Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I went over to Petco and sure enough like you said the dimensions listed on a Sideshow's site would only fit in the 40g. It just seems insane to me. I have no idea where I would be able to put such a thing in my apartment. I've currently got Marty in like a football helmet case (along with unrelated prop replica I have) and it's already taking up quite a bit of space.

Make a coffee table out of it like someone did with the Tumbler...

I was confused because we were talking about fish tanks not coffee tables.

Paying attention helps :peace

andrei_own_delorean_dmc_fail_1.jpg
New In Hand photo :)

Last edited:
Yep will have mine on a open shelf for now. The silver wont show much dust as the 89 car attract's. I only just started using the rotating base riser on the 89 car because wasnt sure if the rubber wheels would get any deformation resting in same place on display. Do we think should keep kinda raised without the wheel's resting ? I only bring up because i know it can happen if left in same position for a long extended time like many ,many years it would take to deform the wheel's. Am i being too paranoid about the wheel's ? THoughts ?

Again only bring up after seeing other toycar wheel's like r.c cars have had it deformed after long periods of rest ,but those wheels are a softer rubber.

I have had my 89 Batmobile sitting inside a glass display case I made since 8/2013. During Christmas time I decided to rebuild my display. I checked my tires and dont see any "flatten" deformation in the area they have been sitting. The floor of my Display case was a Frosted Glass so maybe the coldness of the Glass helped with keeping them in the same formation as when I received it back in 2013.

My new display involves an elaborate Besta configuration spanning across the room I have my collectibles in. I have my Batmobile placed on top of one of my 47" wide Besta units. So now the Tires sit on the Melamine foil wrapped top the Besta has. This new surface will be warmer than glass, so I will keep an eye on the rubber.

I dont know if the DeLorean rubber tires will be made from the same rubber as the 89 Batmobile so we will have to see how they hold up over time. I know companies are now adding Silicone to the rubber mixture to prolong the lifespan. Adding silicone makes the tires a little softer so I dont know if they will do this, or have done this already with the 89 Batmobile tires as they seem kind of strong.

:goodpost: either way because I was worried about the rubber to :hi5:

Last edited:
all the hype about this vehicle seems to have died down fast, Is it because people are disappointed in the final product itself?

all the hype about this vehicle seems to have died down fast, Is it because people are disappointed in the final product itself?

Don't mistake the blathering of a few people on here throwing the dummy out the pram as evidence that the fanbase has deserted it, lol.
It's an expensive piece. When it's sold out and $1400 on the secondary market, they'll all wish they got it now, hehe.

No. It's just the calm before the storm. It released in HK but sideshow has yet to start shipping them out. Once SS gets a hold of them I imagine we will see renewed interest.

^^ Same as these two. Plus, all the hate gets boring to read and argue with. . .

Back