maybe White Vision if i get him. The black grey outfit will be a definite buy when she goes up for order.

Attachments

• E1Cab4kUcAUIUy-.jpg
    E1Cab4kUcAUIUy-.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 57

#NoCondoms

Back