HOT TOYS "AVP" FIGURES - Give Some Love to the Classics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question guys , i bought an AVP scar armor on ebay wich cost me a lot of money , but since it was complete i went for it , then the seller contacted me and said that he also had a body head , body net , feet ,hands and a head and he wanted to make a deal off ebay , i was ok since everything sounded it good and he wanted less money than what i already paid for the armor .

he sent the items i bought on ebay via airmail and told me it will take between 1-2 weeks before i get it , i was allright , but the rest of the items i bough them 5 days later so i said sent me everything vis EMS and ill pay the extra , after i made the payment like 12 hours later , he refunded the money for the items sent via EMS , and said that he sold the body to someone else and it was not for sale anymore , I was like ok , then justs sell me the rest which he did.

few days later (6) the EMS package arrived but guess what it was missing the feet and hands , i complained to him , he said he was sorry and that he made a mistake , I also asked him for the items i bought on ebay , he said that they shouldnt take more than 2-3 more days , so far its been 11 days and still nothing , when i asked the seller again for a tracking # so i could see where the items were he said that i didnt require that when i bought the items on ebay and that he wouldnt know when the items will arrive , to resume everything: i have only the second items that i bought from him (partially) and no the ones from ebay and its been 11 days

ebay transaction paid on the 23 items shipped on the 25 he said (not recieved yet)

first transaction off ebay , money refunded but on temporary hold for 6 days (still havent cleared out )

second transaction off ebay paid on the 29 recieved on the 3rd of november but incomplete .

should i complaint to paypal? to get the money back on the ebay transaction or should i wait a couple more days?

Sounds like a scam to me. How do you forget the hands and feet? :(

I know that is what i exactly told this person , the only thing that bothers me is that he has a perfect ebay score and i dont want to open a case and that will hurt him in any way , or leaving him a bad feedback , but i dont know , he is also very agressive when i asked him if he could go to the post office and find out some information

My AVP Elder :)

img9290f.jpg

img9291yq.jpg

img9294.jpg

img9293j.jpg

img9292b.jpg

img9295h.jpg

img9296y.jpg

img9297.jpg

Now that is a great looking Elder, did you do any repainting to enhance his features?? Yours came out better than mine! :clap

Seeing the Predator Elder and his "son" totally flashed a scene of 'Son of Godzilla' through my head :)

I didn't even know what the unmasked Elder cosbaby looked like... rather badass IMO. Reminds me of the P2 Elder's face, more than the AVP one.

Really? Huh, it looked pretty legit. Although I have to admit, I've never heard of them doing an Elder, so...

Wow, that's cool.

Remember that Celtic Pred that caused a ____ storm a couple of months ago. Well he finally came back home. Not without some trouble and some repairs. Sorry for the bad pic.

Photo0651_EDIT_EDIT_EDIT.jpg

I forgot where I read it but I remember Asia was only about 350 pieces or so. So yea, it is mega rare.

I think it was limited to 100 (or 150) pieces for US distributed by sideshow. Yes, it was insanely limited. I didnt bother to buy it because i was such a poor college student and finally opted for sideshow exclusive version.

The difference is minor anyway (only the mask). But then, when wolf came out, I just got my first job and used my first paycheck to complete my collection.

I bought asia version for $275. I thought I was an idiot at that time. but I AM GLAD THAT I BOUGHT HIM FOR THAT MUCH, look how much he is selling for currently. he can easily sell for $500 - 600. WTF.

FUNNY thing is that i had chance to buy 2 of them but only bought 1. if i knew this i would have bought all 2 and sell one of them to make quick cash (evil greedy mode ON :nana:)

That's exactly when I said when I got started on the AVP Preds. I said just Scar. Main guy. Gotta have him. Then got a great deal for Celtic. Sure why not. Then got a deal for Chopper. Cool got my main 3. Then Elder from a boardie here. Then Ancient from a boardie here. Then saw a decent deal for Asia and looked at my AVP collection and thought, "I have all the others, I should get this too." Now I have them all (minus Ani-Com Scar) and I don't regret it a bit. HT Preds FTW!

I also have similar experience LOL. it was too funny if i remembered it.

I remember when i read announcement of hot toys making predator (only scar and celtic at that time). I looked at the price, $129.99. DAMN. too expensive. I was a college student back then. Back at the day, people can even buy scar for as low as $115. and nowadays, look at the price of hot toys figures. $150 easily, what a bummer.

and then, i started to read reviews from people all over the internet raving how beautiful these 2 predator figures are. I finally succumbed. I went ahead and bought 2 of them. So many people started to jack up the price and i was lucky to be able to get both scar and celtic at normal price at that point.

i remembered i was trembling when i bought those 2 since money was super tight at that time. and then, Summer started and i worked part time at school and raised a lil bit of money. then chopper and elder was announced, i was like , okay this is going to be the last one. Besides, who else are they going to release.

and then, HT kept coming with new predator, I was like crying. ancient was released, etc. and fast forward, I have all predators now except the scar anicom, BD predator 2, Regular wolf predator (mine s cleaner kit).

I also hate the design of new predator. I wont be collecting them.

and 4 days ago, just picked up NEW gort predator for $315. i FEEL LIKE A JACKASS FOR PAYING THIS MUCH for this exclusive figure.

costum20elder202.jpg

costum20elder3.jpg

costum20elder.jpg

costume20elder204.jpg

This is my super elder costum , well i know its missing some parts and is a work in progress

missing : arms and arm joints , feet , neck ring
I was supposed to get all those parts like 10 days ago but i was scammed and i am still waiting for a avp armor to complete it

also the spear not picture is a custom made from scratch but again is a work in progress

Back