1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: Endgame Iron Patriot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe we're about to get bombarded with delay notices again by Sideshow on HT figures. with the New Year break coming, shipping a mess and no notifications for the following figures that all have March release date estimates, I'd say IP is a Q3 hope at best. I say that because of these March release estimates, Cap, IG-11, Spidey Upgraded Suit and Heavy Mando were all shown as "coming soon" recently by HT. Assuming they're all in front of IP, it's not looking good. Too bad, my Endgame Rocket is itching for a ride!:

Captain America (Endgame)
IG-11
Iron Patriot (Endgame)
Hulk (Endgame)
Spider-Man (Upgraded Suit)
Heavy Infantry Mandalorian
Thor (Endgame)
Rescue

Yeah I think you are right darth dennis. That said, when ordering this IP a coup of months ago I felt that he would almost certainly be delayed based on how things have gone of late. Hopefully I will be as happy with him as I am with the long awaited Nebula and Gamora figures.

I finally received a notice for the Night Monkey (Stealth Suit) Deluxe but still no Beskar Mando from SSC. I?ve received everything else that I?ve ordered from them that has been released in HK already. What?s left from the picture? Hellboy, Upgraded Spidey, 1/4 Spidey, IG-11, Endgame Cap & Team Suit Tony? I?d bet that 2 of these will release in HK (and hopefully make it on the boat) before the 12th. I?d bet IG-11 and Upgraded Spidey or 1/4 Spidey (which I didn?t order any of the 3, yay).

Attachments

• 04773FD3-7398-4D70-A7E1-BCDB21FF2A31.jpeg
    04773FD3-7398-4D70-A7E1-BCDB21FF2A31.jpeg
    305.5 KB · Views: 419
So the last post on this thread was January 31st by….. OMFG ME!!! Well Omega9300, Darth Dennis and Subzro lured me back (each of them could do that on their own but all 3 in a row made resistance futile). Stuff like this is absolutely worthy of The Godfather quote, “just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!” Anyways, as I have mentioned several times since the Art of Avengers Endgame book was released, the content is simply amazing and might just be my favorite of the MCU Art Of Books where The Iron Man Manual held top spot since its release back in December of 2013, regardless of it not being the official MCU AOIM3 book.

I have posted some pictures from the book in other threads (perhaps this one as well) and the benefit that I have been seeing lately is other Artists making tweaks to some of the art from the book. There is so much great stuff in every one of those books but this one really is on a different level. My belief is that because there were so many unused designs, cuts and concepts from both IW & EG, they were restricted as to what was going to be included in Art of IW book which then gave them an incredible amount of material to be able to include. So that is my preamble for the following pictures; I wanted to share something I came across which was from an artist who started with an unused concept from the book (which everyone should own) and then made some adjustments of their own.

There are so many pictures of unused concepts in the TIME SUITS section that there is barely any room for descriptions. From the limited description, it seemed as though the WM Mk. VI was almost not used because it just did not have the rawness and bulk associated to keep the WM & IM armors visually very different. Well since I have already wrote a thousand words and I have a few pictures worth a thousand words each, I will get right to it. I do hope everyone enjoys:
C3D27B55-C454-4C97-8C1F-8F980155C35A.jpeg
1CDEB336-D229-4852-9AC9-C86DD8EF8927.jpeg
E0A6A233-8A6C-4719-83CC-C37B8F375625.jpeg

With those 3, I am sure everyone gets the gist, the one without white panels is without Quantum Ream “material” and as I found those, I came across a favorite which is the Mark VI Team Suit variant and a decent photoshop of HT prototype IP 2.0 in WM colors:
BFEDFA5C-399C-46C8-8EEA-BA7FE20F76C3.jpeg
D8FBD653-3DAE-4E87-AB4F-6A884EBF1CFA.jpeg

Thanks for the suggestion blingus, sounds like I need to get that book!!

I absolutely love the appearance of the concept art depictions, I love the bulk in the shoulders and legs, super impressive!

Do you think they might go with a design like this in Armor Wars?

I absolutely love the appearance of the concept art depictions.

I bought all the MCU Art of books and for information, look elsewhere. This is the most densely packed with concept art out of any previous one BY FAR so, if as you said, that is your thing, then absolutely add to cart, buy it now!

UGH, Armor Wars gives me a headache. If it pulls from the comics, the first step will have to involve finding the designs for Mk. 51-84 and then the Nano bots, the programming of the Nano bots, making arc reactors and all this from a mostly destroyed WM Mk. VI and possibly some dead Nano bots scattered around the battlefield. I mean sure, we got a government appointed Cap coming, Rhodey will be ?consulted? in the interim, Pep will have an army of lawyers but ever since the snap, the world, heck, the universe is ready to hand over freedom for safety. It should be very political but with how Disney has been acting lately, regardless of my personal views, I am weary that they could get an objective plot line approved. ****, if I was in the writer?s room, I?d be fearful for my job if I turned in notes that were ?too objective? :wink1:

Anyways, I do hope they actually revisit some of the HPP suits so that they make sense trying to work with IM tech that isn?t bleeding edge and they could also start with some armors to run by Pep saying it is not for military offensives like Striker/Gamma, Peacemaker/Red Snapper, maybe Starboost to go hang out with Fury and S.W.O.R.D. and Hammerhead to swim with Namor, I dunno. It?s going to be very packed without Tony (well with a Tony AI) and introducing Iron Heart. Fook, like I said, headache.

The Marvel Legends EG War Machine was made with this concept art, it looks pretty derpy especially with the shotgun arms

Yup, sure does! At least the figure looks derpy but the concept art looks neat-o! Plus, the great thing about that book, if you don?t necessarily like 1, 2, 3, 4 or even 5 concepts, there?s a good chance there?s another 5 to choose from; it is kinda wild.

I absolutely love the appearance of the concept art depictions, I love the bulk in the shoulders and legs, super impressive!

Yes, I would strongly recommend the book! It's got a ton of great concept art in it. I missed out on the Infinity War version so glad I snagged the Endgame at retail...

Debating getting this figure. I have about 8-9 Iron Man/War Machines and want a really different figure. Debating between this and the HB. I?ll wait until
This is released first to decide but this looks like it will really stand out and costs almost $1000 cheaper than HB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debating getting this figure. I have about 8-9 Iron Man/War Machines and want a really different figure. Debating between this and the HB. I?ll wait until
This is released first to decide but this looks like it will really stand out and costs almost $1000 cheaper than HB.

If you're more of a War Machine fan, you should get Iron Patriot.If you're more of an Iron Man fan, you should get the Hulkbuster.Just sayin'......:)

If you're more of a War Machine fan, you should get Iron Patriot.If you're more of an Iron Man fan, you should get the Hulkbuster.Just sayin'......:)

I mean I really like Iron Man and War Machine equally. And listen, I know HulkBuster is an amazing achievement. But this Iron Patriot Mark II i believe will be a sleeper hit. I think it will really stand out and when you have 8-9 IM/WM sometimes you want something that really stands out. I consider it sort of Hulkbuster light. I think I?ll wait to see from initial reviews (I doubt this sells out before) and if it is met with a warm reception I think this is a piece I?ll purchase.

So this is delayed now. Says Fall 2021 (Sept-Nov).
Sigh. As long as it comes out as a really good release.

Back