Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

You're despicable,

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhvTUhqJR5M"]YouTube - ‪diet coke commercial from batman 1989‬‏[/ame]

I want an 80's style Diet Coke can with a cape on it as an accessory!

I'm thinking positive- specs/pics in July- release of both by November!!!!!!!

I remember those commercials, crazy!

Just saw the Batman Begins Toy Fair exclusive... amazing, I hope we get a Keaton Batman like that figure, interchangeable expressions(I want a serious, smirk and battle damaged)... ah!!!

hahaha yes indeed...
In TDK of course after tossing Joker over the edge he saves him. I think this was deliberate in contrast to 89 Batman which is more Miller's The Dark Knight Returns inspired and Batman has no issues killing. Whereas, Nolan's version is firmly of the no killing variety

Actually, I think that scene is much more a deliberate reference and contrast to the end of "Batman Begins," when Batman lets Ra's die - he doesn't go out of his way to save him, so Ra's falls with the train. In "The Dark Knight," Batman DOES go out of his way to save the Joker, even though he didn't have to (flipping the Joker over the edge was an act of self-defense).

The reference is cemented by the music - the exact same musical cue (with the three horn sounds) plays during both moments, when Batman chooses what to do (or what not to do, in the case of leaving Ra's to die).

It's showing how Batman has grown and become even more of a hero in the time between films - he's now willing to save the life of his own worst enemy.

Not exactly.

If he didn't save the Joker, technically that would have been killing him (Batman threw him OVER after shooting him, remember). So it's not like with Ras unless the Joker was about to die from his own doing, i.e trip over the rail and then have Batman save him.

You're right about the music though, but I think that has alot to do with a lack of inspiration on Zimmer's part. The identical music is more a recycle of themes that could be called "final battle music" than actual themes for development of characters.

The music when Bruce starts developing Batman in Begins (building his weapons, making the costume etc.) is recycled and "borrowed" for when Bruce is preparing to apprehend Lau in TDK. Hell, part of Dent's "theme" used to be Bruce Wayne's in Begins.

Hope we see pics at SDCC in a few weeks. This would make ComicCon for me!

Actually, I think that scene is much more a deliberate reference and contrast to the end of "Batman Begins," when Batman lets Ra's die - he doesn't go out of his way to save him, so Ra's falls with the train. In "The Dark Knight," Batman DOES go out of his way to save the Joker, even though he didn't have to (flipping the Joker over the edge was an act of self-defense).

The reference is cemented by the music - the exact same musical cue (with the three horn sounds) plays during both moments, when Batman chooses what to do (or what not to do, in the case of leaving Ra's to die).

It's showing how Batman has grown and become even more of a hero in the time between films - he's now willing to save the life of his own worst enemy.

Not exactly.

If he didn't save the Joker, technically that would have been killing him (Batman threw him OVER after shooting him, remember). So it's not like with Ras unless the Joker was about to die from his own doing, i.e trip over the rail and then have Batman save him.

You're right about the music though, but I think that has alot to do with a lack of inspiration on Zimmer's part. The identical music is more a recycle of themes that could be called "final battle music" than actual themes for development of characters.

The music when Bruce starts developing Batman in Begins (building his weapons, making the costume etc.) is recycled and "borrowed" for when Bruce is preparing to apprehend Lau in TDK. Hell, part of Dent's "theme" used to be Bruce Wayne's in Begins.

Interesting but I still think it is more a direct reference to 89 Batman, but it can be seen as one to Begins also. I can buy that.

Regarding the Zimmer score, that's what I actually love about it, the way it is modified slightly and yet gives a very different effect depending on what's added and what context it's used in.

I love how the Begins score was understated, deliberately so because Batman was just starting out and was not the full hero he is destined to be.

In TDK we hear it fleshed out a lot more and actually at the end of it the final ques sound very 'full blown' heroic as he's zooming into the light on the Batpod.

Can't wait to see how it is developed further in the finale.

I think we are going to see pics on SDCC.I want this to come different mouths like Batman Begins exclusive comes.Smirk,neutral and angry.

It seems to be the new trend for Hot Toys with their Batman figures. I can definitely see it happening with Batman.

The neutral Batman scowl that Keaton had is definitely a given, but I'd love to see two more of any of these,

- Angry
- Sadistic Grin
- Battle Damaged (Batwing shrapnel wounds)

It seems to be the new trend for Hot Toys with their Batman figures. I can definitely see it happening with Batman.

The neutral Batman scowl that Keaton had is definitely a given, but I'd love to see two more of any of these,

- Angry
- Sadistic Grin
- Battle Damaged (Batwing shrapnel wounds)

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I know its thinking a bit ahead but I'm suddenly so hoping they do a Batman Returns run.

I don't think I could resist 'the bat, the cat, the penguin' (as the tagline said) in that winter Gotham theme.

that would be great but i only see them doing returns batman and catwoman. can't see them doing penguin as they don't seem to do small characters.

Honestly, I'm thrilled to see this happening for the simple fact that what HT has done with Batman has been their coolest stuff yet IMO. The Bat-Pod, the Tumbler, both DX's, as well as the pseudo-DX that is the Begins exclusive, hell, even their lesser releases, like Two-Face are exceptional.

The fact that these will most likely hit in 2012, not to mention TDKR, means a double dose of Batman.:yess::yess::yess:

Or maybe they'll just put 1989 Batman on hold/abandon it and put all their efforts into The Dark Knight Rises. It's getting really close. I really don't see them putting out product for both simultaneously and let's be honest, if they had to choose between one Batman or the other, which are they going to choose? The Batman Begins and Dark Knight license have been kind to them, in fact it's one of the reasons they're so renowned as a collectible company. It put them on the map.

I'm sure at this point they have some references for Bane, Catwoman and Batman himself too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back