1/6 Hot Toys - BATMAN (1989) - Bob "The Goon"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DX14 is a very nice figure but that version of Joker wasn't high on people's list of wants maybe? I think I know why Hot Toys chose it - because it's probably the most distinct look from the one they'd already released in DX08. But the fact is more people wanted his Museum look and his flesh-tone makeup gangster look.

The Batman Returns Batman took much longer to materialise than was expected given it was announced in 2012 and when it did finally come out it was half-assed compared to other figures. Look at all the special work that went into the Batfleck figure to maintain aesthetic while keeping him articulated. The Batman Returns figure is essentially a 1:6 scale Sideshow PF. It can't move. And it really didn't need to be that way. Add to that the terrible Keaton sculpt and the lack of variety of expression in the mouth-pieces - 2 of them are virtually identical when there were reference pics aplenty for obvious alternatives from the film. It wasn't Hot Toys best work and the fact it took so long to come out in the first place compounded this.

And Bob the Goon coming out (maybe) doesn't change the fact that there's still no (far more requested) Penguin and Catwoman - both of whom were quite understandably assumed to be coming when Hot Toys originally announced the license. Personally I see nothing wrong with people bringing them up now.
Man, I haven't followed the feedback on the Returns figure closely at all, but tried to buy one on a whim when I saw a good deal a few days ago. My order was cancelled without explanation, and I was a bit bummed. Now, maybe I'm glad :lol

To all the naysayers:
Bob is a more interesting figure than Bruce Wayne, Alfred, Gordon and John Nobody Blake.
Reality hurts but it is what it is.
HDlIbVb.gif

How many sleepless nights have I stayed up, wondering what made Bob tick.

This is a custom "prototype" that won't be made......seriously do you think this has MASS appeal that HT requires anymore to produce?

I think this figure is just a display piece....maybe a limited EX or something like that. I really can't see that many people interested in Bob the Goon. Even some of the fans of the film who own the HT 89 Batman figures won't buy this guy, so who's the target audience when you have so many other brands and new movie figures available or coming out in the near future. I don't know how much it costs HT to make and sell a figure, but I can't see a huge demand for this guy. I think a Two Face 2.0, Ras, Catwoman, Penguin, new Jack and Ledger, and even the Forever villains would be more popular options than Bob.

And "Mr.Grin" and "Stan the Eyeball Man" have mass appeal?
but they have not been officially announced so they are probably one-offs too

I'm not going to argue they'll for sure be made, but it seems like Hot Toys intended to back in July. They had placards with their names, "$TBD," and "Shipping TBD" in San Diego, just like the other Suicide Squad figures.

Old school fans get it. Bob completes the holy trinity of the Batman Toy Biz line. We need this figure!

Honestly, this is the most exciting figure reveal for me since Batman Returns Batman. I hope it's really going into production. Sell it with a Museum Joker if you have to, but make Bob a reality, Hot Toys!

(Also, I'm super stoked about the 66 Joker. That likeness is perfect!)

I'm not going to argue they'll for sure be made, but it seems like Hot Toys intended to back in July. They had placards with their names, "$TBD," and "Shipping TBD" in San Diego, just like the other Suicide Squad figures..

Yep. If they're making an Eyeball guy that didn't even make it into a movie that only earned a lukewarm reception, Batman 89 certainly deserves to have thugs made first...

Also, am I the only one who would totally buy that Joker copter? I know it's chances are probably non-existent, but I'd shell out for that thing. Just image Joker with his megaphone leaning out of it, hanging from your ceiling above Batman and the Batmobile. Perfect display right there...

Old school fans get it. Bob completes the holy trinity of the Batman Toy Biz line. We need this figure!

Honestly, this is the most exciting figure reveal for me since Batman Returns Batman. I hope it's really going into production. Sell it with a Museum Joker if you have to, but make Bob a reality, Hot Toys!

(Also, I'm super stoked about the 66 Joker. That likeness is perfect!)

Old school fan here myself. Watched the 66 show on reruns in early 70's and saw 89 film in the summer after I graduated high school. I would totally buy a Bob and museum Joker 2 pack. Plus that Romero Joker is awesome!! Like a kid all over again!

Well if they can make "Giant Eyeball guy" or "Super Mario Chomper guy" for Leto's Joker, I don't see why this would be any different. I wanted a Museum Jack Joker, maybe we'll get it along with this and of course this headsculpt

wonderfultoys.gif

Back