Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is very exciting. Missed Ver1 all those years ago and always regetted it. I'm definitely getting this one. I'm one of those silly collectors who likes to keep the brown box in good condition. Any place you could recommend that would ship this doubleboxed or at least like timcent88 packaging (bubblewrapped into oblivion) besides BBTS? Thanks

Jazzinc seems to listen more to feedback than Hot Toys. Hot Toys only acts when there is a massive backlash. Price cannot definitely compare between the two but competition will definitely bring the best product to the customer.

Of course jazz inc listens more to the customers. it's two guys who makes things on demand, not a 'huge' company that makes batches of thousands of figures at a time.

Seems almost pointless but I just ordered with one of those $20 coupons that Sideshow emails out after you receive an order so those codes do work on this for now if anyone was wondering. This is the bestselling item on the list of those eligible.

I don’t think I’d buy re-issues. I can’t get past Doc’s expression and Marty looking off to the side. Still hoping they release the teased locomotive shirt and brown pants Doc with a new head sculpt.

This is very exciting. Missed Ver1 all those years ago and always regetted it. I'm definitely getting this one. I'm one of those silly collectors who likes to keep the brown box in good condition. Any place you could recommend that would ship this doubleboxed or at least like timcent88 packaging (bubblewrapped into oblivion) besides BBTS? Thanks

Long time lurker, second time posting. I just want to say, I'm also one of those silly collectors.

I originally bought the Version 1 DeLorean from Sideshow. Ended up receiving the item with a huge hole that went through the brown shipper box and the version one box. Returned it and bought it from BBTS. It was double box from BBTS, but you do get some of the wear and tear on the brown shipper box.

This is great but I had the pt.1 and returned it due to a few defects. I wasn’t really impressed with it. It felt a bit cheap for a premium product.
can you please elaborate on what felt cheap, i'm genuinely curious. If any owners of the first release car to share their opinion of the firs piece please chime in. I missed the Pt 1 Delorean and seeing this is available, i think i want it.

for me, this car is the greatest car in the history of cinema. Better than the Batmobies, Ecto-1, Christine, Bullitt Mustang...the only car that comes close is The Wraith, but i'd still give the Time Machine the edge.

Of course jazz inc listens more to the customers. it's two guys who makes things on demand, not a 'huge' company that makes batches of thousands of figures at a time.

The point is that it's good for the customers and good pr for the company. It doesn't matter how big or small the company is. When announced, these are still prototypes and I don't believe they're way in the later stages of production so they can make changes. We know Hot Toys has been able to do that and fix inaccuracies whether by their own initiative or by fan feedback (with the threat of the product not selling well).

Anyway, BTTF II Doc and Marty 2.0 should hopefully accompany his release.

Surprised more people aren't talking about the need for Marty and Doc reissues to go with the car.
I'm surprised as well. This doesn't 100% go with the two versions that they announced/released last year. They do a Part 1 Marty/Doc, Part 3 Marty/Doc and then a Part 2 $900 Delorean?

I'm hoping this announcement means that they're gonna do a reissue of Part 2 Marty/Doc this year. Or maybe even a small 2.0 with a new sculpt for Marty/Doc. Seems odd to just release this Delorean on its own but that is Hot Toys motto.

Last edited:
can you please elaborate on what felt cheap, i'm genuinely curious. If any owners of the first release car to share their opinion of the firs piece please chime in. I missed the Pt 1 Delorean and seeing this is available, i think i want it.

for me, this car is the greatest car in the history of cinema. Better than the Batmobies, Ecto-1, Christine, Bullitt Mustang...the only car that comes close is The Wraith, but i'd still give the Time Machine the edge.
I wouldn't say cheap. But it's definitely missing a lot of interior detail from the movie and the fact the dash doesn't light up is a bit annoying. The other lights are all still working perfectly fine on mine though.

It's well worth picking up if you can afford it and absolutely need it in your collection, but personally I wouldn't want to pay more than $1200 for it myself.

Last edited:
Yes, you get 100% refund.
Thank you.
I'm still on the fence... Not 100% sure I really need this, having already 3 large space consuming monsters in the house ('89 batmobile and 2 of Kaneda's bikes). Though a very good price could totally, 100%, absolutely & definitely persuade me.
I figured out that ordering from a local reseller would only be about $60 more compared to the Toys Wonderland price (after shipping, VAT & fees)... For that small a difference, I think it is better to let the local reseller bear the risk of importing the car from HK to EU. If it get's lost or damaged in transit, it's on him.

Ugh, not to be overly nitpicky, but I really wish they had chosen a better location for the USB port on this, instead of having the wire just hang down from the front like that. Surely it could have been hidden behind one of the stand supports instead?
My first though when I saw it. No attempt to make the dangling cable discreet at all and neglectful cable management is a big pet peeve of mine.
The placement should be right by one of the stand legs so it can run down alongside it or they could have had another slot at the back of the base itself and the support legs carry the power up to the car.
For every cool feature there’s an element of half-asses-ness somewhere else.

I have the first version. I feel I'm going to end up getting this one too. Just takes up a lot of space.

If you want this enclosed in a display case right about now would be a good time to order an appropriately sized Moducase. I'm waiting on some right now and I believe it's going to take 8 months or more from when I ordered them.

Pre-ordered this with OSK, even though i have the 1st release. My plan is to mod the 1st one with better wheel retraction (motorized), increased headroom, more lighting and greater detailing all-round. This will take a while, so Pt.2 will stand in for the time being. Once my modded one is complete, i'll re-sell Pt.2.

Back