Hot Toys Battle Angel Alita

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious if anyone can give me some pointers. I have an extra Alita hot toys head sculpt and want to put it on a different body. But the sculpt has a neck peg. How do I get around this? Do I have to buy a specific body that can have the neck peg removed? Any help would be appreciated.

Curious if anyone can give me some pointers. I have an extra Alita hot toys head sculpt and want to put it on a different body. But the sculpt has a neck peg. How do I get around this? Do I have to buy a specific body that can have the neck peg removed? Any help would be appreciated.
a bit tricky, but you could remove the peg from the body and fuzz around with a little blutack to stabilize the head sculpt.

a bit tricky, but you could remove the peg from the body and fuzz around with a little blutack to stabilize the head sculpt.
I did exactly this and it works great. The poptoys body has the same proportions as the hot toys one

Attachments

• C3E6C604-3BCB-4059-8DAA-7DDE709DC62C.jpeg
    C3E6C604-3BCB-4059-8DAA-7DDE709DC62C.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 26
I see that a company called Play Toy seem to have knocked this off with a new head with hair and 2nd option that is upgraded with the Rollerball armour.

I've been looking at this top and thinking about getting the white and dying it purple. I'm unsure if it'll fit properly though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174984490240?var=474133697301
s-l500.jpg

I'm also looking to get this suit set for the pants.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284806114375?var=586491033508
s-l500.jpg

Lol - I was looking at those exact pieces :lol

I'm tempted to do the same, but I feel the top may be a bit too textured, plus as you've mentioned the fit is uncertain. Ah well, maybe third party companies can make more outfit sets (such as Daftoys).

I'm still surprised a better sculpt or at least a better hair piece was never made.

I'm hoping Queen/InArt will make an Alita with a truly great likeness like their statues.

Lol - I was looking at those exact pieces :lol

I'm tempted to do the same, but I feel the top may be a bit too textured, plus as you've mentioned the fit is uncertain. Ah well, maybe third party companies can make more outfit sets (such as Daftoys).
I think I may take the chance just to see how it goes with the top. "C'mon, baby, Snoopy needs a new top for his dolly!"

LivelyObviousAnhinga-size_restricted.gif

I'm still surprised a better sculpt or at least a better hair piece was never made.

I'm hoping Queen/InArt will make an Alita with a truly great likeness like their statues.

Yeah a new, more voluminous sculpted hair piece would sell very well, I'd be tempted to pick it up. Though for me I do like the hair piece on the figure.

Oh man, if Queen/InArt does some Alita figures, :thud::thud:

I think I may take the chance just to see how it goes with the top. "C'mon, baby, Snoopy needs a new top for his dolly!"

LivelyObviousAnhinga-size_restricted.gif

Gotta say, getting new clothes for our dollies is way more of a hassle than getting clothes for ourselves :rotfl

Yeah a new, more voluminous sculpted hair piece would sell very well, I'd be tempted to pick it up. Though for me I do like the hair piece on the figure.

Oh man, if Queen/InArt does some Alita figures, :thud::thud:

Gotta say, getting new clothes for our dollies is way more of a hassle than getting clothes for ourselves :rotfl
Ain't that the truth! :rotfl

I did exactly this and it works great. The poptoys body has the same proportions as the hot toys one
Can you tell me wich Poptoys body you used exactly please? And wich modification we have to do in order to Alita's set fit perfectly?
I have this set for months, and it still in box because people told me that there are not perfect body for this cloth set, so i don't want to lose money with an no adaptable body 😕

Can you tell me wich Poptoys body you used exactly please? And wich modification we have to do in order to Alita's set fit perfectly?
I have this set for months, and it still in box because people told me that there are not perfect body for this cloth set, so i don't want to lose money with an no adaptable body 😕
Poptoys small bust suntan. You can pop out the arms of their sockets, its easy. Then you remove the plastic breasts and neck by pulling up. This may sound complicated but its really not. Then you see this long neckpeg. You remove that by unscrewing the back and pull it out. Then screw it back up. Fill the plastic neck you just removed with bluetac. Put everything back together. Push alita’s head into the blue tac neck. Done.

Yeah a new, more voluminous sculpted hair piece would sell very well, I'd be tempted to pick it up.
It's on my to-make list, actually.

Partly to be more comic-like, but mostly for jumping / action poses like those super cool shots 616 posted above. ( super cool, @Earth 616 Collector ! )
I've made one for a sculpt I did myself, [a custom HK comic Stormriders Wind] and I'm happy with it.
It's just a lot harder to do one for an existing figure, as the measurements can get complicated.

But if that's something folks here would be interested in, let me know.

It's on my to-make list, actually.

Partly to be more comic-like, but mostly for jumping / action poses like those super cool shots 616 posted above. ( super cool, @Earth 616 Collector ! )
I've made one for a sculpt I did myself, [a custom HK comic Stormriders Wind] and I'm happy with it.
It's just a lot harder to do one for an existing figure, as the measurements can get complicated.

But if that's something folks here would be interested in, let me know.
Yes, a different hair piece and also something with an expression would pull off the infinite amount of poses you can do with her.

Back