Hot Toys Battle Angel Alita

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's on my to-make list, actually.

Partly to be more comic-like, but mostly for jumping / action poses like those super cool shots 616 posted above. ( super cool, @Earth 616 Collector ! )
I've made one for a sculpt I did myself, [a custom HK comic Stormriders Wind] and I'm happy with it.
It's just a lot harder to do one for an existing figure, as the measurements can get complicated.

But if that's something folks here would be interested in, let me know.

Wow that's cool! 😀

Hats off to you and those who do custom work and/or extensive modding! I can imagine it being tedious work.

Yes, a different hair piece and also something with an expression would pull off the infinite amount of poses you can do with her.

Yeah I would've liked an extra action expression head sculpt!

yD69fdh.jpg

hc5et9b.jpg

SO - I finally decided to put on her black suit!!!! 😃😃😃 I was a bit wary, especially because the small zipper can be fiddly. The suit itself feels so stretchy and tough; I was able to slip on the pants easily, and to my relief I was able to successfully zip up her shirt!

G'aahhhh she looks so slick with her black suit!!!!!! 😁😄😃

hTK46BO.jpg

XUSnhve.jpg

P084340.jpg

3s7X8NZ.jpg

dAmClco.jpg

M0DZdmR.jpg

cye7Ol8.jpg

p4P7dCX.jpg

Do you think someone will make proper rooted wigs for alita? She’s one of my favorite figures but the hair is such an eyesore. I keep being very annoyed by how bad it looks. Looks like she’s wearing a deflated car tire on her head.

Do you think someone will make proper rooted wigs for alita? She’s one of my favorite figures but the hair is such an eyesore. I keep being very annoyed by how bad it looks. Looks like she’s wearing a deflated car tire on her head.
I hope.. although, I don't know how much more I can take before I just commission an artist to root my Alita sculpt. I don't know what Hot Toys was thinking going back and using sculpted hair instead. I'm usually not a fan of rooted hair but certain characters simply look better with rooted hair. 🤦‍♂️

I was debating getting this sculpt but I don't know how it looks up-close.

1674681807494.png

I hope.. although, I don't know how much more I can take before I just commission an artist to root my Alita sculpt. I don't know what Hot Toys was thinking going back and using sculpted hair instead. I'm usually not a fan of rooted hair but certain characters simply look better with rooted hair. 🤦‍♂️

View attachment 620026
The face is a big miss imo. Too chubby. And the paint application is nowhere near as nice as the photo.

I did see someone mod the hot toys sculpt to work with the wig from this head. I might do it but I’m so scared to break the head. You have to drill part of the plastic away and it’s scary.

View attachment 620026
D6898266-1CF3-460B-82F0-9F131DD8DC20.jpeg

Looks like a chubby child and the eyes aren’t big enough.

Well I bought a Mr Toys head. Im gonna try to modify the wig to fit the head instead of the other way around hopefully it works

Yeah it'd be cool to see a good separate rooted hair top for Alita, heck maybe even different sculpted hair pieces. (But even so, I still like the hair piece she comes with out of the box.)

A86E3D29-4637-465A-BCC6-77620F6C1094.jpeg

Well I did it! This was a very nerve wrecking process. When my mr toys head arrived I wanted to just put the head on my hot toys alita and call it a day even though im not much of a fan of the chubby childlike sculpt. But the thing that was specifically designed to work with hot toys alita DIDNT FIT THE FIGURE!

The head just wouldnt sit properly on the neck. The neck looked giraffe like.

In my blind frustration I took my exacto knife and just started cutting up the hot toys sculpt. I kept going at it until the wig fit. And after a few hours of work I have a perfect fit. Installed a magnet so I can still easily access the moveable eyes. Everything turned out amazing.

I almost cut off part of her hairline and her ears but somehow I managed to keep everything intact.

The Mr toys hair is a bit too long. So the only thing left to do is give it a little trim. If I somehow F that up I will throw myself off of a building and Im not even joking.

Im just glad I finally got rid of that deflated tire that was supposed to represent hair 🛞

Attachments

• E6AD7211-BCD3-42E4-81C1-701FF70FF81C.jpeg
    E6AD7211-BCD3-42E4-81C1-701FF70FF81C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 3C347B27-8E86-482F-847A-868E05F635C8.jpeg
    3C347B27-8E86-482F-847A-868E05F635C8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2E1EA5B2-4394-4AE9-9633-089DAB5BAF54.jpeg
    2E1EA5B2-4394-4AE9-9633-089DAB5BAF54.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
View attachment 621084

Well I did it! This was a very nerve wrecking process. When my mr toys head arrived I wanted to just put the head on my hot toys alita and call it a day even though im not much of a fan of the chubby childlike sculpt. But the thing that was specifically designed to work with hot toys alita DIDNT FIT THE FIGURE!

The head just wouldnt sit properly on the neck. The neck looked giraffe like.

In my blind frustration I took my exacto knife and just started cutting up the hot toys sculpt. I kept going at it until the wig fit. And after a few hours of work I have a perfect fit. Installed a magnet so I can still easily access the moveable eyes. Everything turned out amazing.

I almost cut off part of her hairline and her ears but somehow I managed to keep everything intact.

The Mr toys hair is a bit too long. So the only thing left to do is give it a little trim. If I somehow F that up I will throw myself off of a building and Im not even joking.

Im just glad I finally got rid of that deflated tire that was supposed to represent hair 🛞
Looks really good, congrats! :duff

8E840479-0B14-47DB-BBE5-C83A76BD5B91.jpeg

Here is the final look. I don’t know if you can see much of a difference but I gave her a trim and her hair is now not touching her shoulders anymore. I could probably have gone even shorter but I’m afraid of going too short.

Really happy with how it turned out. I’ll probably do some final futzing tomorrow and add some hairspray or gel to style it a bit more like the movie.

View attachment 621097

Here is the final look. I don’t know if you can see much of a difference but I gave her a trim and her hair is now not touching her shoulders anymore. I could probably have gone even shorter but I’m afraid of going too short.

Really happy with how it turned out. I’ll probably do some final futzing tomorrow and add some hairspray or gel to style it a bit more like the movie.
Daaaayum! That looks really good...now I'm starting to think about getting myself a rooted hair portrait! :rock

C2E11310-06CD-460E-8F37-1D24A985BE49.jpeg

B5190B5A-FEF6-49F5-BC83-3F13FDFA9F75.jpeg

35B6370E-7F17-4CDE-A74A-3B6A65DEA314.jpeg

I adjusted the Mr Toys head to work with the hot toys neck. I probably will never use it but it’s nice to have an option with the blood under her eyes. There’s just something that the Mr Toys head lacks in terms of sculpt and paint that is throwing it off. The hot toys sculpt is far superior in likeness and more realistic.

3D3F9C85-D5F4-409C-A598-CFFFDEEE3D5E.jpeg

224697F5-FF76-4F5B-8956-52437B173846.jpeg

This kinda works too. Though it doesn’t sit very secure on there of course.

Last edited:
Back