HOT TOYS "AVP" FIGURES - Give Some Love to the Classics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it all depends on what the term classic means to you. I really only consider P1 and P2 to be classics at this point. All the rest are Johnny-come-latelies at this point in time, to me.

Oh, by all means, P1 and P2 are the classic characters. The use of that word in this thread refers to the figures themselves.

I have the same thoughts about the figures, they're just not old enough for me to consider them as classics yet.

I agree with the term classic for thread referring to the AVP Pred figures being old and one of the first that HT made. Movie wise I can't see AVP ever reaching iconic "classic" status. But yea figures wise, HT has come a very very long way with the Predator Franchise.

Thought I'd share a lil something I did to a recast chopper bio I got on ebay. The seller painted it to resemble the original chopper bio but with a snowy powder on it. So I gave it a repaint of my own. I wouldn't have had the guts to do this to an original chopper bio tho.

2chls3k.jpg

x4r7yv.jpg

im liking the new version of the preds i have the lost pred and compared to my shadow and berserker i think it's a piece of ____ you can tell how much they have improved over the years on that note im looking to sell the parts on my lost pred pm if your looking for some bits to make a custom predc peace

I wonder if the old P2 armor will fit the new Shadow Pred body. Thinking about customizing my old P2 into a custom Gort or something since I'm selling my Guardian.

This thread just got way off course and I never do that so back to the Convo about the AVP figs. I'm still waiting on TD to make his Scar bio. I still love my AVP figs. At least they're not a midget predator like the P1.

I put an ad in "want to buy" section but figured I'd throw it out here too.

116pbmd.jpg

Pic above shows what I've got so far. If you have any parts that I need shoot me a pm and let's talk. If you have multiple items and are willing to cut me a deal then definately pm me :wink1:

I had some of them on order from Sideshow but ended up cancelling/refusing them upon delivery. I don't remember exactly why but wish I had them now.

when the day comes where you and blade start selling off the "classics" it'll be the end of the AVP era lol...=(

The end is nigh my friend. I'll keep some. I think the last one I will keep is the Asia Ancient. Still my favorite out of the entire line. But I really do have too many AVP preds and I need to make room for newer stuff. I only have 6 detolfs. Very limited space.

Back