Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shocked people can say Keaton was the best with him nearly killing anything that moved on both of his movies. :ohbfrank:

Lets see, from what I remember he killed:
Everyone in the factory (explosion)
The henchman in the tower (hit his head on the bell and fell to his death)
The Joker

Fire breather ---maybe (set on fire by the Batmobile)
Fat henchman (bomb stuck to chest)

I'm sure there's more, but the amount of people he killed in the factory on part one was ridiculous.

Meanwhile, Bale killed

Two Face
Ras al ghul? (does his count at all?)

And how many people did Bale kill in Batman Begins when he decided not to kill the farmer in the League of Shadows temple, so instead started a fire that then destroyed the entire temple, along with pretty much everyone in it from what we can see...including fake Ras and more than likely the farmer that he refused to kill. Him and Neeson got out and the place went up like the damn death star. Now I'm not saying there weren't other survivors, but we saw several people visibly blown to hell all over the place during that little effort, even prior to the escape.

Neither Bale or Keaton's version of Batman gets any points for public (or criminal) safety in my book. :lol

No way is the TDK and Begins scores better than Elfman's... there is nothing that you can identify as "Batman" with what Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard did.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the score from TDK but it's nothing near as awesome as what Elfman gave us for the 89 and Returns. TDK main theme is not even close to saying "hey, that's Batman's theme!"... it's too industrial with no substance and it never really goes anywhere, musically speaking.

And i am sure with the "Man Of Steel" coming out we will get a brand new Superman theme, and it wont scream "Superman!" like the one John Williams gave us.

Something about the way Williams and Elfman handle their scores, it's as if it's another lead actor in the film... it to me, completes and identifies the films.

M.

:exactly: both wonderful composers whose music really added a great deal to the characters.

And how many people did Bale kill in Batman Begins when he decided not to kill the farmer in the League of Shadows temple, so instead started a fire that then destroyed the entire temple, along with pretty much everyone in it from what we can see...including fake Ras and more than likely the farmer that he refused to kill. Him and Neeson got out and the place went up like the damn death star. Now I'm not saying there weren't other survivors, but we saw several people visibly blown to hell all over the place during that little effort, even prior to the escape.

Neither Bale or Keaton's version of Batman gets any points for public (or criminal) safety in my book. :lol

:exactly::clap:goodpost::clap:exactly:

I am agree but don't forget TDK with him firing RPGs out from his bike just because he could :lecture

No way is the TDK and Begins scores better than Elfman's... there is nothing that you can identify as "Batman" with what Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard did.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the score from TDK but it's nothing near as awesome as what Elfman gave us for the 89 and Returns. TDK main theme is not even close to saying "hey, that's Batman's theme!"... it's too industrial with no substance and it never really goes anywhere, musically speaking.

And i am sure with the "Man Of Steel" coming out we will get a brand new Superman theme, and it wont scream "Superman!" like the one John Williams gave us.

Something about the way Williams and Elfman handle their scores, it's as if it's another lead actor in the film... it to me, completes and identifies the films.

M.

If you separate the two I agree. I was just grouping the "music" together to make the point both movies are great and equal (for different times).
The Prince CD is about the only thing I literally can't stand from that movie, so I docked points:lol. I like ALL the music in the Nolanverse so far.

At the end of the day, I am all over this fig and anything else that is based on the 2 Burton films.

Don't diss the Princess. You get a final warning for such actions.

prince_says_hai.gif

Oh believe me, I've got plenty wrong with me. Hating Prince is low on that list. But I can hate him for free. Waiting to spend 2 bills on a 1/6 piece of plastic of Mr. Mom and Beetlejuice, that ain't right either.

At least that camp is a little more crowded.:lol

...OMG...are you telling me that....Joel schumacher...actually did something right that the other two didn't?:horror
Are you telling me that he was the only one who made Batman not kill anyone!? OMG.:monkey4 Two face certainly can't count on his, because Batman threw coins up. He died of his own stupidity.

...OMG...are you telling me that....Joel schumacher...actually did something right that the other two didn't?:horror
Are you telling me that he was the only one who made Batman not kill anyone!? OMG.:monkey4 Two face certainly can't count on his, because Batman threw coins up. He died of his own stupidity.

Let's be fair here. Shumacher killed Batman. :tap

Let's be fair here. Shumacher killed Batman. :tap

Exactly. I have a love/hate relationship with the Schumacher Batman films. Burton's were fantasy, and Schumacher was over the top ridiculous. But if it wasn't for old Joel, WB wouldn't have realized the best thing to do was start over.

So thank you Joel, for (indirectly) giving us Nolan. :yess:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back