Hot Toys Back to the Future DX?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a shameful missed opportunity then. These should come out in 2015 at the very latest. To miss that BTTF II connection would be...just...I don't even wanna..

I completely agree. I have little faith though the way HT is going abt classics... We will see lesser and lesser as they cater to all the plethora of big banner releases coming up...

We'll see both in 2015 but seriously. No Doc? Just Marty and DeLorean? Hopefully we'll see Doc but other than that I'm excited about this but still a long ways to go.

Really looking forward to getting Marty, but really hope we get a Doc figure at some point - it'll be very disappointing if he doesn't get made. :(

That would be a shameful missed opportunity then. These should come out in 2015 at the very latest. To miss that BTTF II connection would be...just...I don't even wanna..

:exactly: couldn't agree more.

Really looking forward to getting Marty, but really hope we get a Doc figure at some point - it'll be very disappointing if he doesn't get made. :(

I daresay any interest I have in purchasing the line is predicated on whether or not Doc is also made. He's as important as Marty in these films. If they don't make Doc, I might use that as an excuse to save my money and buy none of it.

I daresay any interest I have in purchasing the line is predicated on whether or not Doc is also made. He's as important as Marty in these films. If they don't make Doc, I might use that as an excuse to save my money and buy none of it.

Same. Not inviting Doc to the party = I won't go either.

Did they require the rights to Christopher Lloyd's likeness at all?

Bri

Looks like they're definitely still on the table!

06527D2D-4CFE-40DE-9E2D-87B2D09D7E57.jpg

Isn't this the fake interview they did on April 1st?

Not having doc to go with marty is like not having burt ward robin to go with Adam West batman. It just wouldn't make any sense.

Or Barney Ross without the Expendables... oh wait...

Not having doc to go with marty is like not having burt ward robin to go with Adam West batman. It just wouldn't make any sense.

:exactly: they need to do both. As much as I want a Marty in my collection, no Doc = no purchase!

The question is how friendly is Christopher Lloyd with merchandise? Is there a lot of products with his face or is it just cartoons?

There's nothing that I know of but he does do Conventions and appearances regularly so I don't see why he would be against it.

Why does it always seem like these Hot Toys interviews are done in the bathroom while they re taking a piss?

I agree, you cant have one without the other. Id rather have Doc than the Delorean.
Its such a damn shame HT has focused so much on Marvel.
If TV Batman and Robin sell well, im sure HT will continue to put out interesting figs other than marvel.

It's hard enough to get anything out of Hot Toys Ass. They never tell us anything that we would like to know. They say it in short words and leave us with that. If we don't get Doc it's going to be hard. I still probably will get Marty and the DeLorean but I hope they realize that they still can make money off of Doc. They better play this smart or else there will be hell to pay.

While I don't think their sales of Martly/DeLorean would be strongly affected one way or the other by keeping Doc out, I do think the whole license is a secondary concern to them. Some random Iron Man variant, reusing some mold for the 5th or 6th time would probably garner more sales than all the BTTF stuff combined.

I would like to think that they could release and rerelease the Delorean (V1 with nuclear reactor/v2 with Mr. Fusion, etc) but would probably be a hard sell for most of their markets who don't really know the differences. Iron Man and Batman have been HUGE overseas...BTTF not so much.

While I don't think their sales of Martly/DeLorean would be strongly affected one way or the other by keeping Doc out, I do think the whole license is a secondary concern to them. Some random Iron Man variant, reusing some mold for the 5th or 6th time would probably garner more sales than all the BTTF stuff combined.

:exactly:............. While i find it annoying as hell that they put so much time into Marvel figs instead of figs like these or the Godfather, they must be making TONS off they're Marvel license. In the end business is business. Im focusing on my own private builds and a few, because of the costs, customs figs that are sold in short runs.

What a depressing thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back