Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. here is my how my kit bash looked compared to official:
MyScarecrow524005.jpg

MyScarecrow524040.jpg

I decided I'm gonna keep the extra head and stand from my kit bash and sell off the other parts. that way I can have a kit bash suit scarecrow and my complete hot toys release one.

This is how he looks in the Kit Bash suit look.
MyScarecrow524058.jpg

Scarecrow is the sleeper Hot Toys hit of the last year or so for me. I knew I would like him, but I really like him, as basic as he is. He's probably my second favorite new figure after T-800 (higher on my list than Bruce Lee or the Iron Man Mark IV and VI).

Scarecrow is the sleeper Hot Toys hit of the last year or so for me. I knew I would like him, but I really like him, as basic as he is. He's probably my second favorite new figure after T-800 (higher on my list than Bruce Lee or the Iron Man Mark IV and VI).

:exactly: Totally, its one of my fav figures. As simple as it is, its just a really well done figure, the detail of the mucky, grubby hands and that awesome looking straight. Its just a simple, but extremely well done figure. Plus i love the character (from the comics and now the movie) and the movie design was great. Definitely one of my top figures.

Sometimes the simplest things are the best & Scarecrow is awesome. Great kit bash though Obi Dave, from the pics it looks pretty impressive.

Bah! I see toys2 has this set instock again, and its the last Batman set that's still reasonably priced, and I do like both figures. I just can't seem to pull the trigger for $400 for the set, which seems like a fair price.

But these recent Scarecrow pics are really pushing me over the edge...

To be honest, unless you're either a big batman fan, or really like the demon batman, i'd suggest just looking for the scarecrow on his own if the whole set seems a bit much. He's on ebay for pretty decent prices. I bought the set, and immediately thought "i shouldnt have spent so much" haha. But i am a huge batman fan and i know if i didnt get it, i'd want it afterwards. But the demon isnt nearly as impressive as scarecrow. I like it, almost as an accessory, but the scarecrow is what i was really after. Like most i guess.

I finally decided to take the straitjacket off Scarecrow and wow - I think he looks so much better. I was always planning on displaying him wearing the straitjacket but now I’m going to leave him in just the suit.

I always preferred the straightjacket look, but i kind of wanna try displaying him in just the suit now, think thats a great look also. But i've heard so many horror stories about breaking the straighjacket and not being able to get it back on.

Well, I went ahead and took the plunge and ordered the set from Toys2. The set was a tad cheaper than the figures seem to be going for on eBay, and these aren't going to be around forever. I'm just too much of a Bat-fan to not have these in my Nolan collection.

I'll have to cancel some pre-orders and figure out a way to explain this to the wife, but I'll think of something.

I've alternated his look a few times, but have come down on the side of posing him with his suit on. I like the juxtaposition, it's his most typical look, and it fits with Nolan's obsession with having everyone wear a suit. I'm sort of surprised that Batman isn't just a guy in a suit with a Batman mask.

I haven't had problems with taking the straight jacket off, either, but those little buttons do feel incredibly cheap so I'm always extremely careful with that.

...it fits with Nolan's obsession with having everyone wear a suit. I'm sort of surprised that Batman isn't just a guy in a suit with a Batman mask.

You should check Ebay. There's a guy who tries to offload a "custom" figure of his every once in a while - a HT Batman head on a guy in a business suit.

Back