Hot Toys Batman DX teaser pic...AT LAST!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HT_BATMAN_DX_T1.jpg

ap20090709081043183jpg.jpg

Is this all of them so far? I just wanted to see the pics in one place.

That's all the ones I've seen.

Really looking forward to a pic with cape attached, they REALLY need to improve the cape and the way it attaches. If they use those pegs again, i'd blow a casket.

tdkdx_007.jpg

Is anyone else disturbed by seeing all these naked toy bodies?

what are you, more catholic than the pope?

:lol I hear you. But then again, for me, just like the Sonar lenses I don't care about any of that stuff either. It's extras. My main concern is how good the the figure looks. That's the most important thing. If the figure sucks, the extras won't mean ish. True?

you couldn't have made a more sound statement than the one you just made!

Last edited:
the cowl still have that sharp edges on it like the previous mms, not movie accurate, pass.
the suit is rubber, pass again.
the neck also sculpted like the last one, pass.
i'd buy it though if i have too much money :rolleyes:

I'd like to see you pass if the sculpt is improved + the body has finaly made a slimmer overall appearance

Am liking the pics so far. If the body is sorted out (flatter chest piece and accurate proportions) then its all good ! One thing that I hate about the design, and this applies to medicom, DC direct (even though it doesnt really matter cause they made a crap fig.), and hot toys is that the neck makes batman look like a freaking giraffe !!! because the cowl in all three versios overlap ontop of the neck rather than the cowl begining after the neck. See pics below.

79083277.png

I think they really need to consider making the neck more screen accurate. When looking at the figure at some angles it looks soooo weird....it almost looks like a cheap £30 figure (in other words a dc direct figure). Fair enough he wont be able to look down but thats something he cnt do in the film...this type of restriction isnt a bad thing its a good thing because it just imitates batmans real restrictions...like in batman begins...when they made the figure then they didnt change anything around the head so we can pose it in 15 different ways...it slightly moves up, down, left and right and this is true to the film. Anyways i've ranted too much but i think the neck needs to be changed.

Last edited:
Am liking the pics so far. If the body is sorted out (flatter chest piece and accurate proportions) then its all good ! One thing that I hate about the design, and this applies to medicom, DC direct (even though it doesnt really matter cause they made a crap fig.), and hot toys is that the neck makes batman look like a freaking giraffe !!! because the cowl in all three versions tuck into the neck rather than the cowl begins after the neck. See pics below.

79083277.png

I think they really need to consider making the neck more screen accurate. When looking at the figure at some angles it looks soooo weird....it almost looks like a cheap £30 figure (in other words a dc direct figure). Fair enough he wont be able to look down but thats something he cnt do in the film...this type of restriction isnt a bad thing its a good thing because it just imitates batmans real restrictions...like in batman begins...when they made the figure then they didnt change anything around the head so we can pose it in 15 different ways...it slightly moves up, down, left and right and this is true to the film. Anyways i've ranted too much but i think the neck needs to be changed.

Agreed 100%. I MUCH prefer accuracy over articulation

Agreed 100%. I MUCH prefer accuracy over articulation

Are you kidding? Not being able to look down was one of the Major complaints about the V1 Bats. People went as far as modding it to correct the problem. An issue many were hoping would be address with DX. Also he would not be able to look up on the Batpod:duh This is a design choice more for functionality than appearance

I'd like to see you pass if the sculpt is improved + the body has finaly made a slimmer overall appearance

well, improved doesn't mean it will have more accuracy, correct?
the previous mms you all get was indeed an improved one, but still, the cowl looks way off.
and as long as they're using rubber suit (and even have PERS), i don't really care about slimmer appearance.
that's just sad knowing that this is the DX version.
just my opinion :rolleyes:

and hot toys is that the neck makes batman look like a freaking giraffe !!! because the cowl in all three versios overlap ontop of the neck rather than the cowl begining after the neck. See pics below.

79083277.png

couldn't agree more.

well, improved doesn't mean it will have more accuracy, correct?
the previous mms you all get was indeed an improved one, but still, the cowl looks way off.
and as long as they're using rubber suit (and even have PERS), i don't really care about slimmer appearance.
that's just sad knowing that this is the DX version.
just my opinion :rolleyes:

Why are you so against rubber suit? It covers the joints well and it's still durable for the figure's poseability. If you want plastic, Mattel or Hasbro have some available.

Why are you so against rubber suit? It covers the joints well and it's still durable for the figure's poseability. If you want plastic, Mattel or Hasbro have some available.

why can't i?
i'll use my money to buy it, not yours.
and like i said, it's only my opinion, can't i have my opinion in this board?
and stop bashing others opinion will ya!

why can't i?
i'll use my money to buy it, not yours.
and like i said, it's only my opinion, can't i have my opinion in this board?
and stop bashing others opinion will ya!

I'm not bashing your opinion, sorry if it came off like I did.
I'm just saying using rubber suit will make the figure looks superior as it hides the joints yet it is still durable and will not prevent you to pose it as you like.
Just my opinion.

Please refer to Medi suit. Looks FAR superior and is MORE durable.

Are you kidding? Not being able to look down was one of the Major complaints about the V1 Bats. People went as far as modding it to correct the problem. An issue many were hoping would be address with DX. Also he would not be able to look up on the Batpod:duh This is a design choice more for functionality than appearance

Lol.....yeah i got an explanation for this and it actually follows up on making the figure more screen accurate. In the film when hes looking down he doesnt use this head to look down he uses his neck. In the film in specific scenes you can see that the neck piece is made wider so its not a tight fit...this allows him to move his neck down and towards one end of the neck piece. I've even gone far as to make a diagram in 3d studio max lol, blue cylinder is neck and black piece is the neck piece:

neck01.png
neck02.png

So what hot toys need to do is make the head part as they do with their improvements and then instead of a solid neck piece they need to make it so that its a hollow piece where the neck part can go in. This way it is screen accurate and it allows him to look down. Explaning all of this is easy to say but for hot toys to actually implement this idea and re-design the whole neck is just too much work so ppl who have grips about the neck like me will just have to live with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back