1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: Endgame Iron Patriot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they let War Machine loose in the movie with all of his weaponry, this figure will would be an even bigger deal. Missed opportunity. Maybe Armor Wars will bring this with an OG color scheme.
That's what I'm hoping for. I'm really happy with the War Machine I have, and normally don't double dip per character, but if they make this in WM colors for Armor Wars, I may have to have it.

That's what I'm hoping for. I'm really happy with the War Machine I have, and normally don't double dip per character, but if they make this in WM colors for Armor Wars, I may have to have it.
Or could be a Con exclusive next year! An expensive one!

I own WM mark I and IV. Need an IP in my collection and happy how it turned out. Excited to get this. Can’t wait to see what Armor Wars will have for us.

Not sure if it's just bad positioning in those blogger shots but his shoulder pads are sticking out quite a bit compared to how "flush" they were in the movie and even on the prototype.
(sorry for the bad quality)

View attachment 538289View attachment 538290
This is bugging me too. Here's what the shoulder assembly looks like from the unboxing video:
K2tzFyM.png

I really hope that upper grey joint can move lower as that seems to be what's preventing the shoulders from sitting flush against the arms.

Gotta love all the complaining, as usual...
The dumbest one is this whole "he's too short" complaint.

He is the SAME HEIGHT as the Mark IV and Mark VI War Machine.
It's the SAME PERSON in the suit. How in the hell is he too short?!

When he lands where Tony is laying after the snap, you can see he is not
some gargantuan tall suit compared to the suits before... he is wider, not taller.

It boggles the mind how people don't actually check into things before
throwing out non-issues just for the sake of it.

The color is subjective, I don't mind it at all... it is supposed to be the
big brother of Iron Patriot Mark I, and those colors were similar to this one.

Overall, Hot Toys did an awesome job recreating this armor from the CG models.
Adding the extra LED's was a nice touch, as well.
It's a unique armor, and will stand out really well in the display.
That is spot on! How does any sane person expect this one to be taller than mk4/6 when the guy inside is the same height (if anything Rhodey could be a couple of inches shorter than mk1-3 days due to his ruptured spine). Don't people think logically when posting stuff like that? sigh.

The armor looks gorgeous in those colors - would really pop on a well-lit shelf.

Another video. This one isn’t in English but shows a person everything they’d want to see.

Jesus, this figure is just gorgeous. First time I actually consider ordering an Iron Partiot/War Machine figure from Hot Toys.

Shoulder pads still sticking out, not looking good on that front. 😰
Are people really surprised that the shoulder isn't as good as the prototype? It's the exact same thing that they ****** up on with the Mark 85.

Also a cool photoshopped version of this figure with OG War Machine colors.

242178799_10223853162530264_4409303936303099108_n.jpg

Are people really surprised that the shoulder isn't as good as the prototype? It's the exact same thing that they ****** up on with the Mark 85.
Honestly I'm surprised that we got away with just that. Also, it doesn't seem to be as bad as 85's shoulders so I think I'll give it a pass considering they did it for articulation purposes. I hope it's just the reviewers not giving a **** about angling them properly and with enough fiddling around you could get them to sit decently. That aside, I think it turned out great.

Honestly I'm surprised that we got away with just that. Also, it doesn't seem to be as bad as 85's shoulders so I think I'll give it a pass considering they did it for articulation purposes. I hope it's just the reviewers not giving a **** about angling them properly and with enough fiddling around you could get them to sit decently. That aside, I think it turned out great.
I mean is anyone really going to leave this figure posed with his arms down by his sides anyhow? The moment you put his arms in an action pose, the question of how tight the shoulder panels sit against the body becomes irrelevant.

I mean is anyone really going to leave this figure posed with his arms down by his sides anyhow? The moment you put his arms in an action pose, the question of how tight the shoulder panels sit against the body becomes irrelevant.
I've been waiting 2.5 years to put Rocket on this guy to recreate their emergence from the rubble in Endgame. So no, this guy is not going to be in a museum pose. He WILL likely have both feet on the ground as he looks to chonky to be in flight...

I've been waiting 2.5 years to put Rocket on this guy to recreate their emergence from the rubble in Endgame. So no, this guy is not going to be in a museum pose. He WILL likely have both feet on the ground as he looks to chonky to be in flight...
From Justin’s video review:

42230881-99AD-4FBE-B883-0F8DB9CF3118.jpeg

Also a cool photoshopped version of this figure with OG War Machine colors.

242178799_10223853162530264_4409303936303099108_n.jpg

What could have been. Why did Marvel decide to change to Iron Patriot colors during production baffles me. Clearly with the concept art, it was meant to be in War Machine colors. Was it too dark to be seen during the fight scene? I mean, the lighting during the fight was clearly dark so maybe the colors didn't pop out that well?

Back