Hot toys BB-8 & BB-9E

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No denying the failure of TLJ toys. BB8 and those lobsters selling at or below retail direct from Hong Kong right away. Meanwhile Jedi Luke and Yondu going for nearly double retail price.

This was one of my eBay 20% off coupon purchases, received today in Missouri from China in 8 days, diaskull really delivers. The color difference from the original release is striking.

R3DtosS.jpg

This was one of my eBay 20% off coupon purchases, received today in Missouri from China in 8 days, diaskull really delivers. The color difference from the original release is striking.

View attachment 413709

I just got this and I actually think I got so used to the old one that I wasn’t crazy about how bright the orange is on this one. Are the the details any better on this? I sold my old one a while back. Also annoyed that they addd body lights to BB-9 but not BB-8, kind of crazy.

Hot toys BB-8 & BB-9E

Doesn't mean it isn't. Besides, I do remember people mentioning it.

Maybe it worked with Rey because she was nearly two-inches too short.

If she was two inches taller she’d be Vader height probably, unless you meant 1/6 scale inches. :lol But she is certainly undersized.

But are you thinking of the Sphero BB-8? That one was definitely undersized.

Re: Hot toys BB-8 & BB-9E

But are you thinking of the Sphero BB-8? That one was definitely undersized.

I thought the Sphero was larger than the HT? :lol

Now I'm really confused. I'm off to research...

EDIT:

So I see I was inquiring about the underscale 2 years ago too :lol

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164346&p=8731483&viewfull=1#post8731483

And yes, I guess the Sphero is much smaller....

30188601506_675bc97120_b.jpg

So then I suppose this HT BB-8 is good in its scale. Case closed.

On to the next fake news...

Last edited:
Looking forward to adding BB-8 to my collection, he charges on Thursday. Now I'd really like Poe to go along with him...

This one looks so much more accurate than TFA one, but at the same time, I don’t have the extreme urge to go out and immediately trade it for this one.

I like the original's weathering better.

Yeah I do too, there’s pros and cons to both. Thy really needed to add the body lights like they did with BB-9E too.

New one has a brighter and more intricate looking red light, and the added attachments. But I think I’m happier with the original. Unfortunately the extra attachments aren’t backwards compatible.

Next one will be the best one. HT had a plan.

Back