Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping these will be easily obtained. Seems really stupid to 'celebrate' your 10th Anniversary by making some new items only available to a select few of your fans.

I'm hoping these will be easily obtained. Seems really stupid to 'celebrate' your 10th Anniversary by making some new items only available to a select few of your fans.
Eh. We weren't expecting more Begins figures, and they probably wouldn't have come except in a limited release like this. Same with Beat It MJ. If it's this or nothing, I'll take this and pay a few extra bucks if need be.

Pretty sure the announcement said that a percentage is being allocated to Asian conventions, and another percentage is being allocated to the rest of the world, similar to Guardian Predator and T-1000 as Sarah. I think will be 4,000 altogether, which is a fair amount IMO.

Can someone give us an idea of what the prices for Guardian Predator and T-1000 as Sarah were? What was the average at its low point, and what has been the nature of the price fluctuations?

Sorry, I'm only a Batman collector, so hopefully someone here has broader and more relevant experience, with respect to these items.

Also, I would probably expect that if Bat-Demon and Scarecrow shared the same production run numbers as these other figures, then the prices of these other figures can at best be a low-end estimate for Bat-Demon and Scarecrow prices, since Batman is generally far more popular. But it's a starting point (and if Hot Toys is smart, they'll produce a larger run, even if it's more limited than a "normal" run, since they know it'll probably sell more, being that they're Batman figures).

Well here you guys go, who wanted to see how it would be packed.

23-04.jpg

The Middle one is BB's Scarecrow and Bat's.

Pretty and classy packaging for an "anniversary figure," but doesn't look Batman-specific, which is a shame (makes it less worth displaying with the other boxes). Still, we can only see the sides, so maybe we'll be surprised.

I am based in Singapore and my local Hot Toys retailer already has this set in-stock. The only problem is that they are not allowed to sell it now until after Hot Toys has "officially" released it in the Tokyo Event.

So I personally believe that this will be like the Guardian Pred where it will eventually be available in larger amount and in more places than we collectors were led to believe in initially. Thus no point in paying crazy eBay prices for it now.

This is GREAT news and gives us lots of reason to hope for the best.

I'd like to have Scarecrow quite a lot, but if it's really difficult to get the set, I probably won't end up getting one.

Both SDCC Exclusives for this year were available through Sideshow for roughly retail cost (Sarah was $150ish I think, Guardian was closer to $200). However, Sarah was delayed and for whatever reason, Hot Toys then decided to produce way more of that figure. Add that to the fact that the figure wasn't all that popular anyway (many were only buying for the extra T-1000 head), and its price actually fell a bit. Not sure where it stands now. . .

Guardian sold out on Sideshow's site in seconds, leading to insane demand and prices over $400. Then, lots of folks on the waiting list started getting conversions, and price slowly fell. Now they go for around $300. Will probably drop a bit lower, until they stop showing up on eBay and Predator fans start freaking out. Then, I expect price will go up to $400+.

Not sure if any of that is analogous to the Batman set here, though, because Sideshow probably won't get stock to sell (DC Direct didn't allow Sideshow to distribute Dark Knight figures). DC Direct might. Toys2 and OneSixthBruce may get some. Unknown who else might get them, or how much they will charge. Impossible to estimate the ultimate cost of these without more information.

Is Toys2 the store that Geil is always talking about (knowing the owner, etc.)? If so, any chance he could get us some inside info as to whether Toys2 will be acquiring this?

*prods Geil*

Also, if DC Direct and Sideshow do not distribute this, is this still the kind of thing that a retailer like BBTS might carry?

The day the Guardian came out, the highest ebay price was $850. Now the lowest I have seen it on ebay is $310.

From what Eric has told me even after mentioning OSB's comment is that HT is not confirming anything about availability ATM but keeping the hype for Tokyo show. It might be that he has been asked not to talk about it or that he really has not been told what the plans are but he does expect to hear about the final decision after the show.

Both SDCC Exclusives for this year were available through Sideshow for roughly retail cost (Sarah was $150ish I think, Guardian was closer to $200). However, Sarah was delayed and for whatever reason, Hot Toys then decided to produce way more of that figure. Add that to the fact that the figure wasn't all that popular anyway (many were only buying for the extra T-1000 head), and its price actually fell a bit. Not sure where it stands now. . .

Guardian sold out on Sideshow's site in seconds, leading to insane demand and prices over $400. Then, lots of folks on the waiting list started getting conversions, and price slowly fell. Now they go for around $300. Will probably drop a bit lower, until they stop showing up on eBay and Predator fans start freaking out. Then, I expect price will go up to $400+.

Not sure if any of that is analogous to the Batman set here, though, because Sideshow probably won't get stock to sell (DC Direct didn't allow Sideshow to distribute Dark Knight figures). DC Direct might. Toys2 and OneSixthBruce may get some. Unknown who else might get them, or how much they will charge. Impossible to estimate the ultimate cost of these without more information.

That is the real problem here. If Sideshow can't carry the Batman set, it would be the hardest one to get, let alone the most popular one anyway. I think that is why most of us are freaking out. MJ and the friend have a good chance of being carried by Sideshow. But that Batman set is up in the air. Hopefully with it being an exclusive DCD will realize the easiest thing to do will to have it available from one source in the US, and that being Sideshow. But I doubt it.

From what Eric has told me even after mentioning OSB's comment is that HT is not confirming anything about availability ATM but keeping the hype for Tokyo show. It might be that he has been asked not to talk about it or that he really has not been told what the plans are but he does expect to hear about the final decision after the show.

:rock

Keep us posted!

I'm not worried. I guarantee I'll have this by summer, one way or another.

There's already a bunch of people that have bough the ones on ebay, at what we're all hoping are higher prices than we'll need to pay. Hope this isnt an indication of the price these will be at. Its a shame too that, as with the other exclusives such as the guardian predator, a lot of these will probably get snapped up by scalpers and appear on ebay with the price doubled.

Oh well, fingers crossed OSB will have enough for me to get an order in.

Don't know if you guys saw, but in another thread a translated Hot Toys newsletter said that only Hong Kong and Japan would be getting these figures. Bummer.

Don't know if you guys saw, but in another thread a translated Hot Toys newsletter said that only Hong Kong and Japan would be getting these figures. Bummer.

I'm not worried. I guarantee I'll have this by summer, one way or another...and you will too.

Back