1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: Endgame Iron Patriot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more from the artbook.
34cd5cb80c4169326a75a7cb9ad749d5.jpg

Funny that first one is a dead ringer for the first Marvel Legends EG WM release, even down to the hokey shotguns stuck to the arms. Less artistic license than I thought on Hasbros part

The Avengers: Endgame script confirms that War Machine is now Earth's most powerful Avenger. The final battle in Avengers: Endgame saw Colonel James Rupert "Rhodey" Rhodes suit-up in a brand new armor, one never before seen in the MCU. Inspired by the Iron Patriot armor he wore back in Iron Man 3, the updated armor he wore in Avengers had considerably more firepower.

Little by little, though, Marvel Studios is gradually revealing just how powerful the new Iron Patriot armor really is. Marvel recently released the full script for Avengers: Endgame; in it, Rhodey's exoskeletal suit is referred to "Cosmic Iron Patriot" armor. Until now, viewers had assumed this was just another Stark-created powered exoskeleton, but it looks as though this isn't the case. Instead, this new Iron Patriot costume has been upgraded with alien technology, potentially from either Rocket or Captain Marvel. That presumably means the Cosmic Iron Patriot has weapons that are beyond anything else on Earth ? potentially even beyond Tony Stark's imagination.

The Art of Avengers: Endgame reveals just how much thought Marvel put into the Cosmic Iron Patriot armor. "I decided to have different levels of situational readiness akin to the military's DEFCON threat levels," concept sculptor Adam Ross explained. Concept art shows various different iterations, as additional rockets pop out, or some sort of energy weapons unsheathe on the shoulders. According to Marvel, the War Machine is designed to take on literal armies.

Oddly enough, Rhodey didn't play a major role in the Avengers' war against Thanos and his forces. That's probably because Marvel heavily edited this final fight, removing a full aerial battle.

The Avengers: Endgame script confirms that War Machine is now Earth's most powerful Avenger. The final battle in Avengers: Endgame saw Colonel James Rupert "Rhodey" Rhodes suit-up in a brand new armor, one never before seen in the MCU. Inspired by the Iron Patriot armor he wore back in Iron Man 3, the updated armor he wore in Avengers had considerably more firepower.

Little by little, though, Marvel Studios is gradually revealing just how powerful the new Iron Patriot armor really is. Marvel recently released the full script for Avengers: Endgame; in it, Rhodey's exoskeletal suit is referred to "Cosmic Iron Patriot" armor. Until now, viewers had assumed this was just another Stark-created powered exoskeleton, but it looks as though this isn't the case. Instead, this new Iron Patriot costume has been upgraded with alien technology, potentially from either Rocket or Captain Marvel. That presumably means the Cosmic Iron Patriot has weapons that are beyond anything else on Earth ? potentially even beyond Tony Stark's imagination.

The Art of Avengers: Endgame reveals just how much thought Marvel put into the Cosmic Iron Patriot armor. "I decided to have different levels of situational readiness akin to the military's DEFCON threat levels," concept sculptor Adam Ross explained. Concept art shows various different iterations, as additional rockets pop out, or some sort of energy weapons unsheathe on the shoulders. According to Marvel, the War Machine is designed to take on literal armies.

Oddly enough, Rhodey didn't play a major role in the Avengers' war against Thanos and his forces. That's probably because Marvel heavily edited this final fight, removing a full aerial battle.

such a pity that we'll never know the full extent of the suit's capabilities, since i don't think we'll see this iteration of WM/IP on the big screen again for the foreseeable future. didn't even see him pull off a a regular repulsor blast or something :slap

More powerful than Captain Marvel, Hulk, Scarlet Witch, and Doctor Strange?
I mean, if you want to split hairs here... One could make the argument that Captain Marvel and Dr Strange aren't "officially" Avengers yet, I guess? And perhaps Banner gave up some of Hulks strength on exchange for maintaining intelligence?

But yeah, more powerful than Wanda doesn't track XD

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm trying to think like Marvel and why SW would not be and the only thing i can think of is they are talking before they brought everyone back. So no Strange or SW.

I would definitely say it would have been Rocket as the obvious person who upgraded the armor. And as I think it through now, it makes the most sense. Rocket would have done it just to amuse himself.

In other words, rocket > justin hammer

Looks good, but now that I see it with an unmasked sculpt it really emphasizes how big the armor is compared to the man that would be inside and how difficult it would be to operate. His arms would either have to be down by his sides or sticking straight out at a 90 decree angle and then bent at the elbows in order to fit into the arms of the armor. I guess I'll just have to back to suspending disbelief.

Looks good, but now that I see it with an unmasked sculpt it really emphasizes how big the armor is compared to the man that would be inside and how difficult it would be to operate. His arms would either have to be down by his sides or sticking straight out at a 90 decree angle and then bent at the elbows in order to fit into the arms of the armor. I guess I'll just have to back to suspending disbelief.

Maybe they should have saved this suit for when the Fantastic Four enters the MCU. Rhodey could have told Reed, "Hey, I think Tony made this FOR YOU".

Back